Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: On ESPN Draft Central..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Two players from Pikeville College have entered the draft, yet neither of them are representing Pikeville College. Antwan Marsh is under the school Peru State and E.J. Underwood is under Ohio State. What is up with this?
ComeFlyWithMe Wrote:Two players from Pikeville College have entered the draft, yet neither of them are representing Pikeville College. Antwan Marsh is under the school Peru State and E.J. Underwood is under Ohio State. What is up with this?

They just want professional teams to think they were good enough to play at big Universities, but, then again, if they were good enough to be drafted, pro teams would have known where they went to college. Maybe they just did it so people wouldn't look down on their city's teams for picking them.
ComeFlyWithMe Wrote:Two players from Pikeville College have entered the draft, yet neither of them are representing Pikeville College. Antwan Marsh is under the school Peru State and E.J. Underwood is under Ohio State. What is up with this?
I dont understand this either....
Did these players start out playing for those two schools and then transferred to Pikeville? I know most list the first school attended when it refers to JUCO players anyway. Like the kid Cincy picked he finished at South Carolina but on MSNBC it list him from New Haven which is where he started his college playing days.

This might or might not be the reason.
if either of the 2 get picked let us know
was wondering the same thing
I played with Marsh for a couple of years, he went to Peru State(JUCO) as a Freshmen because he couldn't gain eligibility to accept his scholarship to NC State out of High School. He came to PC when his HS Coach took the assistant Head Coach job up there. EJ went to Ohio State and was at PC this past year with his national championship ring. He was quick but I saw him get burned several times. Marsh was probably their best bet to get drafted. Pro Scouts were at practice to watch him, and the Chiefs came to a game at Cumberland U two years ago and sat next to my father. As my dad sat and talked to the guy, Marsh took the opening kickoff 102 yards for a TD, the guy grabbed his stuff and said he saw all he needed to see. I look for them to grab him as a free agent but still don't know anything about EJ. Did anyone see all the 7th round picks of the past, Shannon Sharpe and Jamal Anderson were a couple.