Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: doughdaddy out
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
my son will be taking his talents on to high school now like normal kids do..
DOUGHDADDY Wrote:my son will be taking his talents on to high school now like normal kids do..

How old is he and when is his birthday?We might hold him back in Eastern Ky. You can move now and the Khsaa does not get involved,but if you wait till you enroll in high school, It get more complicated but we probably know someone.
LOL
Doughdaddy lets hear about those 24 points you would take any day in southern vs Farnsley game? Could have took 26 and still wouldn't have been safe.
He meant to say 24 hold backs, or a few players that are 24. Lol.
DD,congrats to Farnsley on a great season. I truly hope you and your son achieve all that hard work and talent will allow in future seasons. Praying for nothing but sucsess for all who have played this great game but in the end it is still just a game. Do you have an idea which high school your son will attend?
warrior grandpa Wrote:dd,congrats to farnsley on a great season. I truly hope you and your son achieve all that hard work and talent will allow in future seasons. Praying for nothing but sucsess for all who have played this great game but in the end it is still just a game. Do you have an idea which high school your son will attend?

pleasure ridge park high school and thanks for the kind words.. I'm not wanting to debate hold backs i would hold mine back if it was allowed in jefferson county ..but you must admit it certainly gives the schools that allow it a huge advantage over schools that do not.. Some how, some way, kmsfa must level the field for all.. If it would be a seperate division for schools who allow it or something.. But it is no longer a concern of mine, as i said i'm out.. The next time we see mr fanin and friends we will have a more even field it all evens out in high school.. No knock to floyd i'm positive if he were playing high school ball he would still be a factor ..i know the child and he is an excellent ball player and seems to be a good kid.. All the best wishes to the guys from southern .. Heck of a team
DOUGHDADDY Wrote:pleasure ridge park high school and thanks for the kind words.. I'm not wanting to debate hold backs i would hold mine back if it was allowed in jefferson county ..but you must admit it certainly gives the schools that allow it a huge advantage over schools that do not.. Some how, some way, kmsfa must level the field for all.. If it would be a seperate division for schools who allow it or something.. But it is no longer a concern of mine, as i said i'm out.. The next time we see mr fanin and friends we will have a more even field it all evens out in high school.. No knock to floyd i'm positive if he were playing high school ball he would still be a factor ..i know the child and he is an excellent ball player and seems to be a good kid.. All the best wishes to the guys from southern .. Heck of a team

Congrats on another great year for Farnsley. How does the process work in Jefferson County with choosing which high schools to attend? Is it a district issue? Just wondering how that works. I've talked to coaches up there where kid's from the same middle school team play for separate high schools.
wildcat18 Wrote:congrats on another great year for farnsley. How does the process work in jefferson county with choosing which high schools to attend? Is it a district issue? Just wondering how that works. I've talked to coaches up there where kid's from the same middle school team play for separate high schools.

you can apply to any school you choose but there is a selection process which i do not fully understand it is based on grades attendance etc. If you are not accepted into the school in which you have applied then you must attend your "home school" based on districts.. Farnsley is a magnet school attended by students from all over the county and by students whose home school is farnsley based on district.. So yes when going to high school they may be all split up into the 25 -30 high schools in jefferson county
DOUGHDADDY Wrote:you can apply to any school you choose but there is a selection process which i do not fully understand it is based on grades attendance etc. If you are not accepted into the school in which you have applied then you must attend your "home school" based on districts.. Farnsley is a magnet school attended by students from all over the county and by students whose home school is farnsley based on district.. So yes when going to high school they may be all split up into the 25 -30 high schools in jefferson county

So the schools get to choose which students attend and vice versa. In Jefferson County, you could have 10 of the best players in the city join on one team in high school. Do you think that's a level playing field? How is that different than your hold back theory at the middle school level? Our kids HAVE to go to certain high schools if they live in certain districts. We don't get to choose. I'm ok with it, I'd just like to see your point of view on that.
I don't want to sidetrack the thread but I'll answer the question about hs level playing field in Jefferson county. In hs football the big debate is over private/open enrollment vs public schools. In the question asked about what the 10 best players going to one school and that being fair. Trinity is what happens and you can ask the 6A teams how they feel about that. Past the teams in KY that are forced to play them and then Trinity has to play out of state teams.

Some areas have open enrollment which either allows students to attend schools they are not in the boundaries of but have to pay a few. In some cases like Kenton county they can pick from any of the hs and not have to pay. In other cases there is agreement the schools can take kids from different counties and not pay.

Beechwood and Highlands are two schools that have open enrollment. So when you look at hs football there are a number of teams that are good that either are privates or open enrollment. Trinity, St X, Central, Male, Lexington Catholic, Covington Catholic, Newport Central Catholic, Beechwood, Highlands, Bowling Green, Owensboro Catholic, Lexington Christian and there are others. Now there are many other factors that make those programs great but the ability to enroll students helps.

In ms football it is holdbacks that become the debate. In some cases you will see almost a 2 year age difference in 8th grade students as an example. The age issue evens out in hs but its tough in ms. I understand there are many reasons to holdback a kid and I understand why many do it. It does skew the playing field on the ms level.

