Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Mayfield Middle on to round 3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Well the cards are on to the third round, after a hard fought game against the previously undefeated Caldwell County Tigers. The score does not indicate how tough the Caldwell Tigers were in this game. A big shout out to them, they were tough. The two backs for the Tigers ran really hard and were fast.

Mayfield 30
Caldwell Co 6 final
When and where will they play Butler County? I know they havent won yet but according to other sites they cant lose either. Is it at a nuetral site or them being #1 seed be at Butler?
74 to 12 in our first 2 playoff games and we actually live and play west of bowling green. Caldwell was the 2 seed and undefeated i really wanted a shot at butler we hear from them they are the best and Mayfield wants to beat the best.
We should be playing sat the 27th at 4p according to the brackets. I think it is at Butler Co if they win and at the lovely confines of War Memorial if we win. There were several people in the stands that were telling me that it would be at a neutral site though. I will let everyone know as soon as I know for sure. I will say this, they have been saying how big them boys from Butler Co are, the boys from Caldwell were very big as well. They got hit like the probably havent all year though. That big back of theirs was probably 5'10" and weighed at least 185. He left the game injured for a while and was never the same when he came back. I have said it all year, I think our boys are the hardest hitting team I have watched at least since Jonathan Jackson's bunch was in 8th grade.
Im sorry at War Memorial if Union County wins.
Who and where the next game will be at?
Butler won 50-14 and union scored 2 TD late Rex Henderson is best athlete in state and Blake graham best receiver in state he also runs well when in backfield the whole team very good I will take BC by 2TDs
Big blue what other sites are you talking about
And I will take Mayfield by 3 TD. Our boys r ready.
Sounds like two good teams will be playing, I hope lots of fans show up to watch both teams,
Packer11 Wrote:Butler won 50-14 and union scored 2 TD late Rex Henderson is best athlete in state and Blake graham best receiver in state he also runs well when in backfield the whole team very good I will take BC by 2TDs

We have two boys on our team Treyjon Bright and Trez Tyler. Bright is the son of Mike Bright 2 time 1st team all state and parade all american he has already been nominated to middle school all state based on the coaches who coached both, and Mike played in the mid 90s so there are plenty of coaches involved in the Mayfield system who did, the younger bright maybe better than the father. As for Trez Tyler who is just a 7th grader it is being said that the best comparison to him is Jonathan Jackson the getting ready to be named all state for the third time player for mayfield. trez could bench 185 as a 6th grader and the current players tell me he can bench 225 now. I have personally seen him do a standing backtuck in full football gear so til u see this kid i would say that few can match either of these kids as athletes i will not claim they are the best, as i have not seen every kid who tries to lay claim to that. It is foolish to claim that you know when it is not possible to know for sure. As for best receiver Lone Oak has a kid that has to be in the conversations. As for another great athlete at Mayfield Nick Workman is a powerful hitting linebacker that is one of the fastest on the team. Xavier Brown at defensive Tackle is another kid that when focused is almost unblockable. So as i understand Butler is great and they may very well beat us. It doesnt even matter that the other teams in ur area nicknamed them the bearded wonders cause the amount of holdbacks that they play we just have a just bring it on attitude about other teams probably one of the reasons Mayfield plays winning football from 3rd to 12 grade.
Packer11 Wrote:Butler won 50-14 and union scored 2 TD late Rex Henderson is best athlete in state and Blake graham best receiver in state he also runs well when in backfield the whole team very good I will take BC by 2TDs

