Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Replacement Refs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Franklin Simpson 7th grade had one of the worst calls go against them that even the bowling green fans knew we got hosed on the call!! Score was 24 - 20 bg ahead fs onside kicks and ball comes up and hits bg player in face ask and fs falls on it then line judge throws flag and says fs touched it before 10 yards. Well news flash to the line judge, it doesn't have to be 10 yards if they touch it first!!!!! Worst call I have ever seen and bg fans were even saying it was terrible call! Not taking anything away from bg they played a great game and did what they had to do to win which is what good teams do but momentum was on fs side after just scoring to be down by 4 and then have that happen was just plain pitiful!!
I hate it when teams let it come down to one play and put it in the hands of "replacement refs". Do your job the WHOLE game, and you won't put yourself in that position. Now, let's hear about all the missed assignments, poor execution and missed tackles that led to the poor call that DECIDED the game......................:Shaking:
As I stated in post BG is a great team and did what they had to do to win and wish them luck in winning state! Momentum is a big part of football and if you don't understand that then u dont understand the game! Good luck to your team if they are still playing!
^ I understand momentum as much as anyone. I also believe that we are responsible for creating and maintaining momentum. As much as many would like to believe, Big Mo is something that comes from sustaining, not losing on a single play. Just as we build long drives, we plan for single losses and coach past a "Bad Play"! If a game came down to a single play, then there would be no need for playing four quarters. I can name ALL the plays that our team either overcomes or creates, and I can honestly say that there has never been one play that either cost, or game our team a win!
All you can ask is that the refs participate with the same interest and enthusiasm as the kids. In this game they did not. They nodded off. A play was executed perfectly which would have given FS a chance to beat a great BG team. The blunder took away that possibility.
Exactly! I never said it cost us the game but they did what they needed to do to give themselves a chance late in the 4th quarter and executed the onside kick then have that call made killed the FS momentum! You don't get many chances against great teams like Bg and it deflated the boys spirit! Like I said even Bg fans said it was a horrible call and there is no love lost between Fs and bg!! Good luck to Fs 8th in d2 and Bg 7th and 8th d1 Bring the all the titles home to region 1!!!!