Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Butler Co. Middle vs Raceland
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Butler Co. Middle vs Raceland
Any thoughts about these two team , both look big
According to Butler County fans, they could beat most high school teams. They seem to forget about the 2 larger divisions in the 8th grade. Good luck to Raceland.
Hope we can just stay on the field with them!!
football 105 Wrote:Hope we can just stay on the field with them!!

The key for Butler is the QB, stop him and they are beatable. So far only Mayfield has been able to challenge them and Butler won 8-0. None of their other games have been close
I'm going with Raceland, I hope they bring home the championshiop and kick Fairview's butts
Butler Co up 28-8 at half .
Any updates?
Final was 44-8 Butler Co
Thanks Centralky
Turns out that Raceland out matched by a mile. Congrats Butler, was glad to see you guys win it being from our region. Looking back, the Mayfield game was the match up of the best in D-3 and made me even prouder of our Cardinals
Congrats to Butler Co on their state championship. My son and I were watching and rooting for yall. At least one of our coaches was watching and rooting for yall as well. I'm glad yall did it. We had someone from east state that we hadn't played anyone this year and we were paper champions. I guess you all helped us in a way to prove that we were not weak like some were referring to us as. I cant imagine a 8th grd qb having over 300 total yards in a game. That was amazing. Be proud of this, these trophies are hard to win and this should be remembered.
Mayfield Cardinal, wanted you to know; taking nothing away from Lex. Christian Academy or Raceland. Mayfield, you had more team speed than both; you played better defense than both. Thanks for your support and kind words; Raceland was big, strong, much bigger than Bears; but the pass defense let them down, and turnovers fumbles killed Raceland.
Mysonis55,

Thanks again for the support and as I told Mayfield Cardinal, you might have read the post; if we'd been in opposite sides of bracket; Mayfield/BC could have been the title game. Thanks for your support.
Congratulations to Butler Co. Very good team!
thank you; your kids played a great game; turnovers were the difference and field position. Both teams excellent.
Congrats, to both teams, you just don't get this far without being a good team. Great win for the Bears.
Warrior Grandpa,
Agreed, both teams excellent. Was curious it's so hard to find scores we'er all so spread out acrosss the state. What was Raceland's overall final record? I'd think I saw on one post where a 23 game winning streak, again just wondering? Thanks.
That was posted earlier, but someone i believe called them on it..???
Warrior Grandpa Wrote:That was posted earlier, but someone i believe called them on it..???

I was the one called on!
The call was wrong.
Yes Paintsville did beat the Rams last year.
No it wasn't our team.
It was last year's 8th grade team.
I believe Paintsville combines their two classes.
We don't. But we did have four of our then 7th graders on the 8th grade so they had enough numbers to compete as a 8th grade team. Our team was of course seventh grade last year. And went undefeated.
Just want to let everyone know.
We (Raceland) have a very good team.
But Butlar Co is a better team. Couldn't match up with the tall receivers. They are the best we have seen. IMO
Butler was a really good team congrats. On a good win the quarterback is very good and so was their recivers and looked like to me and my friends they realized that tney wouldnt be able to run on Raceland because of their linebackers but found a weakness which was Racelands corner backs and safties . I do agree Butler co. Recievers were taller but that had nothing to do with the reason they were always wide open for some reason the saftey abd corners kept letting the recievers behind them . Congrats to Raceland on a very good year . Find some d backs and safeties and you will win
It will be fun to watch these Butler kids as they move into the HS ranks where they should bring alot of sucess to Butler High
Football 105,

Thanks for the message; Raceland was by far the biggest team we faced in both Line and RB's; all year; watching you on Sat. we were very concerned if we could keep #30 & #40 in check on Sunday; very strong running backs and line. Our kids have played defense all year; but not like Sunday. Defensively there best game, and came at the right time.
Congrats on the win. I told my son and several other people prior to our game last week, that whoever won that game would most likely win state. Before we got into the tournament, I was certain there couldn't be another 1a team out there that could keep pace with what we had. I really believe the game between Mayfield & Butler was the best middle school football game that I ever watched. Neither team was going to give up. I really thought we were about to go into that overtime thing from the 10 yard line. I bet between the two teams we didn't have much over 200 yds total offense. As the rest of the state now knows, that wasnt because of lack of speed either. I saw that great 91 yd run by your qb yest as well. I knew just as soon as he reversed the field on them that he was gone.
Mysonis55,

You are so right, I think almost everyone at Hopkinsville that day felt the BC-Mayfield game was headed for OT. #12 is special for sure; he had a remarkable two days of football in Lexington. For most of the year he had used his arm; his legs did alot of the work this weekend.
Butler is a great team