Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Top 10 Still Alive
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I thought it would be interesting to check out some amateur rankings for the top 10 teams left in each division. Of course these are strictly opinion and based on what I've heard and what I've seen personally. Rearrange them as you all see fit. I don't know as much about D-2 or D-3, but I'd like to see others rank those guys as well.

8th Grade Division-1

1. Southern Pulaski
2. Northern Pulaski
3. Bowling Green
4. Johnson County
5. Farnsley
6. Union
7. Lone Oak
8. Bell County
9. Anderson County
10. Moss

7th Grade

1. Southern Pulaski
2. Johnson County
3. Bowling Green
4. Union
5. Farnsley
6. Whitley County
7. Franklin-Simpson
8. East Carter
9. Wayne County
10. Monroe County
I will be very surprised if yall don't find in the near future that Lone Oak is in the top 5. I will also be surprised is Bowling Green doesn't end up higher.
Anderson county maybe a sleeper that ends up higher after its all said and done
I haven't saw BG this year but its hard to imagine any team better than the Pulaskis. Obviously won of them is going out before the final four but I think they are 1a and 1b this year. Neither is as good as last years Northern tea but that team looked a high school team!
I make a big prediction this year and an unforeseen upset will happen. Meade Co. will knock Southern Pulaski out of the tournament and make the final game and even may win it all in Div 1. As stated before it is time for a change.
Getting a lot of billboard material from this...everyone doubts Westport?
Coach_Lockwood Wrote:Getting a lot of billboard material from this...everyone doubts Westport?

No doubts. Westport is one of the unknowns for me. I've not seen anything from them outside of the city of Louisville and "most" of the Louisville schools haven't impressed me this year. That's not a knock on you all, I just don't know. How do you all compare to Farnsley? They're a good team.
mysonis55 Wrote:I will be very surprised if yall don't find in the near future that Lone Oak is in the top 5. I will also be surprised is Bowling Green doesn't end up higher.

I thought about flipping Lone Oak and Farnsley at 5 & 7, but I kept thinking about the hype with LO last year and their early exit. I know it's not the same team, but I can't get that out of my mind. In the preseason last year, I was expecting a Northern Pulaski and Lone Oak state final. Farnsley will be in the Final 4 in my opinion. I put BG at 3 because of strength of schedule. Northern's only loss is a 4 point loss to Southern, where they had a better showing on offense AND defense and lost it on a blown special teams play. Thanks for the feedback. It's interesting to see everyone else's opinions on the rankings.
The only reason there is any doubt is 42-0 to bell county..things change so do teams good luck.
I think that Westport lost by a big margin to Southern already this year in Lexington.
Wildcat18 Wrote:I thought about flipping Lone Oak and Farnsley at 5 & 7, but I kept thinking about the hype with LO last year and their early exit. I know it's not the same team, but I can't get that out of my mind. In the preseason last year, I was expecting a Northern Pulaski and Lone Oak state final. Farnsley will be in the Final 4 in my opinion. I put BG at 3 because of strength of schedule. Northern's only loss is a 4 point loss to Southern, where they had a better showing on offense AND defense and lost it on a blown special teams play. Thanks for the feedback. It's interesting to see everyone else's opinions on the rankings.

Thought LO got beat in the semifinals? That is hardley an early exit. The biggest difference in LO this year and last is Line Play. Their Oline and Dline are not only big but their fast. Hard to get pressure on their QB and then it is rally hard to run on them.
rednblackattack Wrote:Thought LO got beat in the semifinals? That is hardley an early exit. The biggest difference in LO this year and last is Line Play. Their Oline and Dline are not only big but their fast. Hard to get pressure on their QB and then it is rally hard to run on them.

