Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Playoff time Mayfield Middle School
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Got Owensboro Catholic in the first game game who knows anything about them?
Good luck. The RB #8 for Mayfield's 8th grade is one of the best backs in the state.
Good luck, #8 for Mayfield's 8th grade is a man child. I think he is insofar the best backs in the state.
Number 8 is the son of Michael Bright former 1st team allstate linebacker and RB and a top 10 rusher all time at Mayfield High. Treyjon Bright just might end up better than his Dad. The 7th grade back number 32 maybe better than Bright.
Maybe, but Bright is a complete back. I remember his dad. He was senior when I was a freshman at Tilghman.
I totally agree with you about #8. I coach at Lone Oak and a KYMSFA Board Member and thought so much of your son that I nominated him for all-state. I hope he gets along my players and The deserving Paducah's Players.

Good luck in the playoffs and I hope all of our conference teams make it to Lexington!
Thanks Bright is not my son. My son is the big number 75 on the 7th grade. I just watched all the games. It really looks like LO is going to really give a solid foundation for the Mustangs. I hope they go with a passing O to utilize the outstanding Qbacks that LO has had the last couple of years. TayDay80 Mikey Bright was an outstanding back at Mayfield but he was a much better Linebacker than Rb. His son i think will be a better offensive player. Watch out for Mayfields 7th grade qb Nate Fox got a good arm and can run going to be a good one.
FlashFan Wrote:I totally agree with you about #8. I coach at Lone Oak and a KYMSFA Board Member and thought so much of your son that I nominated him for all-state. I hope he gets along my players and The deserving Paducah's Players.

Good luck in the playoffs and I hope all of our conference teams make it to Lexington!

I want to really thank you guys for putting together the conferences and the getting an organization together for middle school football to compete. Wish we had raised the funds to get our 7th grade there as i believe we would have competed really well. The West Ky conference website is always updated and has a good layout the state organization needs to utilize the same format
I agree with you about the 7th grade. Mayfield would be a really tough out in the 7th grade because #32 is a man. I would nominate him for all-state if I knew his name.

I appreciate you saying something nice about the website because I put a lot of time in to keep it up to date. As the comissioner of our conference the past 8 years I am very proud of the hard work all of the coaches have put in to make our conference first rate.
FlashFan Wrote:I agree with you about the 7th grade. Mayfield would be a really tough out in the 7th grade because #32 is a man. I would nominate him for all-state if I knew his name.

I appreciate you saying something nice about the website because I put a lot of time in to keep it up to date. As the comissioner of our conference the past 8 years I am very proud of the hard work all of the coaches have put in to make our conference first rate.

Well after tooling around trying to find info on some of the other teams in the playoffs. I will tell you nobody is putting the effort into their site that our conference is. 32 is Shauntres Tyler he is as good a 7th grade rb i have seen. I also really like number 30 Dariontae Murrell son of Danny Kirby one of the best at Mayfield in the late 80s early 90s. Number 15 Nate Fox is another never played QB before this year and started out the year a little shakey from a basketball knee injury but by the end of the year showed his old speed and when he develops touch will be a good passer to. Wish we had 7 or 8 more kids to help with depth at the end of the season i think we only dressed 16 one to 12 we are really solid and man we are big and fast just low on numbers. Dont know the 7th grader from Heaths name plays linebacker and fullback but man that kid hit like a mac truck.
The kid from Heath is Skyler Mayes man he is going to be a good one tough runner at fb and big hitter on D.
Mayfield's 8th grade defense is very good and they fly to the ball. The defense is anchored in the middle by #5 Kincer Arnett #11 Kyle Hurt #55 workman # 59 Brown # 43 Micah Brimer. We have 3 other players that can cover and hit as well they are #8 trajon Bright # 7 Antone and our QB also plays defense and he can play LB or DB that's # 2 Landon Arnett. This is a great group of kids that is football smart.
FlashFan Wrote:I totally agree with you about #8. I coach at Lone Oak and a KYMSFA Board Member and thought so much of your son that I nominated him for all-state. I hope he gets along my players and The deserving Paducah's Players.

I would just like to thank you for what you do for the kids in our area.
I really think some are missing what we have. While Trajon is a great back in the making, that isn't near all we have in that class. This is the first class I can remember in many years with depth. If you look we have several kids that would be stand out players at other schools. We have at least 9 kids that I can think of that will absolutely hit you, no matter how big or small you are. We have depth at the line. We have depth at qb. We have depth at all the skill positions. We also probably have the smartest bunch of kids I have seen in one collection. I think this speaks very well for us in the future. I really feel good about our chances against teams close to our own size in this tournament.
TayDay80 saw in another post that ur boy was number 44 for Puducah. He looked like a good ball player. Who was big ol 96 for the 7th grade my son doesnt see kids who can go pound for pound with him often my boy goes about 5ft9 and about 300lb. 96 had to be pushing those numbers. Pretty agile to be snapping the ball.
I agree with that. That kid is Micheal Barnes he is 6'1" don't know the weight I would say 275lbs
96 is one of the twins. dont know their names.michael barnes is #77.
bleedblue81 Wrote:96 is one of the twins. dont know their names.michael barnes is #77.

