Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Raceland 48 Meece 6
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Rams win in a blowout
My pick from the start. Congrats to the rams! Great team.
Really impressed with Raceland
Congrats Rams from GC, the two teams that we lost to this year (Raceland, Belfry) are in the final 4. Awesome job.
Raceland has a real good looking program..got to watch some of the game before ours started..a lot of talent on that team..good luck at state
This game started out a little shaky when we fumbled the opening drive on Meece's 22 and they returned it all the way for 6. But the boys regrouped and played an awesome game all around. Couldn't be more proud of this bunch! Thanks for all the kind words from other teams. Much appreciated.
Would like to see Raceland, North Pulaski, South Pulaski, and Belrfy play in a 4 team playoff. Wow! Congrats to all teams on a great season of football.
Congrats Rams, you guys sure do football good up there. Meece has a solid program but to win like that says the Ram program is damn strong. Good luck and keep winning.
Congrats Raceland, another great season for your team, Win it all!
RaiderFan7th Wrote:Would like to see Raceland, North Pulaski, South Pulaski, and Belrfy play in a 4 team playoff. Wow! Congrats to all teams on a great season of football.

I would like to see a tournament without the division Barrier just to see how everyone one would stack up.At least the winners from each division.
RaiderFan7th Wrote:Would like to see Raceland, North Pulaski, South Pulaski, and Belrfy play in a 4 team playoff. Wow! Congrats to all teams on a great season of football.

GoBigRed66 Wrote:I would like to see a tournament without the division Barrier just to see how everyone one would stack up.At least the winners from each division.

Raceland and Belfry are VERY GOOD teams, but simply put they are not in the same class as North or South. Of course this is just my opinion, but look at common opponents and you will see what I mean. However I like the attitude, you have to play good teams if you want to get better.
Iynalot Wrote:Raceland and Belfry are VERY GOOD teams, but simply put they are not in the same class as North or South. Of course this is just my opinion, but look at common opponents and you will see what I mean. However I like the attitude, you have to play good teams if you want to get better.

Raceland has played a few bigger schools.
Ashland 0. Raceland 39 away
Rowan Co. 0. Raceland 38. away
Mason Co. 8. Raceland 14. away
Greenup Co 14. Raceland 20 ot
East Carter 0. Raceland 38 away
football 105 Wrote:Raceland has played a few bigger schools.
Ashland 0. Raceland 39 away
Rowan Co. 0. Raceland 38. away
Mason Co. 8. Raceland 14. away
Greenup Co 14. Raceland 20 ot
East Carter 0. Raceland 38 away

That is exactly my point. I was using common opponents as a basis for my opinion and look what Belfry did to Greenup and Mason in the playoffs. Belfry and Raceland are very good teams and it is good we have the divisions so they get a chance to compete and show what they can do.
Raceland is a very good team , looks like these boys have had a good yr!
Iynalot Wrote:That is exactly my point. I was using common opponents as a basis for my opinion and look what Belfry did to Greenup and Mason in the playoffs. Belfry and Raceland are very good teams and it is good we have the divisions so they get a chance to compete and show what they can do.

Using common opponents is the only way to compare. But through my experience of trying to compare. It very seldom worked. Example, we beat Greenup Co last year by just one or two points. We had to play them again for the championship for some odd reason. I say that because we went undefeated last year and they had lost to us. But anyway we beat them the second time by about 30. This year I'M not for sure.. But didn't Ashland beat Belfry? Then Johnson Central beat Ashland! Then Belfry beat up on Johnson C.. What I'm trying to say is a lot comes down to weaknesses and strengths.
No doubt when it comes to football. Everybody in Kentucky respects Belfry. No matter what grade level.
Good luck in your upcoming game!!
Complete domination by the young Rams. I was very impressed with Raceland's team.
After that win vs Meece I'm going to bet the farm on Raceland. No disrespect to either Pulaski schools but it is Division 1 and Meece rolled through everybody till Raceland.
South Pulaski and North Pulaski would beat Raceland & Belfry by 4 scores if not more. That why you have different levels. Raceland would not be in the top 10 in D1 and Belry would be in a pack between 3 and 8 best teams in D1.
Ive seen all these teams play and your dead wrong, south may beat both Belfry and Raceland but it wouldn't be by very much, and to say Raceland wouldnt be in the top 10 in D1 is w
One of dumbest things ive heard. Belfry and Raceland both are top 5 teams in the state .
Eagle84 Wrote:South Pulaski and North Pulaski would beat Raceland & Belfry by 4 scores if not more. That why you have different levels. Raceland would not be in the top 10 in D1 and Belry would be in a pack between 3 and 8 best teams in D1.