I was referring to your 8th who I heard about all year last year and was expecting to see them in the title game. Didn't a below average South Warren team upset them in the 1st round? That's the hype I'm talking about. They had a GREAT line last year, I wasn't really sure what happened.
rednblackattack Wrote:Thought LO got beat in the semifinals? That is hardley an early exit. The biggest difference in LO this year and last is Line Play. Their Oline and Dline are not only big but their fast. Hard to get pressure on their QB and then it is rally hard to run on them.
Leave us (Lone Oak)at #7 until we prove it on the field to everyone. We did go out early last year but that was our last year's 8th grade team and this team lost in the semi-finals. We will have our hands full with Moss this weekend because they are extremely well coached and have really good players. Hopefully we can move on and move up this list. Either way we will still be rooting for Mayfield and Paducah!
8th Grade D2
1 Owen County
2 Corbin
3 Cal
4 Barret
Everyone else
Wildcat18 Wrote:I was referring to your 8th who I heard about all year last year and was expecting to see them in the title game. Didn't a below average South Warren team upset them in the 1st round? That's the hype I'm talking about. They had a GREAT line last year, I wasn't really sure what happened.
Yes we did go out early last year and wish we could come up with some excuse but we just overlooked a team and didn't prepare for the opponent of that week. That won't happen again! We might get beat this weekend but it won't be because we overlooked them. We are fine with our #7 ranking and will prove it on the field although we did beat#3 Bowling Green last year to get to the semi-finals. I think the list is fair and accurate so hopefully we can pull some upsets.
What team other than northern hasn't lost to southern by a margin?
Bell put 22 points on Southern and I think lost by 10. Bell also gave Northern a good half. If Bell is at number 8 than not a lot of room in the top 10.
Is anyone ranking the d2 and d3? I'm interested to see how PT and us ( Mayfield) would get ranked by everyone. I think we would definately be in the top ten since we are in the round of 8, but I do not know much about other teams. We should get some type of barometer on whether the hyped up Butler Co team is for real this weekend. I dont know enough of these teams to know. I did see someone on here posted that Frankfort is down, but they have to be considered because 1 win puts them in the final 4 as well.
mysonis55 Wrote:Is anyone ranking the d2 and d3? I'm interested to see how PT and us ( Mayfield) would get ranked by everyone. I think we would definately be in the top ten since we are in the round of 8, but I do not know much about other teams. We should get some type of barometer on whether the hyped up Butler Co team is for real this weekend. I dont know enough of these teams to know. I did see someone on here posted that Frankfort is down, but they have to be considered because 1 win puts them in the final 4 as well.

Meece(somerset) won last year by a big margin with a lot of the kids returning. Meece lost to corbin(D2) by 20 points but I still think they are the best in D3. Not a lot of quality teams in the bracket. i predict Mayfield and Meece in the final.
kyfun Wrote:Meece(somerset) won last year by a big margin with a lot of the kids returning. Meece lost to corbin(D2) by 20 points but I still think they are the best in D3. Not a lot of quality teams in the bracket. i predict Mayfield and Meece in the final.

How could 7th graders be returning and not sitting out? Isnt that illegal?
7th graders playing on 8th grade team, Small school
Sorry meant 8th graders
We dress 26 8th graders if Meece has to rely so much on 7th graders they better pray they dont; play Mayfield in the finals and real glad we didnt enter the tournament last year. We dress 4 7th graders for some special teams debth and Shawntrez Tyler cause he is a freak of nature. But the fact that you know so much about N and S Pulaski and Meece is really odd to me. You must be a local middle school kid who knows all the middle school kids or you are just making crap up. Funny just last week u were talking about how Mayfield couldnt be good cause we hadnt played anybody now you are saying we will be in the finals?
rednblackattack Wrote:We dress 26 8th graders if Meece has to rely so much on 7th graders they better pray they dont; play Mayfield in the finals and real glad we didnt enter the tournament last year. We dress 4 7th graders for some special teams debth and Shawntrez Tyler cause he is a freak of nature. But the fact that you know so much about N and S Pulaski and Meece is really odd to me. You must be a local middle school kid who knows all the middle school kids or you are just making crap up. Funny just last week u were talking about how Mayfield couldnt be good cause we hadnt played anybody now you are saying we will be in the finals?

If you played in D1 Mayfield would not have a chance. Everyone in the State knows about the Pulaski, not just me. Since you are new to the state playoffs we can excuse your knowledge. Every team for the last couple of years have always had a great team then get beat by 30 by the Pulaskis. In D3 if you can get everyone to line up and get a snap off you can win. Thats why Mayfied will be in the final. I never said Meece had a good team, they are just best of the worst.

