Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Pikeville Varsity Cheerleaders Place 3rd at UCA Nationals
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pikeville Varsity placed 3rd after making it straight to Finals in the Small D-II.

Great job, girls! A great finish for this squad and another notch to Mrs. Stone's astonishing career to go with 7 State Titles and 2 National Championships with several high finishes at Nationals. This 3rd place finish is the best finish at Nationals in a few years for PHS. Losing only one girl, they should be solid and a serious contender next year!

Now go get that 6th straight State Title!

Congratulations to Southwestern on winning the National Title in this division.

HAIL PIKEVILLE!
I'm a little late but great job! Awesome to see these girls represent the mountains on the national stage.
I have no respect for a team that has taken 3rd at nationals this year because they are using BABIES on the squad!! There are girls on their that arent even in high school!
If you cant win with the correct age group, you cant win. Previuos years prove that they cannot compete at nationals and win, but now that they added talent from little girls, they move may places up in ranking. No pride in that. Withoutadoubt.:lame:
doesn't matter how old they are its accepted by the khsaa.so dont make rude commments because you didnt make it to nationals. im proud of these girls and im sure you couldnt compete with them. :champ: goodluck at state girls do what everyone knows you can!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And I'm sure whatever school you support has won national championships, state championships, and you are truly indignant for, ya know, the HEALTH of the sport. Please. All of the girls were high school students. This is just a hater trolling. Congrats to the team for representing well!
I dont support any other cheer team. I am a friend of one. There are most definately girls on their squad that are not in high school. PLEASE check it out , I am not lying to you.
I love it when people from our area are nationally recognized. When they deserve it. Using little girls to boost your high school squad is NOT worth recognizing.
withoutadoubt Wrote:I dont support any other cheer team. I am a friend of one. There are most definately girls on their squad that are not in high school. PLEASE check it out , I am not lying to you.
I love it when people from our area are nationally recognized. When they deserve it. Using little girls to boost your high school squad is NOT worth recognizing.
Were the girls eligible to compete? Yes they were. Any other school could have done the same thing. I am not a great cheer expert, so I do not what kind of advantage you could get besides the fact that they are good at what they do. But no advantage was gained, because every other squad had the same option. Just something else for people to whine and complain about.
I have always been impressed with Pikeville and wish them good luck at state, and good luck to Letcher Central Cheerleaders also.
withoutadoubt Wrote:I have no respect for a team that has taken 3rd at nationals this year because they are using BABIES on the squad!! There are girls on their that arent even in high school!
If you cant win with the correct age group, you cant win. Previuos years prove that they cannot compete at nationals and win, but now that they added talent from little girls, they move may places up in ranking. No pride in that. Withoutadoubt.:lame:
Other sports team bring up young athletes if they are good enough. This is no different. The varsity cheer team ask the two girls if they would like to move up and they agreed and so did their parents. Nothing wrong with rewarding young talented athletes. Shelby Valley pulled up Leeza Mullins her 8th grade year and she was playing varsity. No one argued about her playing and that it wasn't "fair". Talent is talent. Not like they were holding people back for talent.
This is another great honor for the Pikeville varsity girls, and Mrs. Stone.
Any time anything, or anyone enjoys success as Mrs. Stone and these young ladies have, envy rears it's ugly head as it has in this case. Pay no attention.
Congrats to the Pikeville varsity girls, and Mrs. Stone for a job well done.