Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Alright Girls, I got to let you know....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I love you all.... Smile

You all put alot of time and stuff into cheering, I think it's impressive....
Are you kidding me?

Freak, you need to come to NKY/Cincy and go out with me one night, i'll show you how you don't need to try so hard on the internet man.
hahahah.. i love this guy lol
98NCCalum Wrote:Are you kidding me?

Freak, you need to come to NKY/Cincy and go out with me one night, i'll show you how you don't need to try so hard on the internet man.

Calm down 98, it's a joke, you should know me by now.... Smile

NKY is too metropolitan for me, I got lost in Newport last year (long story). Newport is about 15 times harder to drive in than Lexington, I'd lose my meal on a one way street....

Plus, I dont think Andrea or Amy would like me snooping around NKY either... Smile

In all seriousness, cheerleading is a year round deal, and it takes alot of effort. I know some of the girls I graduated with last year took it very very seriously, and rightfully so. There is much more that goes on besides standing around at a basketball game, stuff I didn't know about till a couple years ago...
crazytaxidriver Wrote:hahahah.. i love this guy lol
lol....he's something else
[

In all seriousness, cheerleading is a year round deal, and it takes alot of effort. I know some of the girls I graduated with last year took it very very seriously, and rightfully so. There is much more that goes on besides standing around at a basketball game, stuff I didn't know about till a couple years ago...[/QUOTE]

He is right, it is a year around sport, and most cheerleaders are involved in more than one sport or activity. So it is very hard to keep up the required grades and everything else going on in thier lives! Go cheerleaders, keep up the good work!:1:
I agree with completly cheering is alot more than most people realize. They practice all summer. We didn't have a cheerleader on our squad that didn't have honor roll grades and there were only a few that didn' have a 4.0 so for all the work they do with practice I think that is pretty impressive. They have 2 hour practice almost every and like you said most of them are involved in other sports. I really don't think that most people don't realize how much work these girls put into their routines. I think every cheerleader deserves to be reconized for the hard work they put into what they do. They all deserve it. Go all cheerleaders of all schools you guys rock!!!!!:Thumbs:
Way to go BayPC Cheerbabe i agree way to go girls......all cheerleaders are role models and are setting a wonderful example for the twinkles of today and the cheerleaders of tomorrow hip hip horay..great job
Tumbling-King Wrote:all cheerleaders are role models and are setting a wonderful example for the twinkles of today and the cheerleaders of tomorrow
I agree all cheerleaders are looked at as role models. BUT, sadly all aren't "setting a wonderful example".Sad
fox sports Wrote:I agree all cheerleaders are looked at as role models. BUT, sadly all aren't "setting a wonderful example".Sad

SAD but TRUE! No One wants to fix the problems, they seemed to just looked over! wouldn't want to piss anyone off!
This was such a positive post!!! LOLOL... BUT... I have to tell ya all... "back in the day" (teehee) when I cheered we were disciplined!!! We ran laps for mistakes, got demerits for certain things that were gone over and over with us NOT to do, and misconduct with a boy in public.... OMG.... that was dismissal from the squad!!! To top this off.... ALL the parents agreed with the stipulations!!! How often are you gonna find that now??? My personal belief is to get respect you earn it.......GO CHEERLEADERS!!!! (all of em') Big Grin
I did not realize until this year how much effort and time these girls put into cheerleading. After watching North Laurel Middle School condition this summer, I realize why they have won the state so many times and finished 4th in the nation last year.

Many of these girls are in better shape than many of the student athletes in other sports. They flat work their tails off and deserve all the kudos they can get!

:thumpsup:
Cheerleaders are kids...and just like any other kid...they are going to make mistakes...and mistakes are handled according to both school and coach's policy...they problems with today's kids go much deeper than being held accountable by your coach...it starts at home...seems like these days the coaches are not only supposed to be coaches...but also mommy and daddy..I think the parents need to take more responsibility for their kid's actions...both in and out of school ..or at a school function...the coach can only do so much...and the coach can't watch them 24 hours a day...most of the time if a kid gets in trouble at school...the parents are like "my baby wouldn't do that,someone is lying on them" instead of the old days where you got in trouble at school..you got in DOUBLE TROUBLE at home..
-nljagsfan22, North Laurel has such a great cheer squad! They are really awesome.
:blondeche
crazytaxidriver Wrote:hahahah.. i love this guy lol

haha

But you girls do work hard. Good job.