Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Best teams and players Southern played???
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Now that southern has been crowned best and baddest in state, would really like to hear some of the warrior fans/coaches opinions of who the best teams and players they faced were???
Whoa! Call Belfry Middle. I'd say there are a lot of people who'd like to see that game happen just to say "we know for sure who's the baddest".
Leonidas Wrote:Whoa! Call Belfry Middle. I'd say there are a lot of people who'd like to see that game happen just to say "we know for sure who's the baddest".

No offense meant, but belfry was not in the same league as southern or some of the top d1 teams!!! Watched them play tonight. Yes they were a good team, but in my opinion the western part of the Kymsfa looked like a bunch of peewee league teams with the exception of butler co.! But like I said "just my opinion"
Southern is by far the best middle school team in the state.
snapcat91 Wrote:No offense meant, but belfry was not in the same league as southern or some of the top d1 teams!!! Watched them play tonight. Yes they were a good team, but in my opinion the western part of the Kymsfa looked like a bunch of peewee league teams with the exception of butler co.! But like I said "just my opinion"

What about the 1, 2, and 3 in our region, plus the other 1 seed on our side that couldn't come within 28 of us? Respect to Southern, respect us back.
snapcat91 Wrote:No offense meant, but belfry was not in the same league as southern or some of the top d1 teams!!! Watched them play tonight. Yes they were a good team, but in my opinion the western part of the Kymsfa looked like a bunch of peewee league teams with the exception of butler co.! But like I said "just my opinion"

You know what they say about opinions? I've watched Southern play three times this year. And Belfry was well within their league. We will never know who the best was, because they don't play. I watched most all the games this weekend and your opinion is absurd to think Belfry couldn't play with and beat "the top d1 teams".
To say Belfry could not play with Southern is absurd. This Warrior would love to have seen this matchup. Probably would be a real barn burner,with quality athletes all over the field. I have seen them play twice and came away very impressed both times.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Southern is by far the best middle school team in the state.

You know what they say about opinions.:moon:
Southern? What was they're overall season ending record? Thanks
Which division 1 teams did belfry schedule or beat?
The young men who played for Southerns 8th grade have not tasted defeat in two years. They were undefeated 7th grade champs last year.The 7th grade team this year only lost one game by two points, to eventual state champ JCMS in a hard fought battle.
Just wondering how many southern pulaski players are on the TEAM KY and the east west game.
warrior grandpa Wrote:to say belfry could not play with southern is absurd. This warrior would love to have seen this matchup. Probably would be a real barn burner,with quality athletes all over the field. I have seen them play twice and came away very impressed both times.

i agree grandpa i think southern would win but belfry is for real also
my opinion on the 2 best teams southern played all year was in their region.
Northern,Knox,and a close 3rd Bell.im pretty sure most Southern parents would agree as well. As far of the Belfry issue,watched them play 3 times and they are a very talented team and would have gave southern a better game than BG, but that being said i still think southern is 3 tds better. and I'm sure our coaches would love to play if the chance was given,and I'm sure the players would love it.
WarriorProud Wrote:my opinion on the 2 best teams southern played all year was in their region.
Northern,Knox,and a close 3rd Bell.im pretty sure most Southern parents would agree as well. As far of the Belfry issue,watched them play 3 times and they are a very talented team and would have gave southern a better game than BG, but that being said i still think southern is 3 tds better. and I'm sure our coaches would love to play if the chance was given,and I'm sure the players would love it.

Funny how that goes.. I've watched Southern play 3 times and I fee Belfry is 3td better than Southern. I'd say Belfry would love to play Southern also.
Crossbones Wrote:Funny how that goes.. I've watched Southern play 3 times and I fee Belfry is 3td better than Southern. I'd say Belfry would love to play Southern also.

That is what Bowling Green and Farnsley thought too. My question is, why was Belfry in D2? If they are "so good" you'd think the coaches/parents would know this and put them at the highest level of competition possible.

Of course we will never know, but, i'd lay down the house Southern would beat Belfry by at least 2 TD's.
KarnivalKat Wrote:That is what Bowling Green and Farnsley thought too. My question is, why was Belfry in D2? If they are "so good" you'd think the coaches/parents would know this and put them at the highest level of competition possible.

