Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: KYMSFA Regions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Are the region teams listed yet? The deadline was September 15 to turn in paperwork and dues. Wondering if anyone has seen it yet????
If what I am hearing is true it appears they are stacking one Region. Seems like to me they are trying to take care of certain teams.
Saw email yesterday that said it would be sent out later this week.
Why would the KYMSFA move N & S Pulaski in to the same district as, Bell, Whitley, Knox, and Johnson County?
Probably because they play in the same conference. (With the exception of Johnson.)
That conf was started this year after they were moved into the region, makes me wonder if western part of the state didn't get tired of losing to them. Bowling Green area is closer than Johnson County is to the Pulaskis. KMSFA is a great thing for middle school, but these things seem suspicious, I highly doubt the pulaskis county teams would have been moved if they hadn't of won three of the 4 possible championships last year. Region 4 championship is harder to win than a state title for the other regions.
Could be....mine was just a guess.
They are suspicious. They move arguably the 4 or 5 strongest teams into the same region so Central and Western teams make it to the finals. Would be great if we could ever get to see a final four with the true best teams there instead of 2-3 of them beating each other out before hand.
OK so when and where are these games being played? Who has the bracket for the state tourney?
JCMS can travel to the Lexington (Centarl KY) / Louisville ( Northern KY) area faster and safer then we can travel to Pulask County. It's over 3 hours ride on a bus.
Johnson and Knox are 3. Hours away from each other but both are less than two from lex. The regions need re-done. And for the poster asking where the map is, we are going by who we know we're moved and the past brackets.
Why not split the Pulaskis up. I would like to see them meet in the championship game.
I think the region map needs to be redrawn. Also when a team is an 8 seed they should have to play the one seed, no matter the distance. Because if the regions are so split up that week night games aren't possible then they should be in different regions. 3 hour drives shouldnt have to happen. We shouldn't need three divisions for 60 teams
Does anyone know when playoff brackets will be out?
Where is the regional layout map found? Sounds like certain teams know where they are being moved? Is there a link or website page?
It seems like we have this conversation every year. Just want to quickly address the comments about the favoritism.

I can PERSONALLY assure you that there are no efforts to adjust who plays whom. We have an impartial committee made up of board members (who do not coach) who assign these games based on the published point system. Every member coach has this information available to them and you can see for yourself by going to the 2012 playoff system power point on our website. All of these items we voted on and agreed upon annually at our membership meeting.

Again, I am on the conference calls and I see the emails between board members and between our member coaches. While many of you are concerned with maybe a certain team or a certain conference, we (the KMSFA) take the whole state and EVERY member with the same importance.

We appreciate your patience. We are working as dilligently as possible to assemble the brackets. First round play in games will be 10/9. The brackets will be posted in plenty of time for teams to make arrangements to play on this night.

As always, we appreciate your continued support of middle school football in our Commonwealth.

Sincerely and respectfully,
JT BASS - KMSFA
Thanks for the reply, we are super excited can't wait!
when you say first round play in games, are you suggesting that these teams have to play a game in order to make the first round? If so, how many of these games are going to be played in each region? Also in word on how many teams are going to be in the playoffs for each division? Specifically division 1.
KMSFA2 Wrote:It seems like we have this conversation every year. Just want to quickly address the comments about the favoritism.

I can PERSONALLY assure you that there are no efforts to adjust who plays whom. We have an impartial committee made up of board members (who do not coach) who assign these games based on the published point system. Every member coach has this information available to them and you can see for yourself by going to the 2012 playoff system power point on our website. All of these items we voted on and agreed upon annually at our membership meeting.

Again, I am on the conference calls and I see the emails between board members and between our member coaches. While many of you are concerned with maybe a certain team or a certain conference, we (the KMSFA) take the whole state and EVERY member with the same importance.

We appreciate your patience. We are working as dilligently as possible to assemble the brackets. First round play in games will be 10/9. The brackets will be posted in plenty of time for teams to make arrangements to play on this night.

As always, we appreciate your continued support of middle school football in our Commonwealth.

Sincerely and respectfully,
JT BASS - KMSFA
When will we know who were playing
when the playoff bracket be reless i play for westport in Louisville Ky
Mayfield is playing Owensboro Catholic in our first game.
:HitWall:Hmmm, 5 days until games start and still no brackets.
Brackets have been posted on a separate thread.

Good luck to all teams!
still trying to figure out this middle school structure???
I like how the regions played out, my team doesnt have to travel all across the state to play a team. Its nice to keep the teams to a local area in early rounds and then have them travel in the later
They are out now. But you won't be able to see them until you have 5 approved posts. It is in a different thread.
This is our first year getting involved with this playoff system. So far, everything seems very well organized, only finding a playoff bracket has turned out to be a chore.
@KMSFA2 - Could you tell me as a coach where else these brackets can be found other than having to get 5 posts approved on this forum?
Coach_Lockwood Wrote:I like how the regions played out, my team doesnt have to travel all across the state to play a team. Its nice to keep the teams to a local area in early rounds and then have them travel in the later

Ate you at Westpoint? I could see how you would "like" the way the brackets turned out. Getting a 1 seed and opposite Region 4. Didn't Southern Pulaski beat you by 30+ already this year? Wouldn't make for a very pretty championship game.
We are excited about our boy being a top seed. Can't wait. Great job on bracket can't believe people are crying cause they have to play a tough team early.
Pages: 1 2