Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Greenup Co. 20 Rowan Co. 12 (7th grade)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Greenup wins tonight in first round of play offs. Beat Rowan 20-12 at Morehead. Next Whitley Co. for Greenup Saturday.
Great playing by Greenups defensive line. Good Luck sat.
Great job GC!
Great job, Greenup!!!
where is this game gonna be played @ whitley or greenup
Greenup 7th goes to Whitley Co. Saturday. That is about a 3 1/2 to 4 hour bus ride.
The Greenup 7th vs Whitley 7th game will be played at Greenup. Greenup 8th grade team has a home game, and 7th grade teams stay with their 8th grade team.
Boy that higher seed meant nothing . So tell me how is that justified . So were getting the shaft . Shouldve figured that.:lame:
colonelking69 Wrote:Boy that higher seed meant nothing . So tell me how is that justified . So were getting the shaft . Shouldve figured that.:lame:

If you would have read my post, the reason why is in there.
What time will the 7th grade game be?
Alot of 7th graders playup let alone you would have to split most coaching staffs.Whitch one is more fair? I know,I know make them split, then travel so you can have one game at home. I say go there with a chip on your shouders and bring home the big win,show them you can travel and still beat them.
Other teams have had to split for the playoffs in the past...If I'm not mistaken, it happened with Boyd County last year. That's messed up...
plantmanky Wrote:The Greenup 7th vs Whitley 7th game will be played at Greenup. Greenup 8th grade team has a home game, and 7th grade teams stay with their 8th grade team.

I am neither a fan of Greenup County or Whitley County but to make a 4 seed travel to a 12 seed is ridiculous no matter the reason. The fact that the distance is 198 miles is even worse. Why schedule higher division teams for more points when decisions like this are made. Provisions could be made to accomidate teams with both 7th and 8th grade teams both involved. Why could it not have been Greenup County at Whitley County 7th on Saturday and Belfry at Greenup County 8th on Monday? I know that arrangements were made for Monday because Paintville will host Pineville on Monday because of special circumstances.
All in all, I think that the KMSFA is an excellent group, however if a simple minded country boy like me can see this major flaw then I am sure others have also.
Where will this game be played. @ the high school or middle school
At Greenup Co high school which is right on US 23.
Not a fan of either team, but i have to pull for our confrence member.Bring home the win.
Go Whitley.
The 7th play at 4 Saturday at Greenup Co. High school.
Whitley cruised to a 32 point half time lead . Then started playing the subs . Greenup got their first first down in the 4th quarter . Rowan must have been real bad.
You have no idea but if you where there you saw the QB was tape from his foot up his leg that was so he could just stand plus in the Rowan game Gc lost one with broken leg and one with shoulder injury. But I'm not from Rowan but I glad to see a man from Whitless Co can put a bush of boys down. This site was not made to put kids down like you have.
colonelking69 Wrote:Whitley cruised to a 32 point half time lead . Then started playing the subs . Greenup got their first first down in the 4th quarter . Rowan must have been real bad.

what you said is bad enough to put down another team that way but for warrior grandpa to put a like on it is childish i know i poke fun a lot on here but i don't put down teams or players as to there ability to play the game that they must love or why else would they put themselves through what a football player must endure show a little class like others have said the kids get on here and read this stuff too
Didnt really put no one down . just stated the facts . Were still upset over a 4 hour bus ride with a 4 seed to play a 12 seed . just how was that right .i guess you didnt notice that.
Sorry I stepped on any toes DoughDaddy. The like was for a Whitley win only because of being that Whitley is a confrence brethren. Meant no slight to any child out there, they all are putting thier health on the line ever game. My own Grandson has missed games this year from a broken arm but thankfully is back playing again.
Greenup had one loss at the beginning of the season, We beat both the 5th and 9th seed in regular season. But yet, we got a 12 seed. Greenup did not lose a player to a broken leg. A Rowan county players leg was broken during our game. Wish him well! Greenup has a good team, it is just a matter of utilizing them.
What can any of you all tell about Johnson Co? What kind of team do they have?