Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Best Middle School teams '12
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
What a concept...let separate the players and teams outdated thread.

What do you think?
Owen county aka bowling middle school is the best in the state
Southern Pulaski has 2 great teams this year...
Corbin 8th Grade will win the state.
Covcath 8th grade will be favored to win the NKY large school division championship.

Tichenor will be favored to beat Newport Central Catholic in the medium division.

Either Beechwood or Covcath 7th in the small school division.
Franklin-Simpson has Jordan Bass #73 a 6foot 1 inch 225 pound 13 year old that plays tackle and defensive end. There is no keeping this beast out of the back field he is quick off the line and can strip and run it back. One of the best I have ever seen in the state of Kentucky. Quarter backs don't stand a chance against this talented giant.

Franklin-Simpson has Sol Brady #24 arguably one of the best 7th grade running backs in the country. This kid has no fear. He has scored over 35 touch downs this season.

Franklin-Simpson has James Baker #5 tailback lightning fast and he has the foot work to go with it. He is a 7th grad power house with over 20 touchdowns this season.

Franklin-Simpson has quarterback #11 Jackson Caudill he has that Brett Farve accuracy and the Michael Vick running ability. This kid is all out dangerous from anywhere on the field. He is an 8th grade sensation who has 22 touchdowns on the quarter back keeper this season.
Spirit100 Wrote:Covcath 8th grade will be favored to win the NKY large school division championship.

Tichenor will be favored to beat Newport Central Catholic in the medium division.

Either Beechwood or Covcath 7th in the small school division.

It would be nice if the teams in this conference would branch out and play some teams from across the state.
Corbin 8th grade is the best in d-2
^Agreed plantman...time and logistics have a tendency of getting in the way. A regional tourney might be a fit, with the blessing of basketball coaches, once the existing playoffs are completed.

Likelihood of that happening is slim to none. Better option would be covert 7-on-7 turkeybowl games.
I would love to see that Beechwood 7th grade team against our Mayfield 7th grade team. The star running back for Mayfield 7th is almost as tough as Jonathan Jackson was at that age. He is built like one of those statues the greeks used to make. I know for a fact the kid was bench pressing 185 pounds at a 6th grader. He does stiff arms that have actually decleated defenders many times this year. I think our 8th grd has a good shot at making some serious noise this year. I would say we would win it all but, we lost our qb in the regional finals. We have another good qb that has taken over but, he hasnt had the reps yet. Good luck to all these young men state wide, I wish you all luck and hope the good Lord protects you all from injuries. Remember guys this is an opportunity for these kids to learn something that can help them in the future and dont read too much into the final results.
The Beechwood team that is playing the Cov Cath 7th grade team is not a 7th grade team. it is a mix of 7th and 8th grade kids- with most of the starters being 8th.
There are 6 teams in the small team division of the N Ky middle school football league and only Cov Cath and Turkeyfoot field purely 7th graders in that division. Fair or not that's just the way it's set up.
Cov Cath looks to make adjustments from the last meeting with Beechwood- should be a good Championship game.
Teresa Wrote:Franklin-Simpson has Jordan Bass #73 a 6foot 1 inch 225 pound 13 year old that plays tackle and defensive end. There is no keeping this beast out of the back field he is quick off the line and can strip and run it back. One of the best I have ever seen in the state of Kentucky. Quarter backs don't stand a chance against this talented giant.

Franklin-Simpson has Sol Brady #24 arguably one of the best 7th grade running backs in the country. This kid has no fear. He has scored over 35 touch downs this season.

Franklin-Simpson has James Baker #5 tailback lightning fast and he has the foot work to go with it. He is a 7th grad power house with over 20 touchdowns this season.

Franklin-Simpson has quarterback #11 Jackson Caudill he has that Brett Farve accuracy and the Michael Vick running ability. This kid is all out dangerous from anywhere on the field. He is an 8th grade sensation who has 22 touchdowns on the quarter back keeper this season.

