Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Southern Pulaski @ Northern Pulaski 9/22
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The WARRIORS of Southern Pulaski will travel north to Pulaski County High School to take on the Maroons of Northern Pulaski on September 22nd.

These should be a couple of good games between a couple of good teams.

GO WARRIORS! :Cheerlead
What time will this game be played? This is a state championship game. Best two teams that I have seen this year by far. Contrasting styles southern power vs northern speed.
Game is at 6:00 Most likely played at PC highschool
RichBrooks Wrote:What time will this game be played? This is a state championship game. Best two teams that I have seen this year by far. Contrasting styles southern power vs northern speed.
I like Northern at home by 6.
The 7th grade game begins at 6:00 P.M. The 8th grade game will follow.

The games will be played at Pulaski County High School.

If you want to make predictions on these game, specify which grade. It will be interesting to see what people think.

What was the score of last years 7th grade game. If I remember right it was 40 something to 6. Did northern hold some kids back or have they got that much better. Just wondered because somebody picked northern by 6 and I am assuming they are talking 8th grade
Last year the 7th grade regular season score was 42 to 0 Southern.
I do not remember what the regional score was. (their second meeting) Southern won it.

Northern returned the favor in the 8th grade game though. 56 to 6.

ky playmaker Wrote:What was the score of last years 7th grade game. If I remember right it was 40 something to 6. Did northern hold some kids back or have they got that much better. Just wondered because somebody picked northern by 6 and I am assuming they are talking 8th grade
Yes second game was much closer Northern lead at halftime 8-6. Southern went on to win , dont remember score, but it was much closer than first meeting and yes northern has a few different players this year.:popcorn:
Score will be close no blowouts here unless one teams quits and i don't see that. Coaching is the difference and will see who has there 8th grade team ready and who out coaches who.
Saw both teams a couple times and I think it comes down to Northern's ability to throw against Southern's pressure Defense. I think Northern will struggle to run against them out of the gun but should be able to get some decent yards. Number 4 and 6 from Northern have game breaking speed and if someone misses a tackle they could change the game. Southern on the other hand has the style of offense that starts out getting 4-6 yard runs adn then as the game goes on they start to break a few. Southern is the most physical middle school team I have seen. If northern can complete a few passes and open it up for their run they can win. But I think Southern will be too much to handle on Offense.

My prediction is
Southern 22
Northern 14

This is a potential Regional Champioship preview. Which is a shame really because Region 4 has maybe 3-4 of the best 5-6 teams in the state and only one will get to go to state. The pulaskis leaving region 2 really made Region 4 the region to beat.
RichBrooks Wrote:Saw both teams a couple times and I think it comes down to Northern's ability to throw against Southern's pressure Defense. I think Northern will struggle to run against them out of the gun but should be able to get some decent yards. Number 4 and 6 from Northern have game breaking speed and if someone misses a tackle they could change the game. Southern on the other hand has the style of offense that starts out getting 4-6 yard runs adn then as the game goes on they start to break a few. Southern is the most physical middle school team I have seen. If northern can complete a few passes and open it up for their run they can win. But I think Southern will be too much to handle on Offense.

My prediction is
Southern 22
Northern 14

This is a potential Regional Champioship preview. Which is a shame really because Region 4 has maybe 3-4 of the best 5-6 teams in the state and only one will get to go to state. The pulaskis leaving region 2 really made Region 4 the region to beat.
I think Southern will have trouble running the ball on Northern as well, In my opinion it will come down to field position and turnovers.
Another day closer.

Excitement is building.

GO WARRIORS!:Cheerlead
On paper this game should be a blow out 2allamericans, 5 topgun preformers,last yrs state 7th grade champions. Oh, this game aint played on paper.
We played both teams. Southern is bigger and more physical. Northern has a more modern offense. Not sure Northern will be able to stop Southern.
GAME TIMES HAVE SWITCHED...

The 8th grade will play first at 6:00 P.M.

The 7th grade will follow.

These games are still being played at Pulaski County High School 9/22.

GAME DAY IS UPON US!

I hope we have good clean injury-free games today!

Of course I would also like 2 wins for the south side today as well...

Keep Us updated if possible!
26-22 Southern wins 8th grade game.
Scores

8th grade 26 Southern Pulaski 22 Northern Pulaski
This was a tough played game. That's all I have to say about that.

7th grade 38 Southern Pulaski 8 Northern Pulaski

Keep working. Keep rolling Warriors!

Next up for Southern Pulaski will be Bell County on 9/27. It will be 8th grade night for Southern.

Drove 2 and a half hours to watch these games and i would say it was well worth the time. Must be the game to see i saw coaches from bell, corbin, johnson,all getting there scout on very well played by both teams. Good crowd everything you would want to see had a great time. Pulaski county should be proud of all four of these teams.
Southern had no trouble running tonight seventh grade was really impressive against the much bigger northern
After a 42-0 game the first time these two played last season, then a 34-22 final in the playoffs the 2nd meeting last year...and now a 4 point difference last Saturday, Northern has shown massive improvements over the last year. Southern currently has the number, but I look forward to the next meeting in the playoffs. It could get interesting. If you all missed this showdown, you missed some great football. The crowd was electric and surpassed what a lot of high school games in this state attempt on Friday nights. Thanks to all who came out in support and congrats to Southern on their big wins. Good luck to both teams the rest of the way!
The South shall rise again!
the westport warhawk southern they are good
Looking forward to watching the rematch between Northern and Southern in the playoffs!
What day is the rematch?
A lot of great players on oth these teams
Good luck 7th and 8th grade teams on your title quest.......