Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Southern Pulaski vs. Belfry
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What would it take to see this happen?
How can it happen if the East/ West All Star game is in the distance; and most feel that the Middle School Football season is concluded?

Principals getting approved thru Supts. ?

Then is it a neutral site? I'm sure both would love to hold HOME field advantage; but dont' see that happening?
It will NEVER happen. Fun for fans, like myself, to stir the pot an rile the fans from Southern as who is the best thou. Both teams proved they are the best, the best of the two will never be known from a game standpoint.
True Bones, just like the mythical national championship in college football. It is one of those things that will be debated to death. No way to really decide it this year and even if it was played next year it will be two differnt teams. But it is fun to speculate on who the winner(Southern) would be.
Warrior Grandpa Wrote:True Bones, just like the mythical national championship in college football. It is one of those things that will be debated to death. No way to really decide it this year and even if it was played next year it will be two differnt teams. But it is fun to speculate on who the winner(Southern) would be.

I seen what you did there. :biggrin:
We played against both teams. I've watched both in person a couple times this year, and I've watched film on both. With that said Belfry is without a doubt one of the top 3-5 teams in the state. However, Southern is the best team in the state. And I think Northern would also beat Belfry. Northern runs a spread offense that could attack the Belfry defensive weaknesses, but they are also physical enough on defense to stop Belfry.
goBIGblue82 Wrote:We played against both teams. I've watched both in person a couple times this year, and I've watched film on both. With that said Belfry is without a doubt one of the top 3-5 teams in the state. However, Southern is the best team in the state. And I think Northern would also beat Belfry. Northern runs a spread offense that could attack the Belfry defensive weaknesses, but they are also physical enough on defense to stop Belfry.

I Northern and Southern play we are as good as Northern i don't know about Southern but ever count these boys out they have alot of heart as well as speed and talent but all three trams are great so it don't really matter congrats to these teams on vreat seasons.
That would be great time for it to happen. Just to bad a lot of the Belfry kids will be busy that weekend with the game and Team Kentucky practice.
99PIRATEFAN Wrote:I Northern and Southern play we are as good as Northern i don't know about Southern but ever count these boys out they have alot of heart as well as speed and talent but all three trams are great so it don't really matter congrats to these teams on vreat seasons.
Sorry but you are not as good as Northern.
No, they are better! :biggrin:
Southern would name the score on Belfry and so would Northern.
I play for JCMS 8th and we played against Belfry and Northern Pulaski this year and they are both great teams. The final score against Belfry was 8-0 it was a good game but if we had the chance to play them again i think it would be a better game. Belfry couldnt beat North or South Pulaski but they are still one of the top 5 teams in the state!
meat loaf Wrote:Southern would name the score on Belfry and so would Northern.

Nobody is denying Southern and Northern's talent, I'm sure the whole state is aware of their talents. But no, they would not name the score on Belfry, I guarantee you that much. Any team can be beaten on any given weekend, even your precious Pulaski teams. This argument will never end, I would love to see this game happen as much as the rest of you, and Belfry can play on the same field as either one of these teams. Don't believe me? Ask the Southern Pulaski coaches.
meat loaf Wrote:Southern would name the score on Belfry and so would Northern.

:thatsfunn negatory!!! I have watched Southern play 3 times and Northern 2. Belfry would beat Northern, Southern would be a more difficult task, but doable. How many times have you seen Belfry play? Honestly?
Just to be mentioned in the same sentence with south and north is a true testiment of how far the middle school at belfry has came in a short year. Remember this was our first year ever playing in the state tournament. So thanks for the comments of just mentioning us with them. Maybe we could meet up in 4 years on the high school field and see how it goes then. That would be a great game for the pike county bowl to set up.
Crossbones Wrote::thatsfunn negatory!!! I have watched Southern play 3 times and Northern 2. Belfry would beat Northern, Southern would be a more difficult task, but doable. How many times have you seen Belfry play? Honestly?

I don't think Belfry could have beat Johnson Co on a neutral field, let alone Northern. However, Belfry is good enough that nobody is going to "name the score" on them, North and South included.
the belfry johnson central game has been close for the last couple of years. johnson central only bear them last year by a touchdown on a couple of really bad calls. and as you know the high school team has owned johnson central for a long time. think its 27-3 in favor of belfry, including this years game. not sure on the 3 it may just be 2.
Iynalot Wrote:I don't think Belfry could have beat Johnson Co on a neutral field, let alone Northern. However, Belfry is good enough that nobody is going to "name the score" on them, North and South included.

belfry was playing 2-3 games a week when we beat johnson once we started gettin full weeks of practice no one cmae within 28!!!
proud44pirate
Water Boy

“the belfry johnson central game has been close for the last couple of years. johnson central only bear them last year by a touchdown on a couple of really bad calls. and as you know the high school team has owned johnson central for a long time. think its 27-3 in favor of belfry, including this years game. not sure on the 3 it may just be 2.”

