Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 8th grade QB from Kentucky Looks to be the Best in the Country
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Check out this article on Union Raiders and Ryle QB Tanner Morgan on Youth1.com

http://youth1.com/index.php/football-hea...he-country
Saw this guy play against a very physical corbin team this year. He's athletic, but the redhounds got the best of him.
Have seen this young man play and wish him well in his pursuit of being the best QB in the nation. Have seen better QBs in Northern Kentucky.

Really no way to substantiate who is the best in the country to begin with. Lot of politics, fanfare, and money passing back-in-forth to legitamize who goes to 7-on-7 camps and what credibilty it lends.

Bir and Towles as Juniors were better than Pike as a Senior and he was "touted" as the best in KY by the experts. So take the publicity with a grain of salt. 8th grade really...ask Damon Bailey how that went for him in Indiana.

Again, I wish Tanner well and hope he protects himself from the hype.
The young man is very talented- has had a lot of support getting where he is & I wish him the best of luck- but frankly he's not even the top 8th grade QB in Northern Ky IMO. Smart kid- good strong arm- just not as mobile as some.

Cole VonHandorf with the Cov Cath 8th grade is the best QB- and one of the best athletes period- in Northern Ky. that I have seen this year.

Easily 6' and @ 180 lbs. Incredibly smart, great arm & fast as a deer for a kid his age & size. Probably going to lead his team to the N Ky 8th grade championship (and did help lead his team to a win over Morgan's 8th grade Union team a couple weeks ago even though he only played two quarters).

Just not involved in the daily hype machine that some coaches & Dad's can get into- but no worries- Cov Cath is building for the future and individual accolades will come with time.
^ Well said blue...looking forward to seeing how the remainder of this football season turns out for both Tanner and Cole.
Towles and Pike were both Sr last year. I might not of heard it correctly but I think this kid is related to Couch. Maybe if he is as good as they think Ryle will open it up more since that appears to be the knock on their hs team
Heck- I'm related to Couch- but that and a quarter will get me a cup of coffee.
he didnt touch corbin
Did Lone Oak play Corbin this year?
no
Are you kidding...
Good Quarterback, i have seen him play.
unbiasedopinions Wrote:Are you kidding...

No... that is the problem. There are a lot of people around the area that know the truth and had a good laugh when this article was written. My son is a little over five feet tall and weighs 108lbs on a good day and never played the QB postioin. I could have submitted an article to Youth 1 that he is training to be the best in the country and they would have written it. I am sure this write up has a few people around the program shaking their heads.
You are 100% correct. A simple picture can get your kid invites to all the top Camp$ around.
I agree. These camps are GREAT for kids but the write ups from these camps are very biased. Some say invite only but if you have the cash you get invited. Just a way of making them look prestigious or elite.