Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Reggie Bush #1? Think again...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The Texans have reached an agreement with Mario Williams for the 1st round draft pick. I think they're making a huge mistake.
I just seen that on Espn suprised me alot
Are You Serious????????????????????????????????????????????
What's their logic behind this? Who takes Bush now??
They will regret this move !
This IS RIDICULOUS!!!!
I dont know why you all think this is so rediculous....Domanick Davis is a good running back, and Mario Williams is a POTENTIAL HALL OF FAMER!!! i like the move...
corndog23 Wrote:I dont know why you all think this is so rediculous....Domanick Davis is a good running back, and Mario Williams is a POTENTIAL HALL OF FAMER!!! i like the move...

I don't know, I agree that you need defense before everything else, and Davis is solid, but Bush is so explosive,
This is pretty silly to me....Reggie Bush is a player who could be the next Barry Sanders...Mario Williams is no Lawrence Taylor or Julias Peppers, that he should be picked so high, so they should let him go on down to the 2nd or 3rd pick.....Davis is good, but Bush is younger, and will be lots better....They can trade Davis out for a defensive lineman who has been in the league for a while....
alfus21 Wrote:This is pretty silly to me....Reggie Bush is a player who could be the next Barry Sanders...Mario Williams is no Lawrence Taylor or Julias Peppers, that he should be picked so high, so they should let him go on down to the 2nd or 3rd pick.....Davis is good, but Bush is younger, and will be lots better....They can trade Davis out for a defensive lineman who has been in the league for a while....

I have to disagree with this part of your post. I think he WILL become a Julius Peppers, Lawrence Taylor, or even Jevon Kearse in his day....He is THAT GOOD.
I believe that this is a HUGE mistake. Sure Williams is a good player but, he isn't the same caliber as Bush. I'd say fifteen years from now when we look back at both careers the Texans will look very foolish for not selecting Bush.
Reggie Bush is the best player in the draft, not even close.....

Signability appears to be the main factor....
Maybe they're afraid of the legal actions with Bush in trouble right now
They will regret this pick.
Yea, I saw where some analysts were discussing the pick a few days ago talking about if the Texans passed on Reggie Bush, then it would be the equivalency of the Trail-Blazers drafting Sam Bowie over Michael Jordan. I, for one cannot believe what the Texans are doing. If they need one thing, it's OFFENSE, and Reggie Bush is one of the most explosive players I've ever watched. He has the potential of becoming something special. It isn't often you see players of Bush's caliber being passed on, and no, Williams is no where near the caliber of Bush.....
FreakNasty Wrote:Reggie Bush is the best player in the draft, not even close.....

Signability appears to be the main factor....

Exactly..Reggie Bush truly could end up as the one of the best RB's of all time.....Foolish not to take someone you could build a franchise around like that...Davis is alright, but Bush will be better than him in 2 years no doubt...
i seriously think Bush is verhyped. Mario Williams and Vernon Davis (IMO) Are both more talented then Bush. Call me crazy, stupid or whatever you want, But thats the way i see it. Reggie Bush will not be the next Barry Sanders...no way...
Well could the Texans be Bluffing one day before picks? hmmmm makes the other teams do some serious thinking just a thought?......and they might pick bush and just be doing it for spite to see how people react
They very well could be doing that Football05, but i believe this is actually the decision they have made. and hey will take him.
football05 Wrote:Well could the Texans be Bluffing one day before picks? hmmmm makes the other teams do some serious thinking just a thought?......and they might pick bush and just be doing it for spite to see how people react

Casserly has done about 20 TV interviews since 9 last night, if he's bluffing, he's got serious character issues IMO....
bad move IMO
Very bad move on the Texans behalf. Hope Williams has an awesome season or they will regret it
Bush was PISSED
the texans are going to regret this move before the season is over
clubber_layne Wrote:the texans are going to regret this move before the season is over

I just dont believe that. Reggie Bush will get hurt....bad...
corndog23 Wrote:I just dont believe that. Reggie Bush will get hurt....bad...

Smile Why do you say that?
well, some of his cutbacks in college, he kind of stopped and the defense ran past him. the game was ALOT slower and he could get by with it. Plus he only carried the ball about 15 times a game. didnt take very much punishment. He only weighs about 200 pounds. WAY too small....i believe if ray lewis or briand urlacher get ahold of him, his season might come to an end.
corndog23 Wrote:well, some of his cutbacks in college, he kind of stopped and the defense ran past him. the game was ALOT slower and he could get by with it. Plus he only carried the ball about 15 times a game. didnt take very much punishment. He only weighs about 200 pounds. WAY too small....i believe if ray lewis or briand urlacher get ahold of him, his season might come to an end.

His cutbacks will work in the NFL too, not to mention he did bulldoze a few guys at this past season...He didn't have to carry the ball more than 15 times per game, and he averaged 9 yards per carry which is decent for D1 football...Barry Sanders was only 5'8, 200 lbs also and he faired pretty well...Emmitt Smith just weighed over 200 lbs and done pretty good....Bush will put on some weight and muscle, and he has plenty of time...He'll be lucky to see the ball 20 times this season behind Mcallister and Stecker, plus they want to protect for the long term...The Saints won't let Bush get hurt in his first year, and after that he'll be ready to play...
alfus21 Wrote:His cutbacks will work in the NFL too, not to mention he did bulldoze a few guys at this past season...He didn't have to carry the ball more than 15 times per game, and he averaged 9 yards per carry which is decent for D1 football...Barry Sanders was only 5'8, 200 lbs also and he faired pretty well...Emmitt Smith just weighed over 200 lbs and done pretty good....Bush will put on some weight and muscle, and he has plenty of time...He'll be lucky to see the ball 20 times this season behind Mcallister and Stecker, plus they want to protect for the long term...The Saints won't let Bush get hurt in his first year, and after that he'll be ready to play...
:thumpsup: