Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Report: Ex-Duke star Redick arrested for DWI
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
J.J. Redick, a likely first-round pick in this month's NBA draft, was arrested for driving while impaired early Tuesday and has was released on $1,000 bond, a Raleigh-Durham, N.C., television station reported.

WTVD, citing a police report, said that Redick was arrested at 1:03 a.m. in Durham, N.C., after the former Duke star made an illegal U-turn to avoid a police checkpoint.

The television station reported that Redick is scheduled to appear in a Durham court on July 17.

The NBA draft is scheduled June 28 in New York City. How an arrest will affect Redick's draft status is unclear, though it may not hurt it, according to ESPN.com's Andy Katz.

Redick had previously pulled out of scheduled workouts with Orlando and Boston this week. Previously, he had worked out for Golden State, Utah, Houston and Seattle.

Among the teams reportedly interested in Redick is Houston, which has the No. 8 pick.
Here is his mug shot. [Image: 01__________jj_redick_mug.jpg]
maybe this will teach him not to drink and drive... i'm just glad he didn't get out and wreck
Wow. I'm glad he didn't hurt anybody or himself driving like that but I love that of all people he got caught and arrested
Kinda stupid of the guy, hopefully it will hurt his contract because people deserve to pay for doing stupid things like this.
loser...
Glad no one got hurt maybe he'll meet Bubba. LOL PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!
how stupid is this kid...all he says is how much of a christian he is and goes out and does something like this......such a role model to little kids and goes and gets arrested
BelfryPride Wrote:loser...
Won't be a loser for long..When he is making $30,000,000.00 Do you guys actually think that NBA execs. care about this..IT IS THE NBA...STUPID MOVE ..YES INDEED! But this will be thrown out just like everything else always is!
I still don't see him being all that in the NBA.
haha.. if this hurts his chances of playin in the nba its cause he's white... because look at all the thugs in there now....
Love your pic crazytaxi!
thank ya lol
All he can do is shoot of screens, so no he wont do well in the NBA. Oh, yes, what ever happened to him being such a great guy?
I am just shocked that Dickie V and Jay Bilas weren't there to personally drive him anywhere he wanted to go.
Yeah, or Billy Packer!
J.J. always came across as a spoiled little punk to me...I never knew why, but i just have never liked him. I guess my "6th Sense" didn't fail me this time. I wouldn't mind J.J. seeing a HUGE drop in the draft because of this.
Dickie V. and Jay Bilas were too busy driving down Tobacco Road looking for the next band wagon to jump on this year (Reddick is last years news), and I think Billy Packer is having to much trouble getting his head out of Roy Williams' anus!!:headphone
Amen!!
Hoosier Daddy Wrote:J.J. always came across as a spoiled little punk to me...I never knew why, but i just have never liked him. I guess my "6th Sense" didn't fail me this time. I wouldn't mind J.J. seeing a HUGE drop in the draft because of this.
youknowwhoibe Wrote:All he can do is shoot of screens, so no he wont do well in the NBA. Oh, yes, what ever happened to him being such a great guy?

I'm still convinced he is a great guy, especially after meeting him, and it didn't say how much over he was, he could have been like .0001 over the legal limit, or the minimum over, and was completely fine

:doughnutc
When will they ever learn.
BFritz Wrote:I'm still convinced he is a great guy, especially after meeting him, and it didn't say how much over he was, he could have been like .0001 over the legal limit, or the minimum over, and was completely fine

:doughnutc

It doesnt matter if he blew a .08 or .30 the fact of the matter is he claims he is such a great person who doesnt do anything wrong, and BAM the long arm of the law just beat him with a three. Redick blew a .11 BAC after he parked his vehicle, and officers then charged him with a DWI and unsafe movement of a vehicle for the illegal U-turn. Also here is a picture of his mug shot.
[Image: 01__________jj_redick_mug.jpg]
thats hilarious
Our thoughts and prayers are with you J.J....YEAH RIGHT, LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
J.J. messed up horribly, I'm one of the biggest Duke fans I know and this is just a shame to hear that from a school like Duke, and a professional bound athlete like J.J., would get involved in something like this.
Ignorance! I mean really..What a dumbass to pull something like this off with what has to come of his future! But I really don't think that this will play any role in the draft!
guys seriously... everyone makes mistakes, but if the pros want him, then he'll still go.. if they passed on guys just cause they have a dwi, then how many guys would actually be playing.. they don't care about criminal records.. they care about money..

as far as a personal issue then yes this is one for J.J.
as far as professional issue.. it's not goin to make a difference
Agreed!

BallaBaby

crazytaxidriver Wrote:guys seriously... everyone makes mistakes, but if the pros want him, then he'll still go.. if they passed on guys just cause they have a dwi, then how many guys would actually be playing.. they don't care about criminal records.. they care about money..

as far as a personal issue then yes this is one for J.J.
as far as professional issue.. it's not goin to make a difference

Great post! :Thumbs: