Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Baseball?????
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Why dont cheerleaders cheer for baseball????Any thoughts besides no where to really stand.......
Shhhhhhhhh or someone will.
I think alot of the reason would be room, or a safety issue............Cheerleaders would have to helmets.....LOL
cheering a baseball game is the worst idea ever. you would have way too many floor cheers which would have to be done in the outfield because tumbling on the dirt would cause your hands to bleed. Baseball games are too long and it isnt logical to have cheerleaders.

i would like to add that at some colleges their cheerleaders cheer at hockey games. on ice skates. crazy
I think too....... on the high school level, some cheerleaders are into another spring sport, so the schedules would conflict.
What would be a good baseball cheer?
The Guru Wrote:What would be a good baseball cheer?

Pitcher has a big butt lol (from the movie The Rookie lol)
NYY10 Wrote:Pitcher has a big butt lol (from the movie The Rookie lol)
I had thought about that one, but I don't think you can direct anything at a particular player. LMAO
How about..."I like it when you call me Big Papa"!!
NYY10 Wrote:Pitcher has a big butt lol (from the movie The Rookie lol)

didn't ya mean "Rookie of the Year"??? and.... Hardball is an awesome movie!!!
the majors don't have cheerleaders so that is probably why no one else does....imo
If they cheer for baseball they would need to cheer for softball also. There are conflicts with cheerhoppers in fall sports as well because some play volleyball and in winter there are some that also play basketball. These girls have to be extremely tired most of the time. Hats off to them.
safety
yea i think too that its just never been done before.. its not done on the major league level or college why do it in high school?
amen to that first sentence
What a half baked thread. I've seen crackheads with better ideas than this.
I do know in girl's softball, they cheer for themselves.....always doing cheers & chants.......I think it's cute, they can come up with some good ones!
MRC06 Wrote:What a half baked thread. I've seen crackheads with better ideas than this.

LMAO! nice
The Guru Wrote:I had thought about that one, but I don't think you can direct anything at a particular player. LMAO
How about..."I like it when you call me Big Papa"!!

HARDBALL! :rockon:
too big of a distraction baseball games are usually kinda quiet, and it isnt really a safe, or good idea...really kind of a redundant idea.
friendofbelfry Wrote:I do know in girl's softball, they cheer for themselves.....always doing cheers & chants.......I think it's cute, they can come up with some good ones!

:thumpsup: You got that right!!
I'd say because of the safety issue and the fact that not many people attend baseball games, at least not like basketball and football.
baseball isnt set up to have cheerleaders either. Basketball and football have sidelines. Its not particularly safe to cheer for those sports either. Ive seen girls get plowed by linebackers and girls tumbling onto loose basketballs. Its like if you had cheerleaders for golf. its just not that type of sport
PvilleCheerAlum Wrote:baseball isnt set up to have cheerleaders either. Basketball and football have sidelines. Its not particularly safe to cheer for those sports either. Ive seen girls get plowed by linebackers and girls tumbling onto loose basketballs. Its like if you had cheerleaders for golf. its just not that type of sport

Good point. But volleyball and tennis have sidelines and you still don't have or need cheerleaders for those sports. I guess the large crowds at basketball and football games are what makes cheerleaders needed and wanted.
Safty
That would be preety cool, but it is never going to happen because of all the reasons of saftey, and nowhere to cheer
EKY Sportster Wrote:Good point. But volleyball and tennis have sidelines and you still don't have or need cheerleaders for those sports. I guess the large crowds at basketball and football games are what makes cheerleaders needed and wanted.

I have actually seen UK's white squad team cheer @ some volleyball games....interesting idea, huh? :Cheerlead
Bring the cheerleaders and the Bands out to the field. Lets see what happens.
haha i could live with a band in between innings instead of some of the songs they play
PvilleCheerAlum Wrote:cheering a baseball game is the worst idea ever. you would have way too many floor cheers which would have to be done in the outfield because tumbling on the dirt would cause your hands to bleed. Baseball games are too long and it isnt logical to have cheerleaders.

i would like to add that at some colleges their cheerleaders cheer at hockey games. on ice skates. crazy

I don't think that it's that bad of an idea. technically* they wouldn't be floor cheers, considering you're not on a floor. lol... and you wouldn't have to do them between every inning. Yes, baseball games are long. But it's their sport, and they play the whole the time. So, why can't we? .... Not being on the field while the game is going on, actually puts you closer to your fans. They could be more involved. We cheer for football players,.... why not baseball players? I think it isnt logical *not to cheer for them. Baseball is the greatest sport there is, in my opinion. Why it is overlooked, is beyond me.
:Cheerlead
Mr.Baseball2 Wrote:safety

As long as we were off the field, it would be completely safe. The only thing remotely dangerous would be a foul ball. And you are at risk of them sitting in the stands.
Pages: 1 2