Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: N. Ky Middle School Football League Championships
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This weekend- Sat 10/20

All games played @ Beechwood High School

Small School Division
4:00pm
Covington Catholic 7th Grade vs Beechwood
*should be a good rematch. Beechwood had their way with CCH 7th last time out with a tough running game and some bad turnovers by CCH. If CCH is going to win those two things have to be corrected. Some terrific young athletes on both sides of the ball.

Medium School Division
6:00pm
Newport Central Catholic vs Tichenor
*Tichenor took this one last time out. We'll see if they can repeat.

Large School Division
7:30pm (although it will likely be closer to 8:00pm)
Covington Catholic 8th Grade vs Turkeyfoot 8th Grade
*CCH 8th withstood a tough 1st half against Turkeyfoot 8th last time around- then came out the 2nd half and put it away in short order. Adjustments will be made on both sides- should be interesting. I will say that this CCH 8th grade team has a tremendous concentration of athletes that can do a lot of damage on both sides of the ball. QB/LB VonHandorf, WR/LB Shelton lead this category but there are a dozen others who contribute something special. This group will be special in High School should they choose to stick with football.
Plants Predictions

Small - Beechwood in a close one
Medium - Tichenor
Large - Cov Cath

Blue dad you going to be there for all 3 games? Perhaps you can email/text me the scores as they finish. I will be in the land of the Pulaski's this weekend.
I will be there- but I can pretty much promise that I unfortunately won't be able to e-mail or text as they happen.
I will definitely give the results on Sunday though.
Safe travels.
bluedad1 Wrote:This weekend- Sat 10/20

All games played @ Beechwood High School

Small School Division
4:00pm
Covington Catholic 7th Grade vs Beechwood
*should be a good rematch. Beechwood had their way with CCH 7th last time out with a tough running game and some bad turnovers by CCH. If CCH is going to win those two things have to be corrected. Some terrific young athletes on both sides of the ball.

Medium School Division
6:00pm
Newport Central Catholic vs Tichenor
*Tichenor took this one last time out. We'll see if they can repeat.

Large School Division
7:30pm (although it will likely be closer to 8:00pm)
Covington Catholic 8th Grade vs Turkeyfoot 8th Grade
*CCH 8th withstood a tough 1st half against Turkeyfoot 8th last time around- then came out the 2nd half and put it away in short order. Adjustments will be made on both sides- should be interesting. I will say that this CCH 8th grade team has a tremendous concentration of athletes that can do a lot of damage on both sides of the ball. QB/LB VonHandorf, WR/LB Shelton lead this category but there are a dozen others who contribute something special. This group will be special in High School should they choose to stick with football.

Why would someone, "not want to stick with football?"
dunno- crazy I guess Wink
Heck they're in 8th grade- their minds change with the breeze.
^Blue,

Other than Vonhandorf #15 QB/ILB and Shelton ( what's his # ) give me two more to keep an eye out for on Covcaths team.

Here's 4 to watch on Turkeyfoots squad:

Justin Tellez #71 OT/DT, Casey Cornett #55 C/ILB, Hunter Meyer QB, Cameron Barrett #00 OLB/SB

Going to watch the meduim school division game as well. Tichenors QB Alex Runion ( will play DB as well ) and Jesse Hatton #55 OL/LB are two to watch.

Newcaths Jobe Freppon #13 OLB/SB, and Austin Neff #3 FB/LB.

Please pick up the baton for the small school championship. I'm not familiar with either Beechwood or Covcath 7th. Although I'll be rooting for the underdog blue colonels in this one.

Looking forward to great evening of football...good luck and good health to all involved!