Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Automatics
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does any other school besides Prestonsburg have the rule that if you tried out and made the Varsity squad for 3 consecutive years that you don't have to try out the 4th, which would be your senior year?
I think most schools have that rule, but I do think some make you go through tryouts just to see where you place, (maybe for comp. purposes)but I don't think you loose your spot. That is not a definate, just my opinon
I think that at Pike Central this they kept all of the seniors because when they combined the two squads into one squad Coach Rowe told the girls that cheered all three years that would automaticallly be on Varsity thier seniors- However I believe after this the rule will change if they don't place by thier score they won't be on the squad. I am not sure about this I am just guessing.
I personally think that every girl should have to go through try outs every year. This should be the case with all sports. Of course, as a returning veteran with experience, it would be hard to imagine a situation where any girl would fail to make the team in their junior or senior year if they had been cheering before. (Unless you have a change of sponsors and they don't want a particular girl and try something underhanded). But as long as it is all fair and done by independent judges, then it should work just fine. It helps with placement too.