Of course we will never know, but, i'd lay down the house Southern would beat Belfry by at least 2 TD's.

Belfry was not Bowling Green and Farnsley. Belfry would have beat them just the same. I can't answer your question as to why they were in D2. Coaches/parents don't make up the divisions, KMSFA did. I would assume it had to do with them being a feeder school to a 3a high school. You could lay your house anywhere, as you said, we will never know. Keep believing your team would win the matchup and I will do the same. I was being a little sarcastic when I said Belfry would win by 3tds but I do believe it would be a good ballgame. But Southern is not 3 or even 2 td's better. I've watched both teams play and believe it is a pretty even match up. That is an honest evaluation from me.
Which d1 school did belfry play or beat this year?
Here's the best way I can put Belfry together. I don't know much about them, but I'm pretty sure they played and beat Johnson County 7-0. Is that correct? If so, I know that Northern beat Johnson twice this season by 30+ pts both times...Southern beat Northern twice, once by four and once by 16. You can take that for what it's worth. With that said, I may still put Belfry in the top 5 in the state in all divisions. They'd be in the top tier of D-1, but I don't think they'd win it.
I would love to see this happen.... I wish wish someone could make it happen. Coaches could email each other. Meet @ a neutral site..I think the kids would want it.
Wildcat18 Wrote:Here's the best way I can put Belfry together. I don't know much about them, but I'm pretty sure they played and beat Johnson County 7-0. Is that correct? If so, I know that Northern beat Johnson twice this season by 30+ pts both times...Southern beat Northern twice, once by four and once by 16. You can take that for what it's worth. With that said, I may still put Belfry in the top 5 in the state in all divisions. They'd be in the top tier of D-1, but I don't think they'd win it.

I understand what your saying, but common opponents means nothing really. Southern beat Corbin 28-8. Belfry beat Corbin 29-0. You can take that for what it's worth.
Not saying anything against Belfry but the question was "Who was the best we had faced". So not having faced Belfry this warrior would say Northern #1,Knox#2a,and Bell#2b with Farnsley next. Belfry would fit right in with any of these good teams though.
Listen all this talk about belfry why are they not in d1 period end of discussion and as far as them or anybody else beating farnsley look it up do your reserch nobody and i mean nobody without the name pulaski has beat farnsley in three years so i dont want to hear anyone talking about beating farnsley if it isn't north or south.
Sorry for the slight Whitley Co., maybe would even slide you guys in before Fransley, another toss up. So many teams gave us their best shot it's hard to rank'em. Region 4 was a Beast...
We played Southern, i believe it was the 4th game of our year and I could see that Pulaski was going to be an unstoppable train. I don't think any middle school team in this state would beat them in any place or time.

They only worry about what they ave to do and dare you to stop it, which you can't. Sorry but S. Pulaski was/is the best MS in the state no matter the division.
Warrior Grandpa Wrote:Not saying anything against Belfry but the question was "Who was the best we had faced". So not having faced Belfry this warrior would say Northern #1,Knox#2a,and Bell#2b with Farnsley next. Belfry would fit right in with any of these good teams though.

I think you have it about right. I'd put Bell, Knox, Farnsley, Johnson, Butler and Belfry on about the same level. Any one could be #3 on any given day, but the gap between these teams and #2 North Pulaski is pretty wide in my opinion. Based on what South did to North on the field, I'd say South is in a class by themselves and by far the best team in the sate.
I know everyone has their own opinion, but after watching this season play out I would rank the top 5 teams from all divisions 1-Southern, 2-Northern, 3-Belfry, 4-Corbin, and 5-Bell/Knox
Was pike central belfry's closest game?
I think we have 2 two teams in our county that i would put before Corbin. Both of them played us close but really wasnt a game. Our kids just came to life after the seeding came out. Kind of like they had a chip on their shoulders. But we are proud to be mentioned in this list.
Toughest opponent Northern, then Knox @ Knox, Then Bell Co... You can't always go by our final scores cause once we got up big our coaches would play 2nd string players to get them experience and to try not to run the score up too bad.
Pages: 1 2