Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Yatesville Lake
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am from Lawrence County and I live about 5 min from Yatesville lake. I was wandering if any of you have ever been and what you think about it.
I think its a great lake that has the potential to hold/ produce very nice largemouth, but unfortunately gets over-fished by people conducting tournaments 4 days a week. The weekend fisherman doesnt have a chance...
Iv not fished it this year but have caught alot of crappie there in the past also some nice catfish good lake for those fish
Now, that is true, a man can catch a fair share of crappie and catfish. I was just referring to largemouth.
Yatesville is just about fished out when it comes to Large Mouth or Small Mouth...better head a little south to Dale Hollow...went there couple weeks back...still catching em'
Seen two around 10lbs weighed in this year..lake is doing great and as for small mouth doubt you will catch one there.
Done well there nearly every trip I have went. As somebody said above, it does get pressured alot. Alot of locals fish tourneys there thurs, frid, sat (Morn and Eve) this time of year. But it does hold quality LM. You just have to try to be a little different than the average angler and throw something different.