So just like the private/open enrollment vs public is a heated debate that can skew the playing field on the hs level it is holdbacks that are the ms equivalent
wildcat18 Wrote:so the schools get to choose which students attend and vice versa. In jefferson county, you could have 10 of the best players in the city join on one team in high school. Do you think that's a level playing field? How is that different than your hold back theory at the middle school level? Our kids have to go to certain high schools if they live in certain districts. We don't get to choose. I'm ok with it, i'd just like to see your point of view on that.

all 10 may apply to one school but if they do not qualify to attend they will not be accepted.. Football does not drive the bus here as much as we wish it did, it does not.. I believe all the students from southern will all go to the same high school as will all of northern kids will go to another.. All belfry kids go to one school it is that way in a lot of counties i'm originaly from marion county all students from marion go to one school the difference in hold backs is in a horomone called testostorone or what is known as man strength vs. Juvenile strength.. This starts to kick in at this age 12-15 years old.. As i said before if i was allowed to hold mine back i would.. I have checked it out.. Without placing him in private schools and playing catholic school ball i have no option here.. All i'm saying is kymsfa needs to rethink the situation and again i'm not against hold backs.. I'm against the different rules that different school districts use ..i'm still looking for someone in pulaski county to temporally adopt my son one year commitment not asking too much.. It would do him a world of good.. Oh by the way good luck feeding him, very costly.. I am not speaking from a sour grapes point of view.. We were beaten by a solid team that left it all on the field.. You can tell they are well coached, very disiplined, and all around solid team.. But they do have an advantage over districts which do not allow the practice.
centralky Wrote:doughdaddy lets hear about those 24 points you would take any day in southern vs farnsley game? Could have took 26 and still wouldn't have been safe.

could have lost the farm on that for sure.. I wasn't expecting that kind of whupping.. I feel pretty good though for a school that has only been playing football for three years we do all right.. Every year we have had a team we have been at least to final four and have never been beaten by anyone without pulaski in there name and knowing pulaski countys love for there middle school ball i'll take that
insideinfo Wrote:how old is he and when is his birthday?we might hold him back in eastern ky. You can move now and the khsaa does not get involved,but if you wait till you enroll in high school, it get more complicated but we probably know someone.
Lol

13 years old march 10 " who do you know ? "
DOUGHDADDY Wrote:13 years old march 10 " who do you know ? "
We can hold him back one year if his birthday had been after aug 1st we could have held him back two years.If you would look at the High School Basketball Forum. Kasongo to Pikeville and Perry Co. Central thread,if we can get these kids eligible we can get anybody eligible.
[quote=DOUGHDADDY]could have lost the farm on that for sure.. I wasn't expecting that kind of whupping.. I feel pretty good though for a school that has only been playing football for three years we do all right.. Every year we have had a team we have been at least to final four and have never been beaten by anyone without pulaski in there name and knowing pulaski countys love for there middle school ball i'll take that[[/I]/QUOTE]

Now wayne county too.
DOUGHDADDY Wrote:all 10 may apply to one school but if they do not qualify to attend they will not be accepted.. Football does not drive the bus here as much as we wish it did, it does not.. I believe all the students from southern will all go to the same high school as will all of northern kids will go to another.. All belfry kids go to one school it is that way in a lot of counties i'm originaly from marion county all students from marion go to one school the difference in hold backs is in a horomone called testostorone or what is known as man strength vs. Juvenile strength.. This starts to kick in at this age 12-15 years old.. As i said before if i was allowed to hold mine back i would.. I have checked it out.. Without placing him in private schools and playing catholic school ball i have no option here.. All i'm saying is kymsfa needs to rethink the situation and again i'm not against hold backs.. I'm against the different rules that different school districts use ..i'm still looking for someone in pulaski county to temporally adopt my son one year commitment not asking too much.. It would do him a world of good.. Oh by the way good luck feeding him, very costly.. I am not speaking from a sour grapes point of view.. We were beaten by a solid team that left it all on the field.. You can tell they are well coached, very disiplined, and all around solid team.. But they do have an advantage over districts which do not allow the practice.

That's understandable. The KYMSFA doesn't need to get involved with that. It's a school issue that needs to be fixed state wide. It should be allowed for all because it is a parent/child issue, not a teacher/principal issue. Not allowing it is what truly holds kids back from the opportunity for greater success. This is nothing a stern parent with a good lawyer can't fix. School officials can and will buck to you, but they will not buck on the legal system. I understand you like the hold back idea. I just wanted you to see (what is the norm for us on holding back) that this is really not much different than the advantage you all get in high school with recruiting if you will. Testosterone is not a legit reason because you can't time it up and make all children hit puberty at the age of 12 or at the age of 15. Some hit early and others hit later. We have a legit 12 year old 7th grader who is around 6'-2" & 245 lbs who (within the dates and rules) could hold back twice if he wanted to, but will not. Some people just develop earlier than others. It's not because their parents held them back 10 times (which is a myth by the way LOL - no one realistically holds back more than once). Just think outside the box. The advantages our teams apparently flip flop when high school comes around.
Schools can't recruit. They can put a attractive product out on the field but by khsaa rules no recruiting. Honestly the top programs in Louisville don't need to. Central, Trinity, St X and Male are attractive on their own.
Cardfan1 Wrote:[quote=DOUGHDADDY]could have lost the farm on that for sure.. I wasn't expecting that kind of whupping.. I feel pretty good though for a school that has only been playing football for three years we do all right.. Every year we have had a team we have been at least to final four and have never been beaten by anyone without pulaski in there name and knowing pulaski countys love for there middle school ball i'll take that[[/I]/QUOTE]

Now wayne county too.

that was jv not varsity but yes you are correct nice team