Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 2nd Tryout for Kentucky Team
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The KMSFA will be holding a second tryout for the Kentucky Team.

Please take note as follows -

6th grade - open tryout for all positions (specifically seeking a QB, defensive players)

7th grade - all positions are filled

8th grade - by invitation only

The tryout will held at -

Franklin County High School
1100 East Main Street
Frankfort Ky 40601

Registration is at 10:30AM with tryouts to begin at 11AM.

Participants must have or complete an addendum to KHSAA Form 4 available from the KMSFA.

Players that have already submitted film or who were at the first open tryout do not need to attend. If you have been selected, you will be notified in the next few days.

ALL of the Kentucky Teams will begin practice next Saturday as well. Again, if your player has been selected to participate, information will be included in the congratulations communication your player receives.

Thank you and we look forward to seeing you all on Saturday.
I see this was posted Friday night so I sure hope that the Saturday you are speaking of was not the next morning as most all of us were watching our high school teams play Friday night. Which Saturday is this in reference to. Thanks
I'm pretty sure it was yesterday 11/10/2012.
Practice will be next weekend and then the games will be Thanksgiving weekend.
Guys the open tryout is for 6TH grade players and the 8th grade is by INVITATION.

THE TRY OUT IS FOR NOV. 17, 2012.

There will be a try out in the morning and then later that day there will be the first practice.

BRING YOUR 6TH GRADE STUDS...TEAM KY 6TH GRADE NEEDS Defensive PLAYERS AND a Quarterback!!!
How many kids are you looking at on the 6th grade. Do the kids need to bring their pads. We have several of the Belfry kids that are interested in trying out. Will tryouts be conducted at the same place the Team Ky 8th grade is practicing. Our oldest son is playing Team Ky and was wanting to know that way if we needed to bring two vehicles to travel different places.
How do 8th graders get invited?
KMSFA2 Wrote:The KMSFA will be holding a second tryout for the Kentucky Team.

Please take note as follows -

6th grade - open tryout for all positions (specifically seeking a QB, defensive players)

7th grade - all positions are filled

8th grade - by invitation only

The tryout will held at -

Franklin County High School
1100 East Main Street
Frankfort Ky 40601

Registration is at 10:30AM with tryouts to begin at 11AM.

Participants must have or complete an addendum to KHSAA Form 4 available from the KMSFA.

Players that have already submitted film or who were at the first open tryout do not need to attend. If you have been selected, you will be notified in the next few days.

ALL of the Kentucky Teams will begin practice next Saturday as well. Again, if your player has been selected to participate, information will be included in the congratulations communication your player receives.

Thank you and we look forward to seeing you all on Saturday.

By invitation only...what criteria and who determines who is invited? Inquiring minds would like to know just how inclusive the KMSFA is in this process.

Thanks in advance...
I know we have several players that want to try out from Belfry that can play with anyone in the state, I know with the teams we played this year we can say they have 2-3 quality players from Pikeville and Johnson Central. Jordan Scott from Pikeville, Gunner Slone from Johnson Central and #70 from CAL sorry i didnt get his name are three of the best that we went against all season. And during tryouts the QB from Knox Co was impressive with his arm strength.
The tryout is in fact this upcoming Saturday, 11/17/2012.

Players who have been selected already will have practice that same afternoon at 1PM and at 4PM.

Players who are trying out who are selected will also be practicing in the afternoon.

As for the question of how an 8th grader is invited to tryout, it is the same criteria as before - the player is nominated by his respective coach and video is submitted.

This being the first year the KMSFA has attempted to field a 6th grade level squad, we are being allowed a little leeway. The tryout for that level is a little more wide open still. We have 35 spots to fill and we are trying to identify our specific needs position by position.

If anyone has a 6th grade level player and their program participates in the KMSFA or is a KMSFA member feeder school, please email me privately so we can get your player to the tryouts this coming Saturday - [email]jtbass@kymiddleschoolfootball.com[/email]
Is Team KY exclusive to KMSFA only?

There are football players in the Northern Kentucky Middle School Athletic Association which may be a good fit.

Thank you for your quick response KMSFA2.
Have the players that have been chosen for team KY already been notified?
The players should get there info today or tomorrow
Can any kid in 6th grade come to tryouts my son wants to play he plays O-line and D-line. He is 5-9 and 230.Or does your team have to be a member or Kmsf.
No worries KMSFA2.....I found my answer! You all do what you do. Northern Kentucky will do what we do. After some research I uncovered the below post by Coach L....If I had known before I wouldn't have asked in the 1st place.

If you have a problem with the rule that a student can be 15 AFTER Aug. 1st of football season then take it up with the rule committee...-Coach Lockwood

Good luck against the other 15 year old middle schoolers you'll face nation wide...GO TEAM KY!
Spirit the post you took that from was talking about people complaining that some middle schools have athletes who are 15 years old, therefore I don't see the connection between that and the question you asked.

Normally the athletes picked for Team KY are from schools within the KMSFA. If your school is not apart of the association you should get your schools on board so they can compete for State Championships.
Is open tryout for the 6th grade team open for all 6th graders or just members?
The 6th grade tryout is for any school that is apart of the association, from what i am being told.
I see this was published Sunday evening so I sure wish that the Sunday you are discussing of was not the next morning hours as most all of us were viewing our secondary school groups play Sunday evening. Which Sunday is this in referrals to.