Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Bell Co 42 Whitley Co 6
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Just as I predicted...running clock by half. Keep up the good work Bell. GO BOBCATS!
Congratulations on the win Bell.
whitley co 7th 34 bell 8th minus #32 6 . ROLL COLONELS
Colonelking are you on crack, we played kids that have never seen the field, Coach let 3 or 4 8th graders play a few plays at different posistions. We dont play 7th grade and dont get your hopes up to much about next year, we have about 10 of those kids that played 8th grade that are holding back, just saying.
CatBlue Wrote:Colonelking are you on crack, we played kids that have never seen the field, Coach let 3 or 4 8th graders play a few plays at different posistions. We dont play 7th grade and dont get your hopes up to much about next year, we have about 10 of those kids that played 8th grade that are holding back, just saying.

Ask LT crack kills!!!!!!!!!!! 10 holdbacks next year sounds like the Pulaski schools. Be very careful waiting until 8th grade because the KYMSFA will eventually but a stop to holdbacks playing during holdback year. It may be next year!!!!!!!!
Then I guess teams that have hold backs will just have to not join the Kymsfa if they're gonna punish kids for holding back by not letting them play!!! :pondering:
footballfever Wrote:Ask LT crack kills!!!!!!!!!!! 10 holdbacks next year sounds like the Pulaski schools. Be very careful waiting until 8th grade because the KYMSFA will eventually but a stop to holdbacks playing during holdback year. It may be next year!!!!!!!!

I've never seen more than 3 or 4 holdbacks at Northern in one year. If it's not in middle school, it'll be done in 5th or 6th grade. It will still happen regardless. What's the difference?
Wildcat18 Wrote:I've never seen more than 3 or 4 holdbacks at Northern in one year. If it's not in middle school, it'll be done in 5th or 6th grade. It will still happen regardless. What's the difference?

Just guessing but the difference would be they will hold back in 5th or 6th and not middle? Is that right?
snapcat91 Wrote:Then I guess teams that have hold backs will just have to not join the Kymsfa if they're gonna punish kids for holding back by not letting them play!!! :pondering:

That may be true but the vast majority of schools will follow the rule which will leave those few with no one to play and no championship to play for.
I personally dont think a student needs to graduate at 17 or just turning 18, but to hold back 10 boys in 8th grade so they can have a better football team is a little out there.
Nobody said all the boys that are staying back are 8th graders. Only 2 or 3 are 8th graders that are only 13 yrs old, which is too young to be going into high school period!!
footballfever Wrote:Ask LT crack kills!!!!!!!!!!! 10 holdbacks next year sounds like the Pulaski schools. Be very careful waiting until 8th grade because the KYMSFA will eventually but a stop to holdbacks playing during holdback year. It may be next year!!!!!!!!
Finally after years of trying to get it done the Pulaski school system allows parents to make the decision on what is right for their child. I chose to hold mine back and he is better for it. He is a good student and that did not change and he was already a good football player and he has gotten better . The truth is every school that makes runs deep into the High School playoffs have kids that have been retained. Just a smart move on people who like football and want to see their teams do well. For all of you who disagree then so be it, but as long as it is legal to do so it is going to happen !:popcorn:
When bell was recognizing the 8th graders all but 5 kids walked through the flowers. So were did the rest come from.......
Oh yea any kids that hold back in 8th grade this year will not be eligible to play next year. That rule has already in effect.
meat loaf Wrote:Finally after years of trying to get it done the Pulaski school system allows parents to make the decision on what is right for their child. I chose to hold mine back and he is better for it. He is a good student and that did not change and he was already a good football player and he has gotten better . The truth is every school that makes runs deep into the High School playoffs have kids that have been retained. Just a smart move on people who like football and want to see their teams do well. For all of you who disagree then so be it, but as long as it is legal to do so it is going to happen !:popcorn:

I agree, I held mine back also, but to boast we are going to beat you next year cause we are holding 10 kids back is to me a little to much. That appears to me to be strickly for athletic purposes. Show me their Explorer scores this year and next and let's see if they have 5-10% improvement or better.
colonelking69 Wrote:Oh yea any kids that hold back in 8th grade this year will not be eligible to play next year. That rule has already in effect.

I thought this was coming but had not seen anything official.
colonelking69 Wrote:When bell was recognizing the 8th graders all but 5 kids walked through the flowers. So were did the rest come from.......

First of all Bell has never claimed to have a 7th grade team. That is why we call it our B team. We simply do not have enough players to have a 7th grade team and an 8th grade team. You may have seen some 8th graders walk through the line that played on the B team, but they aren't starters on the A team. We have several that start for the A team that are truly in 7th grade. Our coach did play some of them in the second game, but at other positions just to see how they would do....and again they are in 7th grade. If we would have played all of our starters except #32, as you have insinuated, do you really think your 7th grade would have beat us considering how bad your 8th grade team lost?
freeagent Wrote:First of all Bell has never claimed to have a 7th grade team. That is why we call it our B team. We simply do not have enough players to have a 7th grade team and an 8th grade team. You may have seen some 8th graders walk through the line that played on the B team, but they aren't starters on the A team. We have several that start for the A team that are truly in 7th grade. Our coach did play some of them in the second game, but at other positions just to see how they would do....and again they are in 7th grade. If we would have played all of our starters except #32, as you have insinuated, do you really think your 7th grade would have beat us considering how bad your 8th grade team lost?
I have never understood how Bell County (A football school) can not have a 7th grade team.
wow. if we're gonna allow holdbacks i say congrats bell . i say if the rule is what it is keep it the same. nothing gonna change . everybody else did it a yr or two early. who cares. the only rule that would actually change this dynamics would be no holdbacks and that aint changing so go bell do your thing. it all for athletic purposes why else would we hold mass kids back and go to parents and so hey"your kid needs to holdbaack he has been choosen."
Major rule change is about to happen, and it will seriously effect the holdback schools...
footballfever Wrote:That may be true but the vast majority of schools will follow the rule which will leave those few with no one to play and no championship to play for.
I personally dont think a student needs to graduate at 17 or just turning 18, but to hold back 10 boys in 8th grade so they can have a better football team is a little out there.