Bowling Green is a west team just ask them what the scores was last year from the games, 8th and 7th.
Dont believe you a couple of years of playoff history doesnt mean crap. Keep it going for a decade I will tell you what my knowledge is i am very familiar with football in your area used to coach just a few miles up the road. If you guys are that dominant but it doesnt translate hs then it usually means that ur guys are way older than everybody else for one reason or another then when they get to higher grades the physical gains are equaled out then the teams you were beating when you 15 and 16 playing 13 and 14 year olds start handing you your butts. Only somebody 14 or 15 thinks that because yall beat BG last year makes yall world beaters every year. Were you on that team last year? If Pulaski played BG in varsity foorball now what would happen. When you claim a school like Mayfield 8th grade is just playing for the best of the worst title tells me you are just an adolescent with hurt feelings. I have made points to you in other threads asking you to use your football knowledge to refute them and you didnt which tells me you dont anything really about the game except how to spew scores from the past. You better quit posting from school before ur teacher takes ur smart phone away.
rednblackattack Wrote:Dont believe you a couple of years of playoff history doesnt mean crap. Keep it going for a decade I will tell you what my knowledge is i am very familiar with football in your area used to coach just a few miles up the road. If you guys are that dominant but it doesnt translate hs then it usually means that ur guys are way older than everybody else for one reason or another then when they get to higher grades the physical gains are equaled out then the teams you were beating when you 15 and 16 playing 13 and 14 year olds start handing you your butts. Only somebody 14 or 15 thinks that because yall beat BG last year makes yall world beaters every year. Were you on that team last year? If Pulaski played BG in varsity foorball now what would happen. When you claim a school like Mayfield 8th grade is just playing for the best of the worst title tells me you are just an adolescent with hurt feelings. I have made points to you in other threads asking you to use your football knowledge to refute them and you didnt which tells me you dont anything really about the game except how to spew scores from the past. You better quit posting from school before ur teacher takes ur smart phone away.
I don't know why you keep comparing 8th graders to high school teams. The only way evaluate the current 8th grade teams is by this year scores and as 7th graders and looking at strength of schedule.
All teams have to have birth certificate to play in the playoffs. It looks like new middle schools rules have changed and passed you by since your coaching days.
Red&Blk, unless you know something new, I think we actually dress 31 8th graders. That is before 2 of them had broken legs and one has hurt his left elbow. That would actually put us at 28. We should have one of those back by the time we play in the semi's, if we get past Butler Co or Union Co. We also dress 6 of the 7th graders. For the record before anyone gets it started, we only have 3 hold backs in the 8th grade. None of them have any age or other issues and I'm sure they can check any records they want. I don't have any idea yet what teams will make it to the final four let alone the finals. I feel pretty good about our team but, I am a realist that understands that there are several more teams out there that feel the same way about there teams. I think that is the way we should feel. I think it would be wrong for any of us to get on here and start slamming the other teams or other persons on this site. I am quiet sure the boys playing at some of these schools look at this. I would hate to think that we might say something that could effect one of these kids futures. Lets all try to stay positive and just state our cases as to why we think certain teams will move on. :Thumbs:
mysonis55 Wrote:Red&Blk, unless you know something new, I think we actually dress 31 8th graders. That is before 2 of them had broken legs and one has hurt his left elbow. That would actually put us at 28. We should have one of those back by the time we play in the semi's, if we get past Butler Co or Union Co. We also dress 6 of the 7th graders. For the record before anyone gets it started, we only have 3 hold backs in the 8th grade. None of them have any age or other issues and I'm sure they can check any records they want. I don't have any idea yet what teams will make it to the final four let alone the finals. I feel pretty good about our team but, I am a realist that understands that there are several more teams out there that feel the same way about there teams. I think that is the way we should feel. I think it would be wrong for any of us to get on here and start slamming the other teams or other persons on this site. I am quiet sure the boys playing at some of these schools look at this. I would hate to think that we might say something that could effect one of these kids futures. Lets all try to stay positive and just state our cases as to why we think certain teams will move on. :Thumbs:

