Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Final overall Records
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
From the other side of state and new to this all; so would welcome facts on season ending overall records of Middle School Football teams that played in the KYMSFA.
If I'm not mistaken, I think Southern Pulaski 8th grade ended up with a 12-0 record on the season. They had 3 cancellations that were not rescheduled.

2012 KYMSFA D1 Champions 12-0
2011 KYMSFA 7th Grade Champions 14-0
Belfry ended up 18-0. The score in the semi final game was the first score on the first unit since August 30th. Gave up a total of 80 points on the season. 40 on the first unit and 40 on the second. Belfry scored 595 points. They had 13 different players score in games and had 6 different kids lead them in tackling in games. A total team effort, not one player stands out above any of the others. A true shame more of them couldnt make the KY Team.
Westport Middle School ended season 11-3

Not bad for a school that has only been playing contact football for 3 years.
proud44pirate Wrote:Belfry ended up 18-0.

That is alot of games, more than high school teams play if they make it all the way to state. Is this including scrimmages or what? No way you all could have played that many games
Butler County (10-0) regular season / 14-0 overall
Division III- KYSMFA Champion
MayfieldCardinal Wrote:That is alot of games, more than high school teams play if they make it all the way to state. Is this including scrimmages or what? No way you all could have played that many games

We actually did, one of them is a forfeit. We played 9 regular season games, plus 1 forfeit, two county playoff games to make 12, and 6 KYMSFA state tournament games (because we had to have a PLAY IN game, because we were an EIGHT seed ...)
Mayfield had a 10-3 record. We had 2 losses to Lone Oak 4a team and 1 loss to state champs Butler Co.
Lone Oak 8th Grade went 13-1. They were 24-2 for their middle school career. Very proud of the boys and can't wait to see them play for The McCracken Co. Mustangs next year.
Not that it matters much. Union Raiders 7th grade was 9-2. lost to East Central Indiana and to Bowling Green in the state semis.
Warriors Alum Wrote:If I'm not mistaken, I think Southern Pulaski 8th grade ended up with a 12-0 record on the season. They had 3 cancellations that were not rescheduled.

2012 KYMSFA D1 Champions 12-0
2011 KYMSFA 7th Grade Champions 14-0

Heck of a run for those boys.
Any chance at all of most of them playing in high school? Or will most of them quit playing along the way?
MayfieldCardinal Wrote:That is alot of games, more than high school teams play if they make it all the way to state. Is this including scrimmages or what? No way you all could have played that many games

The way I understand it. If your going to play in the state tournament. You can only play 9 regular season games.
Would like to hear from anyone on Franklin Simpson, LCA, CAL, Johnson Co. please feel free to share you regular season and final oveall records. Congrats to all of the teams, coaches, and parents. This was Butler Co. Middle's first ever time in this playoff format and it was eye opening. Our small community of 3000 will never forget.
football 105 Wrote:The way I understand it. If your going to play in the state tournament. You can only play 9 regular season games.

We did only play 9. 9 regular season (1 forfeit makes 10), 2 county playoffs (that's 12), and 6 in the state tournament (that's 18)
Belfry, why were you guys seeded so low? That is weird!

"All members agree to limit the number of regular season games to ten games, plus two scrimmages. Regular season games include a team’s conference games/conference playoffs but do not include the championship playoffs conducted by the KYMSFA. If a member’s conference requires additional game(s) due to the size of the conference or the number of conference playoff games, then an exception must be requested and submitted to the President and Championship Coordinator for approval."

On the surface it appears that you played atleast 1 or 2 more than is allowed but knowing that Belfry has been in the playoffs before I bet the coaches and school got it approved before hand. If not then you may have some trouble but I can't imagine it getting this far without being addressed.
Belfry,

Looking at the bracket it is amazing that you could have been the #8 seed; and had to play a play in game. Region 4 very very crowded. But again your wins were overwhelming. Did you actually get the #8 seed based on the regular season? You should have been a #1 seed, #2 minimum. Would love to hear how this #8 seed was decided?
Ole Miss Rebels Wrote:Belfry,

Looking at the bracket it is amazing that you could have been the #8 seed; and had to play a play in game. Region 4 very very crowded. But again your wins were overwhelming. Did you actually get the #8 seed based on the regular season? You should have been a #1 seed, #2 minimum. Would love to hear how this #8 seed was decided?

As a fan, I was upset over the seeding at first. Looking back, not so much now. I see it now as Belfry beating big odds as well as the higher seeds. The accomplishment seems bigger now. Everyone wants to be #1, in the end is where it counts though. :Thumbs:
Given the stats posted on here about how easily Belfry rolled all year it is crazy to have seeded the Pirates that way. Whoever made that call either knew little of your team or made a mistake
The way the seeds work for the playoff is simple. For every team you BEAT you earn points. If you beat a team that plays in D1 then you earn 30 points, if you play a team in D2 you earn 20 points. If you play a team in D3 then you earn 10 points.

Only teams you beat gets you points, Losing doesn't do anything for you as you might know.

So the teams that Belfry beat in the regular season what bracket/division would they fall into, D1, D2, or D3?
Coach_Lockwood Wrote:The way the seeds work for the playoff is simple. For every team you BEAT you earn points. If you beat a team that plays in D1 then you earn 30 points, if you play a team in D2 you earn 20 points. If you play a team in D3 then you earn 10 points.

Only teams you beat gets you points, Losing doesn't do anything for you as you might know.

So the teams that Belfry beat in the regular season what bracket/division would they fall into, D1, D2, or D3?

That was kinda the wrinkle that most Belfry fans wondered about. Belfry beat Pike Central twice during year with PCC being in D2 also. But, the head scratcher was PCC was seeded at #5 and Belfry #8. Go figure.:popcorn: As for me, I could care less now, the KMSFA done a great job and put on a good show during semi and championship day. I really enjoyed myself watching some pretty good football.
We only played the allowed amount. We have alot of schools in our county. But we only played 9 regular season games. 2 games in our county tournament and 6 state playoff games. We wasnt good enough to make the tournament without a play in game with Martin Co. So we ended up playing 6 in the playoffs. The other game that was mention was only a joke. We had a team that cancelled on us after we played them the first time. They said they wasn't taking another beating like that. We ended up with only 9 regular season games.
not really sure how we got the low seeding. we beat pike central 2 twice in the season and they was a 5 seed. plus we had beaten johnson central which is a div 1 team. so not sure how everything went. I think alot had to do with us never playing in the playoffs before. Its just got our kids ready to play.
we couldnt count the forfiet as an actual game but we just laugh at how the forfeit came about. glad that it did now.
East Carter 7th 11-2 lost to South Pulaski in the region semifinal.
Hazard 5/6 team went 14-0
Pikeville 8th Grade 7-4
Whitley Co 7th went 11-2 lost to Johnson co the eventual 7th grade chanps.
Johnson Co. 8th.. 10-3 (overall)
Lost to North Pulaski twice.. once in regular season and once in the play-offs
Also lost once to Belfry in the regular season!
:betterthanexpected:
Great year of football across the state.
farnsley did great this year