Kentucky Preps has a Butler Couny Middle School thread. It has mostly turned into a big joke over there and people compaining about how many holdbacks they play. Some opposing fan bases nicknamed them the Bearded Wonders.
Red&Blk, you forgot to mention some others. Kincer Arnett and Kyle Hurt will hit anyone and make them think twice about touching the ball. The Butler Co team is going to be a tough challenge I am sure. I tell my son that is what Mayfield is all about. We are always under sized and always willing to take the challenge.
I really wish that someone on here would talk of the team as a team.
Don't get me wrong, but we play as a team is all I hear. So let's show that
To our boys. We have some great players, but without the rest of the
Team then where would we be. I love everyone of these boys rather they
Do good or make a mistake. If y'all want to boast that we are a great team
Then boast how they play as a team.
72 you cannot think as a mom. I don't think anyone was trying to slam a player or anything. The statements were just made about some players that stood out. Originally it was just one or two players, some of us have been reminding others that there are more than one or two out there. I think the mentions were because of other posts, which are talking about the best players around. Whether you or I agree with that or not it is still going to continue. There have been and always will be those mentions. For instance, we had three kids make all West Ky Team, not the whole team. But those three could not do anything without a line blocking for them. The other thing is that they seem to focus only on the offense. Our defense is by far our strongest point. I do not think the intention was to harm any of the kids, but I think it is good for some of our kids to be mentioned out there, even if it is only a few. The other boys that dont get that mention are just gonna have to accept that they are the hidden factors that make those boys what they are. We are always gonna have that, whether its in academics, atheletics or life, some get mentioned more than others. I guess that is enough psychology for now. We are going to have to play the game hard Sat to be in the game let alone win, so I will just be happy with a Win. I do not see this being a 21 point game.
mysonis55 Wrote:72 you cannot think as a mom. I don't think anyone was trying to slam a player or anything. The statements were just made about some players that stood out. Originally it was just one or two players, some of us have been reminding others that there are more than one or two out there. I think the mentions were because of other posts, which are talking about the best players around. Whether you or I agree with that or not it is still going to continue. There have been and always will be those mentions. For instance, we had three kids make all West Ky Team, not the whole team. But those three could not do anything without a line blocking for them. The other thing is that they seem to focus only on the offense. Our defense is by far our strongest point. I do not think the intention was to harm any of the kids, but I think it is good for some of our kids to be mentioned out there, even if it is only a few. The other boys that dont get that mention are just gonna have to accept that they are the hidden factors that make those boys what they are. We are always gonna have that, whether its in academics, atheletics or life, some get mentioned more than others. I guess that is enough psychology for now. We are going to have to play the game hard Sat to be in the game let alone win, so I will just be happy with a Win. I do not see this being a 21 point game.

I would never slight those kids and Mom i have seen ur son and he is a great lineman i know cause my big ol 7th grader went head to head in practice with him more than once my son is as big and strong as a 7th grader could be so i know how tough your boy can be. Just responding to a statement by a Butler County Fan with bringing up a few kids to counter act is ludicrous statement that somebody was the best athlete in the state. I know what kinda team we have and quite honestly there are so.many kids i could have listed but just let butler be surprised by how many athletes we have.
My son reads these posts too. I'm not talking out my butt here. I just thought that I would put out there that they R a team. I know you are always gonna talk about the best on a team. I do know that is how it goes mysonis55, and redandblack. I just tire of seeing all the time that it is about the best. I know my boy is good. He wants to get better. Like I said....our boys are a great team. and I know that several stand out.....lets just try to remember that these boys are very impressionable at this age....this is a point in their lives where they can get better or lose it completely. My oldest lost it after 8 th grade due to the name game. I tried to keep him going but he thinks it who you are, not that you can block all day and keep going.I want all these boys to succeed in whatever they do....and if I have to ruffle a few feathers then so be it. I will always talk about these boys as a team, and treat them as a team, and individuals....i just wanted to state that they have come a long way....and not just on the backs of other team mates. my son got hurt the last game but wouldnt come out...he said my Team needs me....that makes a mom proud....so i can think as a mom, but i do know my football. you dont have to mention my boys name on here, that is not what im stating. I'm just stating that they ARE A TEAM.
72, I will try to put this another way. This is not a slap on the team conscept, it is just the way people watch the game. For instance, back in the 90's the best team in the NFL by far was my Cowboys. They had the best OL the best DL, the best TE, The best LB's and so on. That is not what got mentioned. What got mentioned was the trio as they were referred to. This would be Emmitt Smith (rb), Michael Irvin (wr) and Troy Aikman (qb). I did not take that as a knock on the other guys and they didn't either. They are what you call roll players. They never get mentioned. What did happen is they got 3 Super Bowl rings, alot of money and alot of notice every week on television. Think about it this way, how many times have you ever seen anyone set down to watch a football game and all they did is watch the linemen to see how they are blocking. Unless you are a coach, that never happens. It is a necessary part that is very much over looked. What everyone wants to see is the big play receivers, rb's or the qb scrabbling and throwing. Be careful about ruffling feathers, because we do need team unity out there and that is not the way to get it. If there is a concern about kids reading this, then don't allow it. Just try to tell your boy, who I have known since he was a little one, to hang in there and just remember he is a part of the engine that makes the wheels on that bus turn. Be pleased with the fact that the job he is doing is causing his bus to be the sharpest one out there.
Well said #55, there is no I in team but the I's will always get all the mention. Your son and MOM#72 both have players who fall into this category and both do a great job.
CardinalMOM#72 Wrote:My son reads these posts too. I'm not talking out my butt here. I just thought that I would put out there that they R a team. I know you are always gonna talk about the best on a team. I do know that is how it goes mysonis55, and redandblack. I just tire of seeing all the time that it is about the best. I know my boy is good. He wants to get better. Like I said....our boys are a great team. and I know that several stand out.....lets just try to remember that these boys are very impressionable at this age....this is a point in their lives where they can get better or lose it completely. My oldest lost it after 8 th grade due to the name game. I tried to keep him going but he thinks it who you are, not that you can block all day and keep going.I want all these boys to succeed in whatever they do....and if I have to ruffle a few feathers then so be it. I will always talk about these boys as a team, and treat them as a team, and individuals....i just wanted to state that they have come a long way....and not just on the backs of other team mates. my son got hurt the last game but wouldnt come out...he said my Team needs me....that makes a mom proud....so i can think as a mom, but i do know my football. you dont have to mention my boys name on here, that is not what im stating. I'm just stating that they ARE A TEAM.

