Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Belfry's #44 Cole Bentley (TE/Walk-up LB) 2012 8th Grade Highlights
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[YOUTUBE="#44 Cole Bentley"]kfLTGopj0Es[/YOUTUBE]

Wish we could add the playoff and championship game on here. T.E. - D.E. but of course the Belfry defense the ends actually play outside line backer spot.
saw both games what is his axctual height and weight
good frame nice kid,but needs a lot of work on footwork.
He is actually 6'5" 230-235 depends on his meal. Lol. He does need a work on his feet but our high school basketball with should help with that plus hits training center should take care of it for us in the off season. Hope he works hard enough to see some playing time next year for the pirates high school sqaud. Hard to walk when you wear a 17 in shoe. Just getting use to his height. He has grown 3-4 inches since the begining of summer. Thanks for the comments, trust me he takes everything that people say to him and tries hard to work on it. This was his first year playing on the end. He has been on the line since he was 5 so i think he improved by leeps and bounds as the season went on as you can tell by the last couple of games against corbin, tt knight and cal. Anything else someone sees he needs to improve on please feel free to comment.
wow, thats probally the biggest belfry 8th grade team i have seen..
A great bunch of kids that like to hit.
proud44pirate Wrote:A great bunch of kids that like to hit.

well i know they will be needed nxt yr,because of there loss on defense more than anything with the linebackers.
Future looks bright for the Pirates.
He made the eastbay all american team. I will try to send the address of how you can watch the game. We have been asked by a few people so figured we would post it. The game is played Jan 6th in San Antonio Tx. He will be playing def tackle for the game and def end. They also told us he would be playing tight end when we needed to go with a tight package instead of just spreading it out.
He is an excellent athlete with a very bright future. Best wishes from Knox County for a great kid.
Thanks so much. He is excited as he can be. Ready to go and represent ky.
Congrats to this young man. May he represent Belfry and Kentucky well on the national stage.

With hard work this offseason, you have to figure he will have a fighters short AT&T starting TE next season.
Thanks for the kind words, but its Belfry we are talking about. Freshman very seldom get to play. We are just hoping he gets to see the field a little bit. I know he will work his tail off trying to see the field and help the Pirates to another great season. He has some huge shoes to fill with the two kids that have played tight end the last 5 years for Belfry. His older brother started 3 years for the Pirates and Messer has the last couple. He has the body and work ethic but just has to get stronger and mentally ready to be able to deal with the beefed up schedule Belfry has.
We made it to san antonio safely. The place is set up to entertain the fans. All kinds of signs around town mentioning the all american game. Really gets the boys excited about being here and playing.
How was Cole's experience?

The BHS schedule certainly has been "beefed up" and I realize he is playing basketball, but hopefully the 8th graders are starting to work toward the upcoming season.
The experience was amazing. Cole got to see what he needed to do to get to the next level. Made a lot of connections and met several coaches and scouts. He wants to work even harder now so he can play in the senior game.
This kid is good, no doubt...but it KILLS me to see all these guys standing straight up to block him - are they not teaching low man wins any more? Whoever is assigned to him needs to fire off the ball right at his thighs or hips to at least slow him down a second or 2. Best of luck to him in the future - hope he keeps working and makes a name.....
Hi guys,

I just wrote an article about Cole on my new website, VarsityProspects.com

I'm not trying to spam anyone with my site, just thought it would be a good read for anyone interested in Cole and what's new with him. Hope you enjoy!

http://varsityprospects.com/index.php?op...Itemid=748
sorry i havent gotten to get on in a while. The summer has been crazy for Cole. He got an offer from Florida while at their camp to be part of the 2017 class soon as he gets old enough to sign. Went to FBU Nashville and got the overall camp defensive MVP. But recruiter from getseengetsigned.com is amazing. Recruiters from Florida, Tenn, Ill, Ga, Miami and Alabama so far this year. He goes to Alabama in 3 weeks. As you can read the different articles on him that several scouts have wrote. So far its been an awesome ride. He decided to concentrate this summer on playing the defensive line, with his hand on the ground, at the tackle and end position and it has been great for him. He took what some people had said about needing work on his feet and speed to heart and worked hard. If anyone else sees something he needs to work on speak up. He has put a lot of time in the gym and cutting hillsides. Looking forward to any playing time he gets this year. Its going to be tuff to get on the field on Friday nights at Belfry since they have a lot of big men coming back. One last note I look forward to watching Belfry middle school this season, they have some great athletes back and should make another title run. I bet they dont get a 9 seed this year. lol
^ Very exciting time for this young man. I think his family is doing a real service to him by getting him in this camps and getting that exposure.

Hopefully that is all wrapped up by the time practice starts. I and I'm sure others are eager to see what the young men coming up can do.
I feel like Cole should have played down this year, with him and Ray Ray they would have caused even more havoc than they did all year. Cole has a great future, and you know I love the kid to death. He's not only a good player but a good kid and that means just as much as being good on the field. Nobody deserves the attention like Cole does. He has to keep getting stronger and working hard. Imagine if someone with Cole's size and skill works as hard as anybody. Scary.
this kid is the real deal
Wow
proud44,

I just wanna say I am reading this thread for the first time and it is VERY refreshing to see how you are handling this and the way you are going about it. A lot of time son Message Boards the players' dad comes across as the all knowing, defensive minded super fan who has a son who does no wrong. Your humility and the way you and Cole are taking constructive criticism is a welcome sight.

FWIW, my dad has been following Belfry football for decades and has seen many great players. he is especially hard on evaluating DE's and LB's. He thinks your son has the POTENTIAL to be one of those all-time players in Belfry History if he legitimately puts in the effort and makes it a persnal goal to simply dominate anyone who ligns up against him every play.
WOW never watched this kid much last year. I real believe that he is the real deal. what about UK, would like to see them snatch him up. LOL