Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: BCS expanding to five games
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I like the idea...what do you all think?

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2420529
I don't like it..
I still think playoffs would be better.
I would be a fan of the playoffs. I don't think another game is gonna help anything.
I say throw 64 teams in it like college basketball and let em play for the title. Make it more interesting imo.
I like the original idea, but they should make the game the #1 and #2 BCS teams after the Jan. 1 bowls, and play it the next week....
yeah the whole bowl scene gets on my nerves...there should never be a share of a nat'l title
They need a four or eight team playoff, but at least there's going to be a National Title game with a clear National Champion, even if some people disagree
I dont beleive that a playoff system or a field of 64 would work in college football because it would take some of the fun out of it. Bowl games give small schools a chance to have a title of a bowl game winner. A playoff system or a field would not give them that chance.
golfman42 Wrote:I dont beleive that a playoff system or a field of 64 would work in college football because it would take some of the fun out of it. Bowl games give small schools a chance to have a title of a bowl game winner. A playoff system or a field would not give them that chance.

Have playoffs and then have bowl games for teams that didn't make the playoffs
8 team playoff, all 4 first round games could be played like the rose, fiesta, sugar, and orange bowl, the semifinal and national title game could be played at one of the four bowl sites and could be rotated yearly....all other bowls could still exist...GENIUS
corndog23 Wrote:8 team playoff, all 4 first round games could be played like the rose, fiesta, sugar, and orange bowl, the semifinal and national title game could be played at one of the four bowl sites and could be rotated yearly....all other bowls could still exist...GENIUS
Great idea my intellectlual friend:thumpsup:
It really dosn't bother me, because I like watcing every bowl game cause they're eveyone exciting !
I like the playoff idea instead of just adding another game
blackcat_student Wrote:It really dosn't bother me, because I like watcing every bowl game cause they're eveyone exciting !
same here
Shit put all the teams that make to the post season and have the playoffs, if they cant win and go on they dont need to be there and then the best team at the end is the BEST team and not what they want it to be,. and who they want it to be, it works at all levels then why not the D-1 level of college football.
corndog23 Wrote:8 team playoff, all 4 first round games could be played like the rose, fiesta, sugar, and orange bowl, the semifinal and national title game could be played at one of the four bowl sites and could be rotated yearly....all other bowls could still exist...GENIUS
i have been sayin the exact same thing forever... we need to work for the NCAA and the BCS to get this shit fixed.
they need to make a playoff out of it
I agree with everyone, a playoff system is needed.
BurntTires Wrote:I agree with everyone, a playoff system is needed.

But it probly won't happen because they say the Bowl games bring in so many dead presidents. I think they should have each round be a Bowl Game, and just try to make it as big as possible to generate money
Okay, the whole bowl game thing lasts for a whole month anyways, so why not make a 16 team playoff? This would cover a full month of December through January, right when all the bowls are played. I'm tired of the same big schools winning every year, i wanna see some team get upset or some team make a cinderella run and win it all!!!
ComeFlyWithMe Wrote:Okay, the whole bowl game thing lasts for a whole month anyways, so why not make a 16 team playoff? This would cover a full month of December through January, right when all the bowls are played. I'm tired of the same big schools winning every year, i wanna see some team get upset or some team make a cinderella run and win it all!!!

Never looked at it considering all those variables, I agree with you though:Cheerlead
they should take the top 4 teams
Battle Tested Wrote:they should take the top 4 teams

They need at least 8 because 4 would be leaving out good teams, so would 8, but 8's at least still getting teams that have a legitimate argument for number 1