With these caliber of athletes your team(s) should walk through their bracket like a breeze.
I hope to be able to watch them in Lexington.
bluedad1 Wrote:the beechwood team that is playing the cov cath 7th grade team is not a 7th grade team. It is a mix of 7th and 8th grade kids- with most of the starters being 8th.
There are 6 teams in the small team division of the n ky middle school football league and only cov cath and turkeyfoot field purely 7th graders in that division. Fair or not that's just the way it's set up.
Cov cath looks to make adjustments from the last meeting with beechwood- should be a good championship game.

whats different about that all the mountain teams do the same thing they are called holdbacks ...nothing new
Southern Pulaski D1 Champs
Corbin D2 Champs
Somerset Meece D3 Champs
Southern Pulaski 7th Champs
Spirit100 Wrote:^Agreed plantman...time and logistics have a tendency of getting in the way. A regional tourney might be a fit, with the blessing of basketball coaches, once the existing playoffs are completed.

Likelihood of that happening is slim to none. Better option would be covert 7-on-7 turkeybowl games.

Time and logistics really aren't an issue. The NKY conference could play their conference games during the week, allowing the teams to play outside the conference on a few weekends. The large schools are already playing B team type games on Wednesdays now, could easly play an A and B game on those nights.
Wow...parents should be barred from this website. It baffles me that people think being a good parent is getting on a website and bragging about their children as opposed to making sure they're staying grounded or doing homework. It never ceases to amaze me.
Leonidas Wrote:Wow...parents should be barred from this website. It baffles me that people think being a good parent is getting on a website and bragging about their children as opposed to making sure they're staying grounded or doing homework. It never ceases to amaze me.

Grounded, as in down to earth...for the mentally incapable.
You got to throw Belfry in there as a top contender in D2 13-0 but had to play in to just get an 8 seed then beating greenup a 2 seed 28-0.These kids are big fast and love to hit.
I agree- that holdbacks seem to be more the norm for E Ky.
There are a dozen threads discussing this very contentious subject so I won't sideline the thread for another one.
Suffice to say, the Cov Cath 7th graders are all legit 7th graders- no hold backs. Don't agree with the practice & never will.
Bowling Green's 7th & 8th grade teams are undefeated.
southern pulaski WILL win 7th grade easily and they will also win D1 8th grade.
Bowling Green is undefeated cause they didnt play southern or northern pulaski this year after the big losses they took last year by these two schools.
WarriorProud Wrote:southern pulaski WILL win 7th grade easily and they will also win D1 8th grade.

Due to the fact that they are almost the same team as last year.
WarriorProud Wrote:southern pulaski WILL win 7th grade easily and they will also win D1 8th grade.

i appreciate you not thinking 8th will win so easily they will have to play
Leonidas, truth is u should be banned. You come on a site where people are asking for opinions on players and then you start making comments about them hooking up. We simply told some players to watch for. Do us all a favor and go back to watching 300 which is apparently something you know about.
bluedad1 Wrote:I agree- that holdbacks seem to be more the norm for E Ky.
There are a dozen threads discussing this very contentious subject so I won't sideline the thread for another one.
Suffice to say, the Cov Cath 7th graders are all legit 7th graders- no hold backs. Don't agree with the practice & never will.

You say you don't want to "sideline the thread for another one", but you make two post in a 24 post thread and whine about 8th graders playing and holdbacks being the "norm for E Ky." :dontthink :lame:
mysonis55 Wrote:Leonidas, truth is u should be banned. You come on a site where people are asking for opinions on players and then you start making comments about them hooking up. We simply told some players to watch for. Do us all a favor and go back to watching 300 which is apparently something you know about.

he hasn't seen 300 or he would know leonidas lost that one.. well after a pretty good scrap :redboxer:
DOUGHDADDY Wrote:he hasn't seen 300 or he would know leonidas lost that one.. well after a pretty good scrap :redboxer:

Lost a battle but not the war
Ten Pin Spare Wrote:Southern Pulaski D1 Champs
Corbin D2 Champs
Somerset Meece D3 Champs
Southern Pulaski 7th Champs

:hilarious::thatsfunn
My first post was responding to the fellow stating he wanted Mayfields 7th to play Beechwoods 7th. I was only clarifying that their 7th isn't 7th at all but a mixture of 7th and 8th- mostly 8th. Understand?
Pages: 1 2 3