Your right that is big twin, but he is not agile not even a little.
TayDay80 Wrote:Your right that is big twin, but he is not agile not even a little.

Dont guess guess agile is the right word. Maybe limber for a big fella it looked like he carried most of his weight below his waist and to be able to snap the ball effectively at close to 300 lb is something. Dont think he was 6ft1 tho my boy was 5ft9.5 at his physical and 96 looked ad even with him if he was taller it couldnt have been more than an inch. Those big guys may not be agile but you just didnt run up the middle on Mayfields 7th grade. The coaches really worked our line with ladder drills and my sons footwork was so much better by the end of the season.
In that case it was big twin he is about 5'7" 300lbs +.
Well guys, it is almost time for me to go watch my son take a beating from one of those teams that have to be better than us, since they come from the east of us. He seemed scared to go to the game today when I told him how far east of us Owensboro is, because he has heard how much better they grow them over that way. Say a prayer for us please.
I just want to say how proud we are of the middle school team. They have come a long way and i believe that they are bound for greatness. I want to thank the community and all the parents, grandparents, and so on for the support and commintment. The coaches have done a wonderful job of showing these boys how to play football with even the toughest teams. The have waited paitently for my son to learn and become a great lineman. I'm super proud to wear the cardinal shirt with pride. Way to go Cards!!!!!
When and where is their next game? Good Luck Cards!! Hope they get to play the Butler County team, heard they are unstoppable!!
Well if you listen to the guys from the east we are just paper champions and havent played anyone, I guess cause our competition has been from the west. We did a little better this week though, we played a team that is from quiet a bit east of us. They must have something going on over there because it was a hard fought 44-6 win for us. We now have to play Caldwell County in Princeton, which is also to the east of us. That is this Saturday, I don't know of a time yet. If we win that we will most likely play Butler County, Coach Joe may want to look into bringing our varsity to that game though, I heard they are the real deal and may beat up on Murray State or UK this year.
mysonis55 Wrote:Well if you listen to the guys from the east we are just paper champions and havent played anyone, I guess cause our competition has been from the west. We did a little better this week though, we played a team that is from quiet a bit east of us. They must have something going on over there because it was a hard fought 44-6 win for us. We now have to play Caldwell County in Princeton, which is also to the east of us. That is this Saturday, I don't know of a time yet. If we win that we will most likely play Butler County, Coach Joe may want to look into bringing our varsity to that game though, I heard they are the real deal and may beat up on Murray State or UK this year.

Isnt Butler County the team that people on another site call the bearded wonders. lol! Of course from what i hear the all mighty East middle schoolers drive to school and dont have to worry anymore about getting carded when they buy their cigarettes. Relax just kidding i just lived about 35 miles from Sommerset and it was part of my sales territory lets just say i am not in the dark about the liberal views of age limits East of Lexington.
Cards @ Caldwell County 5:30 Saturday
Hey 55, isn't most of the teams in this thing East of you...LOL
Mayfield vs. Caldwel County is Thursday @ 5:30
Warrior Grandpa Wrote:Hey 55, isn't most of the teams in this thing East of you...LOL

Not 55 but there are a handful west of us. Lol! I do know why 55 is frustrated there has been some serious disrespect of the teams from the west and people who make comments like they are fact. Truth is this whole Middle School state title is relatively new. There really isnt enough true history to just assume the west is weak and we play a weak schedule. That is just not true. You dont get 800 hs wins and rank in the top 10 nationally in wins win 8 state titles and have 9 runnerup finishes without a quality youth and middle school program. It was mostly one or two people and there is noway anybody out East knows how good a west team is. Lone Oak is the only team that could beat Mayfield 8th grade and it was a hard hitting war. Lone Oak throws the ball as good as any middle school team i have ever seen and has good speed they not win the big school division i dont know but the team that beats them had better be huge and fast upfront cause if that qb gets time he will pick you apart. Now that being said Mayfield playing in the small school division just destroyed Owensb Cath with Mayfield didnt play in the tourney last year so the small school division has never seen them so to just assume an east team is going to beat a small school powerhouse like Mayfield is foolish. As for 7th grade we didnt raise the money for our 7th to compete in the tourney but we beat the 2 teams that is representing the far west in the playoff Calloway county 35 to 6 and Lone Oak 42 to 0. So you guys are not seeing the best 7th grade team from this area in the tournament.
My mistake Game is 5:30 Thurs not Sat but is in Princeton
Pages: 1 2