Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: UK-U of L Game Time, Date Changed for TV
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(AP) - The battle for the Governor's Cup is headed to primetime.

The annual Louisville-Kentucky football game has been moved from Saturday, Sept. 2 to Sunday, Sept. 3. Kickoff at Papa John's Stadium will be at 8 p.m. EDT. The game will be shown live on ESPN.

This marks the fourth straight year the Cardinals and the Wildcats have opened the season against each other. Louisville won its third straight over the Wildcats 31-24 in Lexington last fall.

The Cardinals have won six of their last seven against their instate rivals, though Kentucky leads the all-time series 10-8. The Cardinals went 9-3 last season, finishing the year ranked 19th in the nation while the Wildcats went 3-8.
They thought the Marshall vs WVU game was going to be the primetime game that weekend but looks like UK - UL bumps them again.
i hope uk can win this year
I think UK has a really good chance of winning this, their defense is really picking it up, and with the addition of Micah Johnson UK should be a defensive team for the years to come. Not to mention every East Kentucky fans favorite player, DAVID JONES!
its going to be a good game i believe
good move...
Doesn't matter when they play this game. UK will get drilled any day or time of the week by UL.
venom93 Wrote:Doesn't matter when they play this game. UK will get drilled any day or time of the week by UL.

Just like you probably said last year too right?
alfus21 Wrote:Just like you probably said last year too right?

Let me guess. You have all your money riding on the Cats this year to beat UL?? Be realistic. The UK football team is NOT good.
venom93 Wrote:Let me guess. You have all your money riding on the Cats this year to beat UL?? Be realistic. The UK football team is NOT good.
They were "...not good..." last year also and almost beat the "BCS team" then. In a rivalry game like this one I think it will most always be a hard fought game.
venom93 Wrote:Let me guess. You have all your money riding on the Cats this year to beat UL?? Be realistic. The UK football team is NOT good.

i would put more money on that then i would for U of L to win by more then 10....

No, Im not a freakin' biased moron, but I do know how to be optimistic in most situations and not bitch about everything going wrong in the world like some people on this site.
alfus21 Wrote:No, Im not a freakin' biased moron, but I do know how to be optimistic in most situations and not bitch about everything going wrong in the world like some people on this site.

I went to every home game last year. Trust me there is a lot wrong with UK football. If not for the tailgating, the stadium would be empty because of the crappy product that takes the field. Getting run all over game after game gets old. Just like UK's coach and its pathetic losing ways. I'll take UL this year by 2 TD's.