Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Belfry 29 Corbin 0 Region 4 final D2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final
To much for Corbin...never could adjust to the Belfry BAM!!!...on to next week...way to go BELFRY!!!
I love it how no one gives our Baby Bucs a chance.....Way to go Pirates!
So proud of our pirates..our defense showed what has bought them so far..another great team has been held score less.
I guess the KMSFA may be rethinking their 8 seed ranking they gave Belfry Middles School. I just love hearing how they shutout team after team. Way to play ball YOUNG BUCS. Keep it up and Good luck next week
Congrats Belfry from Greenup.
Coupon21 Wrote:Congrats Belfry from Greenup.

Thanks you guys where the best team we have faced so far..hope we can get a game next year in the regular season..
Congrats to the Pirates.
Congrats Belfry! Got to see your team at Greenup Co. Very impressive. Good luck in the Final Four!
Congrats Pirates!! Great game to watch. Love watching you all play. Future looks bright for the Pirates.
Great win for the PIRATES, beat a really strong Corbin team,but I think everone kinda took Belfry to lite,these kids will hit you and hit you really hard,if you dont believe me just ask some of the teams they have played
WILD WILLIE Wrote:Great win for the PIRATES, beat a really strong Corbin team,but I think everone kinda took Belfry to lite,these kids will hit you and hit you really hard,if you dont believe me just ask some of the teams they have played

Willie that is one thing these boys can do and do good i love it.
After knocking off the number 1,2 and 3 seeds from region 4, i think its time to give the pirates a little credit. Size, speed and heart will take you a long way. Hope they can pull it off from the 8 seed.
Congrats! Good luck the rest of way!
Very VERY impressive performance by the Pirates on BOTH sides of the ball today. O-line and D-line were vicious today dominating up front. The secondary did great stopping the pass and made some great tackles, and of course the offense executed wonderfully with some good 'ole Belfry smash mouth football. I'm so proud of these boys, and I know there are plenty more out there on Pond Creek who are as well. Roll on big red machine!!
We played Corbin this season. I thought they played tough. They were not a bad team.
With that though, I watched this game and Corbin could not get anything really going against Belfry.
Congrats to Belfry.

Good Luck Pirates... TongueirateSho

See you in Lexington!
GoBigRed66 Wrote:Thanks you guys where the best team we have faced so far..hope we can get a game next year in the regular season..
I said I thought the winner of GC/Belfry would be in the final 4. Its just a shame that game had to be played in the first round.
Warriors Alum Wrote:We played Corbin this season. I thought they played tough. They were not a bad team.
With that though, I watched this game and Corbin could not get anything really going against Belfry.
Congrats to Belfry.

Good Luck Pirates... TongueirateSho

See you in Lexington!

The Warrior-folk were super nice down there, glad to see you guys get that W. See you there.
Belfry plays TT Knight, so who plays in the other semi final game in Div. 2?
wow, with all the talk of Corbin beening so gr8,and then seeing this score,maybe they was a tad overrated, this may be one of the best overall 8th grades teams ever..
8 seed??? Think all the teams need a closer look and which regions they play. If you look at the division 1 bracket it was right on the money, four number 1 seeds. Maybe the other regions may have been overlooked and need more attention. For example I'm sure there could have been to certain brackets that only had 2 teams. If teams have to travel over 3 hours to play in a bracket from the south and east, the teams in the central part of the state could do the same. Just think this needs to be looked at.

Looks like Belfry is a beast, and very underrated! Congrats and good luck!
Corbin fans I know you know this but just to back up what I just said:
Corbin to Paintsville 129.74 miles
Corbin to Lexington 86.27 miles
Corbin to Louisville 162 miles
Corbin to Bowlin Green 158 Miles
Corbin to Belfry High School 151 miles
I just used this as an example. It cost a fortune for parents to travel this far also. Needs to be fixed, add more regions and place the teams in different regions where it doesn't cost $60 or $70 dollars to drive a car to a middle school football game. I am not from Corbin. If Johnson Co., Raceland, Belfry, and South Pulaski all win the titles in their respective divisions then I say align the divisions and let the some of the teams in region 4 meet in Lexington. Just my thoughts and I'm signing off until next year. Good luck to all teams.
Congrats to Belfry. Represent the East young men. Good luck.
in my honest opinion, corbin played the best ballgame defensively thean we have played all year well them and johnson central, but we are just conditioned to the maximum, i know myself as a player that we most definatley are ready to play TT knight
Belfry upsets everyone