Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: KYMSFA - 2nd round playoff brackets
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Updated Brackets (some sites and times are still TBA)
I hope more teams get involved in this so that the brackets can be better.

Some teams only have to win 2 games to make it the state championship, while others have to win 4 or 5.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I hope more teams get involved in this so that the brackets can be better.

Some teams only have to win 2 games to make it the state championship, while others have to win 4 or 5.

Agree, part of it is needing more teams in ceratain areas of the state, heck why dont all teams in the state join?

Part of itas well is just that there are not as many teams of that size in that part of the state as well.
Is there another way to see the brackets. it will not allow me to open th ones poste above.
Agree alos. I know Frankfort is down this season, but 2 teams the Coach thought would be with them didnt want to join I believe..But every middle school should be involved, heck with them all be like the High School part 6 divisions imagine that...But good luck to all of the teams in playoff's. hope to see yall pass this Sat.
Again why not split the division after the teams are summitted? Top 1/3 D1 Next 1/3 D 2 and what left D3? Allowing for Geographic in the decision making.
Thanks for the update.
Why is it that Whitley County has to be the road warriors again this year? Last year we had to travel every week and this year a 400 mile roundtrip to lower seed Greenup and then 300 mile round trip to Johnson Co. And if we win another 300 mile trip i guess. No one else has had to travel this way. So why the heck do we?
Copperhead11 Wrote:Why is it that Whitley County has to be the road warriors again this year? Last year we had to travel every week and this year a 400 mile roundtrip to lower seed Greenup and then 300 mile round trip to Johnson Co. And if we win another 300 mile trip i guess. No one else has had to travel this way. So why the heck do we?

I would guess that it's because you all don't have an 8th grade team representing this year. Locations are distributed based on 8th grade games if I understood it correctly. Do the teams you all have played so far have 8th grade teams in the playoffs also? That might be something to consider.
Bowling Green's 7th and 8th grade teams are undefeated and should make a good showing.
Wildcat18 Wrote:I would guess that it's because you all don't have an 8th grade team representing this year. Locations are distributed based on 8th grade games if I understood it correctly. Do the teams you all have played so far have 8th grade teams in the playoffs also? That might be something to consider.
Johnson co 8th plays @ north pulaski saturday . So why does whitley have to go to johnson co. If they travel with their 8th grade.
It would make more sense to play at pulaski. If this is the case most often.:why:
colonelking69 Wrote:Johnson co 8th plays @ north pulaski saturday . So why does whitley have to go to johnson co. If they travel with their 8th grade.

Johnson County 7th doesn't travel with there 8th. The teams are separate. D
If there is 2 upsets this weekend it could be an all Pike County final with Pike Central and Belfry.
It's nice to only have to win 2 games to be in the championship game, but it makes it hard to stay focused when you practice for a month without a game.
Look for Corbin to win D2.
Coach_J Wrote:It's nice to only have to win 2 games to be in the championship game, but it makes it hard to stay focused when you practice for a month without a game.

gotta win three to get to championship two wins is the semi finals we have the same issue but i would rather be there than to have to win 4 to get to the big show
EastKYSportscenter Wrote:If there is 2 upsets this weekend it could be an all Pike County final with Pike Central and Belfry.

I don't thsnk i would call it a upset of Belfry wins.
It's my understanding that if both Northern Pulaski and Southern Pulaski win this weekend they will have to travel to Johnson County next weekend to play each other.
99PIRATEFAN Wrote:I don't thsnk i would call it a upset of Belfry wins.

Sorry about the spelling but this Swype on my phone gets crazy sometimes.
jumper1 Wrote:It's my understanding that if both Northern Pulaski and Southern Pulaski win this weekend they will have to travel to Johnson County next weekend to play each other.

That is correct. Johnson County will host the Region 4 finals.
^
Surely that can be changed.
That would be a complete waste of time and money.
JC could still collect the gate off the game, but it wouldn't be smart to make them travel all the way there...
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:^
Surely that can be changed.
That would be a complete waste of time and money.
JC could still collect the gate off the game, but it wouldn't be smart to make them travel all the way there...

There will be three other finals there that day and KMSFA gets the gate.
I believe the reason you dont have more getting involved is that the kymsfa fee needs to be due up front, most of these teams pay it after they find out how the season will go. I also feel the rules not being the same for everybody ie certain areas allowing players to be held back and others not allowing it has a big reason as well.hopefully we can get something fix where the field of play is level for all then we wont have so many discussions about this issue. I am not worried either way just to either allow it fully or not at all or have a 4th division for those schools that are allowed to do it and regularly practice it.
Any one know where Pike Central Middle and Corbin will be playing at this Saturday?
THOMCAT Wrote:There will be three other finals there that day and KMSFA gets the gate.

The KMSFA would be better served to move this game to a closer location. When Northern and Southern play the gate is very large compared to a typical middle school game. When the two played earlier in the season the crowd was very similiar to a varsity game. I don't see many outside fans traveling all the way to Johnson County to watch two Pulaski County teams play.
jumper1 Wrote:The KMSFA would be better served to move this game to a closer location. When Northern and Southern play the gate is very large compared to a typical middle school game. When the two played earlier in the season the crowd was very similiar to a varsity game. I don't see many outside fans traveling all the way to Johnson County to watch two Pulaski County teams play.

Nor will any extra Johnson County fans come out to watch two Pulaski schools play each other...it is, after all, still middle school football.