Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: SEKY Conference Championships, 7 & 8
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Tuesday October 9 SEKY Conference has two Laurel County teams playing against the Corbin Redhounds for the 7 & 8 championships. First @ 6 we have the seventh graders playing, North Laurel Jaguars against Corbin. Following that game we have the South Laurel Cardinals against Corbin for the 8th grade championship. Both games will be played at the Corbin High School Field. Good luck to all these teams, let everyone leave the game healthy!
Go Corbin! Best of luck to all of the other teams as well!
I will give a prediction for this 7th grade championship game, NL 32 - Corbin 6. Go JAGS
Are the red hounds not playing N.Pulaski on the 9th? According to the brackets they should be at Somerset at 6:30 pm. The 7th grade that is .
The coaches agreed to play Thursday so Corbin can try to beat North Laurel. Who should have been registered for the KYMSFA! They are an awesome team who have already beat the Redhounds once. Good luck to both teams and let every player leave the game healthy.
I would think they will be a few teams, in the KYMSFA, scouting the Redhounds in this one. Also, they will be thankful to the Jaguars not being registered! Go JAGS!
Corbin will beat North Laurel by 2 touchdowns.
Corbin Conference Champs 7th Grade
Way to go Corbin!:Cheerlead
So the coaches changed the schedule for the KYmSFA playoff bracket From the 9th to the 11th? Didn't know you could do that? Either way the schedule is not fair for the conference championship games versus the play in games. Maybe something that should definetly be looked at next year so everyone can schedule their conference championship earlier. Just a thought. Might be wrong?
What were the results of the games
RaiderFan7th Wrote:So the coaches changed the schedule for the KYmSFA playoff bracket From the 9th to the 11th? Didn't know you could do that? Either way the schedule is not fair for the conference championship games versus the play in games. Maybe something that should definetly be looked at next year so everyone can schedule their conference championship earlier. Just a thought. Might be wrong?

The dates for the KYMSFA playoffs were released in Feb 2012. Plenty of time for conferences to adjust their schedules if they wanted too.
I hate it for the Hounds,if they should beat N. Pulaski on the 11th they will face a well rested Southern on the 13th. Three tough games in only five days.We haven't played in two weeks.
It was a tough loss for the Jags against Corbin, 12 - 8. We finish season 10 -2, good year for these guys. Look forward to next year. Good luck to all the teams playing in the KYMSFA.
Warrior Grandpa Wrote:I hate it for the Hounds,if they should beat N. Pulaski on the 11th they will face a well rested Southern on the 13th. Three tough games in only five days.We haven't played in two weeks.

Keep us posted on N.Pulaski and Corbin.
Corbin beat N. Pulaski. They play S. Pulaski today.
LOL, I meant to put S.Pulaski
South lead it 30-0 at the half.Didn't let them cross mid field in 1st half. Then started to sub starting the third qtr. Called off the barrage in the 4th only playing the subs except for our Qb.
Warrior Grandpa Wrote:South lead it 30-0 at the half.Didn't let them cross mid field in 1st half. Then started to sub starting the third qtr. Called off the barrage in the 4th only playing the subs except for our Qb.

Congrats Grandpa I hope these boys go all the way! Keep me informed on the games.
Just a little something that I thought was funny during this game...
This was all joking and after the game looked to be in hand for Southern.
I think Southern was facing a 4th and short somewhere around mid field.
It went something like this...

A Corbin Coach - " Hey Ref, you think that you could call a few holding penalties on them? I just want to see if they can punt. I haven't seen them punt in 2 years. "

Ref - " Looking like this, they don't need to. "

Struck me as funny.
Plus, I am fairly sure that we have punted in the last two years.

GO WARRIORS! :Cheerlead