Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Favorite UnderDog
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Besides your favorite team, what team do you love to see pull upsets and make noise?? I mean is there any teams who aren't powerhouses that you like??

For me, it's College of Charlseton in basketball. I was going nuts when they made it to the Big Dance in 99.
You know..The team that I like is because of there hustle and hardwork..But it has to be Gonzaga..I mean it is a VERY small school who excels every year with 3 star players who play hard! What more can you ask..They don't get the McDonalds All Americans..they find PLAYERS! And have done a good job finding them..!
I'd say Western Kentucky would be my most favirote underdog team ! The year they defeated Kentucky in Rupp Arena was a heart breaker !
The ETSU days of the early 90's was AWESOME!!!!!!!
Gonzaga back in the day. But this year when George Mason made it to the Final Four. That was a great story and one of the biggest underdogs in recent memory. But the greatest of all time to me that comes to mind is NC State in 83 when they defeated the Universtiy of Houston and the "Phi Slamma Jamma", I wasnt born yet but ive watched the game plenty of times and it gets better every time.
Gonzaga would be my pick. When they made their first run in the NCAA Tourney.