Wasnt really sur about the numbers just real sick of kyfun and his arrogance about n n S pulaski. Is assumption that only div 1 teams are good and a small school couldnt compete is BS. I lived 30 miles from sommerset for 5 years Jackson went to Boyle County and Mercer county in that time i volunteered coached in that area the quality of youth and middle school teams in that area is no better than here in wky. N S Pulaski is on an uptick but the last 3 or 4 years does not make you the lousiville trinity of middle school. The coaches at n s pulaski are good guys according to Lone Oaks coach but while we have 3 holdbacks none of them are 15 yet according to what i know correct me if im wrong the coaches in that area traditionally have a many more than 3 can you imagine the top 10 or 15 8th graders from this years team added to this years 7th grade team and all getting to play next year? You and I both know that even an almighty pulaski county team couldnt handle that combination of size and speed that line alone would average over 6ft tall and 250 lb the speed and athleticism of the skill positions with that depth could compete and make a playoff run in alot of 1a districts. Now you and both know that we wouldnt have to do that to compete in the division 1 bracket and that little stat master do nothing but quote his 15 year old opinion about the recent success of pulaski county middle school and the lack of ability of all of us small schools to play the game. Heck how do you insult Meece because they are div3 when that little school's kids get to hs they have shown an ability to hand Pulaski county their butts. Truth be told the middle school state tournament is really important to 3 sets of people the parents players and coaches and it is an honor for us to be competing but unless your priorities are screwed up as a school athletic program middle school football is there to get the kids ready for varsity the way i look at this tournament as a great experience for kids to learn what it is like so it helps them in the next level. KyFun do you know what the the 3 best far west ky middle school teams have in common? We have all at least competed in a state title game. If you cannot understand that it is because we all have high quality middle school programs i am going to tell you right now that if our 7th grade had of raised the funds to play in the tournament you would have seen how well a division 3 school competes against a bigger school they averaged almost 40 a game and only aloud 6 and all but 2 of those schools in our undefeated season would have been division 2 or better.
kyfun Wrote:I don't know why you keep comparing 8th graders to high school teams. The only way evaluate the current 8th grade teams is by this year scores and as 7th graders and looking at strength of schedule.
All teams have to have birth certificate to play in the playoffs. It looks like new middle schools rules have changed and passed you by since your coaching days.

Unless you drive around the state and see teams there is noway you can know strength of schedule and as for the rules that you can turn 15 after aug1 but the rules as to whether or not you have to sit out or play ur holdback year vary per school district and some places only hold back to give their kids a benefit in HS because a kid needs size or maturity to handle varsity football places like mayfield a kid as a freshman goes right to practice with the juniors and seniors. Some places holdback because they are not capable of playing championship football straight up so they can an advantage where you can at the middle school level and then get to HS and cant compete. If you took a good deal of the 8th graders that would still be eligible to play age wise next year ads then to Mayfields 7 th grade class a year older nobody in this area or most of the state could compete with them. Not even mighty division 1 teams. I am well aware that Pulaski county is a great middle school team and good for yall but i truly hope your arrogance and overconfidence is not a reflective of your football teams attitude cause when you start to take other teams lightly cause of recent success it can bite you on the butt. Still think LO is good enough to dethrone you this year it may or may not happen. If you think that LO isnt capable of doing that cause they got beat as 7th graders yall just keep thinking that.
You are correct red&blk. We dont have anyone that will turn 15 at least until well after football is over. That is what I was referring to when I said something about bashing other teams. I agree that whoever, should not knock other teams, just simply state the facts as to why you think your team or another team will move on. But, sometimes you just gotta take it for what it is and don't let someone get your blood pressure up. You, I, Lone Oak fans, Paducah fans, Graves County fans and many others know that we are not afraid to take on the bigger schools and have quiet a bit of sucess at doing so. That being said opinions are like, well you know, and everyone has one (some just stink alot more than others).Confusednicker:
Pages: 1 2