You must be a great mom and your concern that he or other players not get the wrong impression about the Team Concept is very valid. However in sports you are never going to escape the fact that some kids are going to be singled out. When my son was 3rd grade his team was undefeated and were central ky peewee champions. At one of our last practices a man was puttinh together an all star team to compete with an allstar team from TN. He selected 3 kids off of our team. It happens in Baseball Basketball and soccer. So these kids should be very used to some kids being singled out they have been around it since 1st or 2nd grade. The fact that some teammates make allstar teams or are brought up on a message board is a source of team pride. Do you think that Anthony Davis winning every individual accolade in college basketball did not diminish the national championship that they won as a team those kids were proud of both their teammate and their championship. If your son reads these message boards i hope he does so with caution cause there are some very cruel people on here who not only have no problem bashing a team they also have no problem bashing an individual player. You are right being a team is the absolute key to success in sports and football in particular where so many moving parts have to work in unity but individual accolades are part of being on a team as well everything from game MVP to allstate teams.
Wow. Thought I would actually get some intelligent conversation
But basically a woman and mother cannot voice her
Opinions. So be it. Y'all have fun with all that smack. Lol
Just remember that when the show is on the other foot.
Ok really wasnt trying to offend you. I believe you made a good point but honestly just like you have a right to your opinion others have a right to theirs. I am sorry if my personal opinion bothered you and I hope your son as well as all the boys have a great game against butler.
Red thank you for the apology. I wasn't trying to
Start anything just trying to make a point. I just don't like being
Talked to like I don't know anything cause I'm a MOM.
Or a woman. I just think that if we want our kids to have
The unity. Then we should project that unity.
And also just remember that whatever goes on here is
Seen by butler. So if y'all want to keep it secret of
Our stars players???? I will let y'all come up with the answer.
If they have to use a message board to figure out who our star players are then we will have little to worry about and should worry about them
Mayfield will play Butler Co at 10AM Saturday in Hopkinsville at the Stadium of Champions
CardinalMOM#72 Wrote:Red thank you for the apology. I wasn't trying to
Start anything just trying to make a point. I just don't like being
Talked to like I don't know anything cause I'm a MOM.
Or a woman. I just think that if we want our kids to have
The unity. Then we should project that unity.

I can assure u that your gender had nothing to do with my responses i just like to debate a bit. There are plenty of people who feel the way you do both male and female. Many sports programs will not put the names on the back of jerseys to promote team and not individual so i do respect and somewhat agree with what u were saying. Anyway i am glad that you are on here helping us defend the cardinals against all commers. I wont be able to go to the game Sat so everybody that does give us updates
Thank you again for trying to see things from another point of view. I usually just read, but felt compelled to speak out,,,,which is very hard for me to do. I will support all kids that want to play in any sport or do other things for their school and community. I just wanted to point out that we need to talk as a team, so our kids will think and talk as a team. I am very anixous for this game to take place, and the mother in me does worry, but I know that our team is focused and ready to beat the best as it is said. I am sorry if I came across as arrogant. I didnt mean for it to seem that way. Sorry to hear you can't go to the game....after today I don't know if I will make it myself,,,,,but I will be hollaring the whole time for the CARDS!!!!
CardinalMOM#72 Wrote:Thank you again for trying to see things from another point of view. I usually just read, but felt compelled to speak out,,,,which is very hard for me to do. I will support all kids that want to play in any sport or do other things for their school and community. I just wanted to point out that we need to talk as a team, so our kids will think and talk as a team. I am very anixous for this game to take place, and the mother in me does worry, but I know that our team is focused and ready to beat the best as it is said. I am sorry if I came across as arrogant. I didnt mean for it to seem that way. Sorry to hear you can't go to the game....after today I don't know if I will make it myself,,,,,but I will be hollaring the whole time for the CARDS!!!!

now that we got that straightened out card mom you can get back in the kitchen and fix me some bisquits...
DOUGHDADDY Wrote:now that we got that straightened out card mom you can get back in the kitchen and fix me some bisquits...

Oh now doughdaddy you don't want to start that with me..... I burn my biscuits and they make great rocks. lol..
Pages: 1 2