[quote=BIG RN]wow. if we're gonna allow holdbacks i say congrats bell . i say if the rule is what it is keep it the same. nothing gonna change . everybody else did it a yr or two early. who cares. the only rule that would actually change this dynamics would be no holdbacks and that aint changing so go bell do your thing. it all for athletic purposes why else would we hold mass kids back and go to parents and so hey"your kid needs to holdbaack he
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Major rule change is about to happen, and it will seriously effect the holdback schools...

I guess all the Whitley Faithful are forgetting that they have holdbacks too!! I know for a fact they have a bunch! What about last years Zach Mills?? O how soon we forget, but did you hear any Bell, Knox, or Pulaski people crying about Whitley holding kids back?? NO!!! QUIT CRYING, and do what's best for your kids, whether it be hold your kid back or not! It's each parents and kids decision and no one elses!!!
Dalton Sizemore from a couple years ago held back in 8th grade. Whitley has always had holdbacks. They are down this year and have to find an excuse to why.
I COULD CARELESS HOLDBACKS OR NO HOLDBACKS. ITS LEGAL, I AM UPSET THAT THE PLAYING FIELD IS UNLEVEL BUT APPARENTLY ITS BEEN THIS WAY FOR YEARS. JEFFERSON COUNTY DOES NOT ALLOW HOLDBACKS BUT IF THEY DID THE BALANCE OF POWER WOULD NOT REST IN THE MOUNTAINS. MANY OF THE TEAMS THAT HAVE HAD THESE HOLDBACKS MAY HAVE HAD THIS FOR A COUPLE OF YRS. IF THIS PHANTOM RULE EXSIST IT WILL PENALIZE THE KIDS. I DONT CARE WHO HAS THEM IF YOU AGREE OR DISAGREE BUT THIS WILL HAVE TO BE PHASED OUT OR THE PEOPLE WE HAVE THIS LEAGUE FOR WILL BE PENALIZED FOR THE ACTIONS OF THEIR PARENTS. I DONT TELL ANY KID HEY I CANT STAND YOUR PARENT SO YOU CANT PLAY FOR ME. THE LOVE OF THIS GREAT MAN'EM UP GAME AND WATCH YOUNG MEN USE PASSION AND DRIVE TO GET BETTER AND FIGHT FOR A COMMON GOAL IS WHAT I AM IN THIS FOR. PLEASE NO MORE HOLDBACKS , NO HOLDBACKS. SOME US REALIZE THIS IS A MUTE POINT SO LETS LEAVE IT ALONE.:HitWall:
I have a son and I will hold him back... if my son is discreminated against because of his age I will sue... period. This is apparently an age issue. I look forward to the law suit. It does not matter if I hold back my son due to athletics, academics, religious reasons..etc. The point is I know that an organization that takes money from a public enitity such as a school can not discreminate. Now if the legislature makes this a law, then so be it, but it has not. So, if this does happen, please PM and I will put you in touch with my attorney.
zach mills did not get heldback in 8th grade
You are correct however, the middle school association does not have to allow him play in the state tournament.
RichBrooks Wrote:Dalton Sizemore from a couple years ago held back in 8th grade. Whitley has always had holdbacks. They are down this year and have to find an excuse to why.

Where is Dalton now?
snapcat91 Wrote:I guess all the Whitley Faithful are forgetting that they have holdbacks too!! I know for a fact they have a bunch! What about last years Zach Mills?? O how soon we forget, but did you hear any Bell, Knox, or Pulaski people crying about Whitley holding kids back?? NO!!! QUIT CRYING, and do what's best for your kids, whether it be hold your kid back or not! It's each parents and kids decision and no one elses!!!

Please, we spanked Bell at the middle school level for years. I would love to see the overall record or the record since 95 or 2000. I know we went 7 or 8 straight years without even losing a middle school game, it just didnt translate over into high school.
I honestly dont know of any middle school holdbacks at Whitley playing in high school right now, can you name some?
Here is what folks should try to get a hold of. Hold backs change things for Middle School but for the most part that is where the advantage ends. The truth is all the fuss over middle school is little more than just that - fuss. Big kids like Fannin, for example, who dominate in 8th grade as a hold back may never amount to anything special in Varsity ball. The hold back year gives the kids with a genetic advanatage (size, speed, etc) and extra gear over their peers. But over the years I have seen many sensational 8th graders go on to be NOTHING in Varsity football. And kids who were average in MS emerge as players in HS. From your Freshmen year on it is not about how old you are it is about how much time you put in the weight room and track. Period.

So while everybody loves to win and talk about so and so being an AllState All American 7th or 8th grader - sad news - none of it matters. Not one ounce. Sorry. It just does not. Unitl you have varsity film to submit to colleges showing you can play well against top competition it is all for the parents. College coaches don't care if your 7th grader played in the All American bowl and scored 50 touchdowns in jr school. There exists a firm set of height, weight, speed, and stregnth criteria that you will meet or they will never even read your email. And meeting those numbers only happens with big training not big age. So this issue gets alot of attention but truthfully, it don't matter. Kids who train hard without holding back can meet those numbers (if they are tall enough) without holding back. Hold backs get an extra year to train. That is it.
Pages: 1 2