Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Northern Pulaski Vs Southern Pulaski
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Should be a great game, In my opinion the winner will win the state. Who wins this one and why.:1:
These are two juggernauts of Middle School Football. Great matchup of spread vs power run. Northern likes to spread you out and use lots of trap and counter plays to maximize their speed in the running game. They also throw the ball really well on short patterns. Southern on the other hand likes to overload and run power right at you. Both defenses are very good as well, Southern plays a more aggressive, down hill style and Northern with more of a responsibilty football approach. Southern beat them in the first game at Northern but this could be an advantage or disadvantage, depending on the mindset of both teams. Southern has had a target on their back since day one. They have all the pressure in the world on them to win out. Northern is a team with nothing to lose. With all that said I think Southern is overall a better team and wins this one in a barnburner.

Southern 32
Northern 28
RichBrooks Wrote:These are two juggernauts of Middle School Football. Great matchup of spread vs power run. Northern likes to spread you out and use lots of trap and counter plays to maximize their speed in the running game. They also throw the ball really well on short patterns. Southern on the other hand likes to overload and run power right at you. Both defenses are very good as well, Southern plays a more aggressive, down hill style and Northern with more of a responsibilty football approach. Southern beat them in the first game at Northern but this could be an advantage or disadvantage, depending on the mindset of both teams. Southern has had a target on their back since day one. They have all the pressure in the world on them to win out. Northern is a team with nothing to lose. With all that said I think Southern is overall a better team and wins this one in a barnburner.

Southern 32
Northern 28
Lots of good points although the one thing I would disagree on is that I think Northern has more talent across the board, with that being said, Northern has to beat southern first. The last 3 meetings Southern has played almost mistake free football while Northern has turned it over several times. If Northern takes care of the football and Southern finally gives one or 2 away i like Northern to win in a close one . It is a shame that these two cant meet in the State final.
I would probably agree that Northern has more talent across the board, but their system takes more talent to run as well. the spread is very tough to stop if you have the athletes to run it. The most important part of a spread offense is the oline. Northern has a very versatile line, lots of strong athletic kids. They do a lot of things with them that some high school linemen can't do. Since the game is played on turf northern will probably have a slight advantage. Just thinking about these two teams its hard to pick against either because there is so much talent on both teams. Southerns backfield with 21 and 40 is tough to match anywhere as far as physicality and speed, but northerns speed has to be second to no one. Going to be a great game, i hope no one gets injured and the officiating crew is a non factor. I believe as long as the winner comes out injury free they will win the title.
Both good teams. Battle of the holdbacks.
Good luck to both!! Both good coaches/men.
Bell Co. exposed a few weaknesses in Southern's defense Saturday in the second half. If the Northern coaches were there they probably saw and will take advantage of it too. If Bell Co. would have had a few more good athletes that game could have turned out differently, but they didn't! Southern is a good team, but I'll have to go with Northern to win this one because of their athletes across the board!!
I am calling North on this one. I watched the last time these two played and besides running the opening kickoff back for a TD, North outplayed them. If they can contain them between the tackles they win this one. I agree, this is the state championship game.
I dissagree... Southern can drive it on Northern. Northern is all about the big play, you stop that and there done. Southern has the advantage there. Northern kids know it different going across the middle vs. Southern.......
Southern has a very good OL DL. 21 very good back and 44 good strong runner. Southern weakness is everyone else like Bell showed the last game. Southern game is to get presure before you can get to the edges or quarterback gets time for a accurate pass. Bell showed if you can get to the secondary good things will happen.

Northern peaking at this time with a impressive win over JC. Southern took a step back with not so impressive defense against Bell that does not have near the weapons Northern has. Southern has threw a lot of picks this year and don't have a lot of options beside 21 and 44 running.

If this game has good weather and on turf big advantage Northern.

Northern by 2 TDs
Northern 22 Southern 20

Don't feel like either team will win by more then 6-7 points due to each side knowing each other so well. These kids know each other well as they have grew up playing against each other for several years. Going to be so hyped on both sides so it could come down to a silly error. Comes down to turnovers, whoever limits in the turnover department wins the game. Should be an exciting game with an enormous amount on the line.
Here is a video made for Northern Pulaski's pep rally this week. First few clips are Northern 7th Grade. Video is footage against two top 10 teams.

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/U1hlVgvEI6M" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Sorry I guess that didn't work. Here is the link to the video.
Good luck to both of you. Hopefully we TCB and see one of you in the semi's.
Looking forward to watching this game.
THOMCAT Wrote:Looking forward to watching this game.

Agreed, have to say (semi biases opinion here) that Region 4 has the best pool of games for the day.
nice video....but SMS will win this one 28-13.the last time they played SMS played their worst game dont look for that to happen this weekend. and i couldnt venture to say that NMS has more talent than SMS.
And the game against Bell SMS had 2 starting LBS out so not sure bout that weakness.
WarriorProud Wrote:nice video....but SMS will win this one 28-13.the last time they played SMS played their worst game dont look for that to happen this weekend. and i couldnt venture to say that NMS has more talent than SMS.
Northern Pulaski had three turnovers in that game-so I would venture to say that they did not play their best either.I don't think either team will win by more than one touchdown, but as time goes on I do believe that Northern has more talent across the board, not slighting Southern at all as they to have talent.
Well I have wotched these boys play each other for about 6 years, and its hard to say one team is more tallented than the other. They are both very evenly matched. And its always an exciting game. Could you imagine If Pulaski County only had one School .
I think its no question that Northern is a more talented team than southern. Northern gets more players involved in the offense. If Southern loses the right player they are sunk. Where Northern has more players to interchange. One person out should not destroy a talented team. Look at the number of carriers for one player for southern compared to the rest of the team. Southern is a very good team but its really one player and good blocking.
kyfun Wrote:Southern is a very good team but its really one player and good blocking.

not sure about that statement. very few teams around wouldn't like to have any of the running backs on this team

good blocking i agree with though
Go Northern Pulaski!:Cheerlead
I too agree with the good blocking statement but I am for sure a little bias.

I like our our multiple running backs as well.

I am pretty dang fond of the entire team!

GO WARRIORS! :Cheerlead :Cheerlead :Cheerlead
Hopefully one of you all going to the game can post updates for the rest of us less fortunate fans of middle school football. Johnson Co is jus too far to travel. Anyone know if it will be on ihigh?
The first game was broadcast live on http://mvpsportschannel.com. Don't know if they are doing this one or not.
RichBrooks Wrote:Hopefully one of you all going to the game can post updates for the rest of us less fortunate fans of middle school football. Johnson Co is jus too far to travel. Anyone know if it will be on ihigh?

I will post updates ....Should be a great game... Confusedinglepar
Safe trip for all the fans traveling to JC today and across the state to support your favorite team. Hoping all the games are great and the main thing the kids all come out of the games safe, NO INJURIES. Good Luck to all....
22 Southern
6 Northern
Wow! Future 2012 8th grade State Champions.... Really? Hope YouTube has rings for that!
Southern just showed its Dominance over Northern once again. Just never understood how someone that watched the previous games thought Southern would be the dog...Northern has some good athletes, but so does Southern. Northern just couldn't run the ball against a Superior defensive front...But one thing is a Fact, Northern makes the BEST motivational videos. We Southsiders thank you for this.