I will strongly disagree with this statement.

I think a Raceland vs Southern or Belfry vs Southern game would be a dandy.
Eagle84 Wrote:South Pulaski and North Pulaski would beat Raceland & Belfry by 4 scores if not more. That why you have different levels. Raceland would not be in the top 10 in D1 and Belry would be in a pack between 3 and 8 best teams in D1.

I'm not saying the Raceland Rams would beat North or South Pulaski.
We will never know. But if you say the biggest school always wins. Your wrong!!
Almost every school we played this year was a lot bigger schools then us
I know that the kids would love to play N/S Pulaski. But why argue about something that isn't going to happen anyway All I can say is from Raceland to Mayfield. A lot of 1A schools play much bigger schools. And win win win!!!
Heck we may lose to a very very good Campbellsville team !!I
I can say our winning streak I believe stands at 23-0!!
Now when you get to the very elite like Trinity. A 6A school. Nobody in the state and most of the nation can beat them. Size does matter. But not always!!!!!
I don't know about 23-0. I watched Paintsville beat Raceland pretty good last year
football 105 Wrote:I'm not saying the Raceland Rams would beat North or South Pulaski.
We will never know. But if you say the biggest school always wins. Your wrong!!
Almost every school we played this year was a lot bigger schools then us
I know that the kids would love to play N/S Pulaski. But why argue about something that isn't going to happen anyway All I can say is from Raceland to Mayfield. A lot of 1A schools play much bigger schools. And win win win!!!
Heck we may lose to a very very good Campbellsville team !!I
I can say our winning streak I believe stands at 23-0!!
Now when you get to the very elite like Trinity. A 6A school. Nobody in the state and most of the nation can beat them. Size does matter. But not always!!!!!

You are exactly right, the biger schools don't always win. You are also exactly right a second time, it would be like a 1A or 2A school playing Trinity on the high school level.
plantmanky Wrote:I will strongly disagree with this statement.

I think a Raceland vs Southern or Belfry vs Southern game would be a dandy.

In my opinion Belfry's style would match up with South and keep the game close for a while, but I think South pulls away at the end of each half and wins by a little bigger margin than they did over North. Raceland has a very good team and should do well this weekend, they are my pick to win D3, but I just don't see them being able to avoid a running clock against a team like South.
football 105 Wrote:Using common opponents is the only way to compare. But through my experience of trying to compare. It very seldom worked. Example, we beat Greenup Co last year by just one or two points. We had to play them again for the championship for some odd reason. I say that because we went undefeated last year and they had lost to us. But anyway we beat them the second time by about 30. This year I'M not for sure.. But didn't Ashland beat Belfry? Then Johnson Central beat Ashland! Then Belfry beat up on Johnson C.. What I'm trying to say is a lot comes down to weaknesses and strengths.
No doubt when it comes to football. Everybody in Kentucky respects Belfry. No matter what grade level.
Good luck in your upcoming game!!

Belfry beat Ashland 49-0 and yes they also beat Johnson Central . I am no fool and know that Belfry and Raceland are not In the same class as north or south but I believe belfrys Defense would hold their own .
What is Raceland's overall record this year?
Raceland is 23-0 , their 8 th grade played paintsville last year these boys played s 7 th grade schedule and were undefeated. I did a little research. So yeah they are 23-0
GoBigRed66 Wrote:Belfry beat Ashland 49-0 and yes they also beat Johnson Central . I am no fool and know that Belfry and Raceland are not In the same class as north or south but I believe belfrys Defense would hold their own .

I agree, Belfry's D would match up well with South's O. I think that North's O is the one that would cause Belfry more trouble. On the offensive side I think it is just the opposite, good match up with the Northern defense and bad match up with the Southern D.
plantmanky
Cheerleader

You can disagree all you want but JCHS 8th played Belfry and N. Pulaski (twice) and I can tell you they are not on the same level. N. Pulaski would win by 4 TD or more and S. Pulaski is 2 to 3 TD better than North. I am not putting down Belfry because when we played them back in October I told everyone they would win the D2 Class. (Being seeded 8th was a joke)
Also, with the stacking of Region 4 I believe all 4 teams coming out of this region will win the state.
We can agree to disagree. But what was up stacking region 4 ? Seemed like to ne they put alto more talented teams in that region in all three division
Pages: 1 2