I like to start off by saying Belfry 8th grade teams is a great team and after we (JCHS 8TH) played them, I told everyone they would win the D2 State. However, let set the record straight.
First, You bring up the overall record of Central vs Belfry. However, you fail to mention under Jim Matney JC has 2 Wins / 3 Loses with the only blowout being 2010 JC 42- Belfry 7. 2012 17 – 14 Belfry, 2011 21 -14 Central, 2010 42-7 Central, 21-13 Belfry & 28 -12 Belfry.
Second you talk about “ready bad calls” how would you summarize the officiating this year with the game we played at Belfry? (I told the players they need to be 2 TD better to win at Belfry)(I was wrong the home field advantage was only TD and 1 /2). If you have any questing about the advantage then watch the tape of the game. You can clear on tape on 4th Down on the QB snick JC’s QB was about ½ past the gold line and it was call down short. Second, late in the game with like 50 second to go you can see the official look up at the first down marker back at the spot where the ball would have been inside the five and then threw the flag calling an imaginary block in the back.

bhsuknow92
Water Boy

belfry was playing 2-3 games a week when we beat johnson once we started gettin full weeks of practice no one cmae within 28!!!

Third, we all were playing 2 to 3 games a week.
In addition, Belfry’s coach posted needing a game on Saturday about 2 weeks after we had played. JCHS 8th Grade coach call and tried to get a game but Belfry’s coach was unwilling.
Last, after playing North Pulaski twice this year and South Pulaski last year I can clear say that Belfry is not on the same level or class of either of those two teams. I do agree that Belfry would match up better with South Pulaski power game. But in the overall picture it would not make much of a difference. Both North and South would beat Belfry by 3 TD if not more. Score would look something like 42 – 14.
proud44pirate Wrote:the belfry johnson central game has been close for the last couple of years. johnson central only bear them last year by a touchdown on a couple of really bad calls. and as you know the high school team has owned johnson central for a long time. think its 27-3 in favor of belfry, including this years game. not sure on the 3 it may just be 2.

Not sure of your point here. If you are talking about high school then yes, Belfry has "owned" Johnson Central. Middle school has been quite the oppisite with JCMS "owning" BMS. This year was the 1st BMS has won in the series. All of this still has nothing to do with the fact that neither team, JCMS or BMS who were pretty equally matched, would do very well against this years North and South teams.
bhsuknow92 Wrote:belfry was playing 2-3 games a week when we beat johnson once we started gettin full weeks of practice no one cmae within 28!!!

Everyone plays the same type of schedule. Who did you play after the JCMS game? Who were the other quality D1 teams you played this year?
Eagle84 Wrote:proud44pirate
Water Boy

“the belfry johnson central game has been close for the last couple of years. johnson central only bear them last year by a touchdown on a couple of really bad calls. and as you know the high school team has owned johnson central for a long time. think its 27-3 in favor of belfry, including this years game. not sure on the 3 it may just be 2.”

I like to start off by saying Belfry 8th grade teams is a great team and after we (JCHS 8TH) played them, I told everyone they would win the D2 State. However, let set the record straight.
First, You bring up the overall record of Central vs Belfry. However, you fail to mention under Jim Matney JC has 2 Wins / 3 Loses with the only blowout being 2010 JC 42- Belfry 7. 2012 17 – 14 Belfry, 2011 21 -14 Central, 2010 42-7 Central, 21-13 Belfry & 28 -12 Belfry.
Second you talk about “ready bad calls” how would you summarize the officiating this year with the game we played at Belfry? (I told the players they need to be 2 TD better to win at Belfry)(I was wrong the home field advantage was only TD and 1 /2). If you have any questing about the advantage then watch the tape of the game. You can clear on tape on 4th Down on the QB snick JC’s QB was about ½ past the gold line and it was call down short. Second, late in the game with like 50 second to go you can see the official look up at the first down marker back at the spot where the ball would have been inside the five and then threw the flag calling an imaginary block in the back.

bhsuknow92
Water Boy

Third, we all were playing 2 to 3 games a week.
In addition, Belfry’s coach posted needing a game on Saturday about 2 weeks after we had played. JCHS 8th Grade coach call and tried to get a game but Belfry’s coach was unwilling.
Last, after playing North Pulaski twice this year and South Pulaski last year I can clear say that Belfry is not on the same level or class of either of those two teams. I do agree that Belfry would match up better with South Pulaski power game. But in the overall picture it would not make much of a difference. Both North and South would beat Belfry by 3 TD if not more. Score would look something like 42 – 14.

First of all i would like to say JC has a great team 2nd of all i ran the chains at our game with your team and he was a foot short of yhe goal line 3rd if we would have played you at the end of the season we would have beat 3 tds maybe you need to look at your film again.
As we all Know this Game will never Happen. Granted I'd love to have just one more game but Lets try and stay respectful. Belfry You had a great season and you have a Great team. Southern has had a great run with this team 26-0 I believe over the last 2 yrs. Good luck in the Future belfry. I'm sure if Belfry has thier coaches Call Coach Engle at southern we would be more than happy to play you all next year. I would Definately attend this game.
shadowlyfe Wrote:As we all Know this Game will never Happen. Granted I'd love to have just one more game but Lets try and stay respectful. Belfry You had a great season and you have a Great team. Southern has had a great run with this team 26-0 I believe over the last 2 yrs. Good luck in the Future belfry. I'm sure if Belfry has thier coaches Call Coach Engle at southern we would be more than happy to play you all next year. I would Definately attend this game.

Couldn't have said it any better. Much respect to Southern and their program from this Belfry fan, wish you all the best in the future as well.
Why cant each winning their respective divisions be enough?
Best of luck to the boys on South and Belfry when they come together for Team Ky. Looks like they are going to be a lot of talent on Ky this year. Lets get together and bring one home to the bluegrass state. Congrats to all the boys that made Team Ky. I am excited to watch as a fan all the talented players from the entire state.