Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: BELFRY 8th GRADE
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Belfry has only allows 3 total scores through out this tournament. Can this MACHINE BE STOPPED!!!
Belfry 51. TT Knight 14. Wasn't even close. Total domination by the Pirates.
I called this one.
Congrats Belfry! Great job!
From Raceland
way to go boys, WHOS next,LOL
CAL is next. I expect the championship game to be a closer Game but I will take Belfry by a couple touchdowns in this one as well.
They should have never got on the board in this game they only got inside the 40 yd line 2 times the whole night and the first score was a fluke pass that was tipped by three belfry players and landed on a TT Knight player for a TD and the second score was with 3 mins left against B-C team.
I did figure out last night why they have these teams broken up into Divisions and not by class because after watching this game it was easy to see that TT Knight has no Class.....Everything from the Coach leading team chants during our cheerleaders being judged to the swearing , spiting , late hits ,kicking , stomping etc,etc,etc...the refs allowed this to get out of hand and for that they should be put under review...What we all need to remember is yes it is football but these are childern on this field and when you allow this type of behavior you are taking a big chance with a childs health....And that is not acceptable ...A big congrats to belfry for taking out the trash!!
We have always praised our opponets and their fans but there will be no praise here ..
All that the ihigh.com sportscasters could talk about was how big Belfry was. They even made comment that there is nothing to do there but work and play football. I don't know their reasoning but Your team looked impressive last night
I was at the game yesterday, and I do not think what you said about Knight was a fair assessment. First off, there were late hits done both ways, that is why #62 got ejected for Belfry, and later Knight headcoach voted NOT to have him suspended for the championship game (trash coach right?).

During the storm, myself and other attendees heard Belfry kids (maybe bench players, but point still remains) yelling at Knight players that they were gonna hurt them.

During the rainstorm as well, some of us were in the gym trying to stay dry, and the cheerleaders for Belfry showed up and took over the gym chanting for their fans. That is disrespectful towards the other players in the gym prepping for the remainder of their game (there was another team there that played after Knight/Belfry game in there too). It got so loud it turned into a pep rally for Belfry, instead of a quiet "locker room" setting for the players.

So GoBigRed66, I can tell by your screename that whatever your saying is tilted with a bias towards your team. I understand having a bias but when you are labeling people as "trash" its important to see both sides before making a blanket statement.

Lastly, after the game ended, Knight lined up at the 50 to shake hands with Belfry, but Belfry ran down to the trophy presentation. Was that intentional or is that the norm after these kind of games? I dont know, just going by what I saw. Later Knight walked over to Belfry to congratulate them for their victory. Once again, be careful making blanket statements.
Good Luck today from Johnson County.

Bring home another Middle School State Title to the mountains!!
I guess Belfry should be beating other 8th grade teams! Why should they get beat when they have a starting line up of hold-back players that feasibly could be dressing out for their high school team!
Gatti-Ward Wrote:I guess Belfry should be beating other 8th grade teams! Why should they get beat when they have a starting line up of hold-back players that feasibly could be dressing out for their high school team!
I guess what we have here is a sore loser. I happen to have family and friends on this team there may be 5 or 6 holdbacks. You obviously do not know what you are talking about. Some of these other teams have double holdbacks. So please just be quite!!!!
21-0 Belfry in the first
Looks like Belfrys biggest test was in the first round of the playoffs.
First time i got to see this belfry team in person ...wow ...nuf said... They travel better than anyone in the game must of had 200 or more fans make the trip... I was very impressed... May be in a lower division but they are first class all the way
Belfry 38

CAL 0

Halftime score
Belfry middle school is showing them what mountain football is all about!!!!! Go pirates!!!!!!
skully03 Wrote:I guess what we have here is a sore loser. I happen to have family and friends on this team there may be 5 or 6 holdbacks. You obviously do not know what you are talking about. Some of these other teams have double holdbacks. So please just be quite!!!!

I do know what I am talking about. I am not speaking from a "sore loser" perspective. Our team opted to not play in the playoffs at all. Hold backs are hold backs and "only 5 or 6" is a travesty and a danger when those holdbacks are playing true 8th graders! Next time you want to fire back at me get your facts straight and learn how to use your words appropriately. It is quiet not quite.
Gatti-Ward Wrote:I do know what I am talking about. I am not speaking from a "sore loser" perspective. Our team opted to not play in the playoffs at all. Hold backs are hold backs and "only 5 or 6" is a travesty and a danger when those holdbacks are playing true 8th graders! Next time you want to fire back at me get your facts straight and learn how to use your words appropriately. It is quiet not quite.

I am not from Belfry, but my son has played in middle school for a the last couple of years. Hold backs are a reality in middle school like it or not. Please don't down play what these kids from Belfry accomplished. You are kidding your self if you think the Belfry kids didn't play against other holds backs all weekend or all year for that matter. Congratulations to the young Pirates from Johnson County. Way to make the mountains proud!
skully03 Wrote:Belfry has only allows 3 total scores through out this tournament. Can this MACHINE BE STOPPED!!!

Only one has been scored on the varsity and it was a fluke
Congratulations Belfry on a great win and bringing the trophy back to the mountains! Note to the KYMSFA 8 seed come on! These guys were great!
Gatti-Ward Wrote:I guess Belfry should be beating other 8th grade teams! Why should they get beat when they have a starting line up of hold-back players that feasibly could be dressing out for their high school team!
my child and the starting o-line and d-line is 13the yrs old.So what kind of person would say crap like that to take the glory away from what they have accomplished?
Congrat's Belfry Middle School! Great season!TongueirateSho
I had the pleasure of meeting several Belfry dads and fans today during the KY team try out. The accomplishments of this group of kids is so impressive. Belfry KY is a small town with old school football pride that is envy worthy. I enjoyed talking to these fellows and want to pass on huge congrats to them and the team for what they did this year. Keep up the great work!!
Congrats, Belfry. 8th seed means nothing when you bring the trophy back to your school, does it? You guys have earned respect and that's the best kind to have.
Please see below.
Please see below.
Please see below.
There is no need for this type of language on a middle school football thread.

Tone it down. And this goes for everyone. Tensions can run high this time of year, but there will be several middle school aged students, and younger reading this.

If you have any questions, please feel free to P.M. a mod and please check the rules. While we are pretty leniant on language here at BGR, being inconsiderate to others is something we will not tolerate.

Thanks again...
Pages: 1 2