Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Southern Pulaski vs New Harlan 9/8 @ Bell
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Southern Pulaski vs New Harlan @ Bell County in the Dallas Skidmore Bowl 9/8.

I have not heard anything about New Harlan's team.
Can anybody provide some info on them. I am just curious as to what their record is and who they have played so far.

GO WARRIORS! :Cheerlead
New Harlan is really good....undefeated & they play smash mouth football
HC FAN Wrote:New Harlan is really good....undefeated & they play smash mouth football
Well for their sake I hope they are good. who have they played? I have been all over the state watching games over the past three years and i can tell you the best two middle school teams i have seen are both from Pulaski county- Nortern and Southern.
HC FAN Wrote:New Harlan is really good....undefeated & they play smash mouth football

Southern will name the score. They, along with northern, are head and shoulders above the rest in this area.
Been around football for a long time & if Southern can just name the score against New Harlan then go ahead and crown them.
What was the final in this one ?
It's saturday, if someone can best southern then they are a really good team. Southern Pulaski is one of the best middle school teams I have seen in many years
I see that it's on the 8th now after I posted lol. Unless Harlan is playing on bringing the JV team I don't see this one being close.
Does harlan have the extra yr in middle school? If they do should be a good ball game if not. Your team will be sorely out manned. This group is big for a group of true 14 yr olds.. Good luck i hope its a good ballgame and everyone stays safe
BIG RN Wrote:Does harlan have the extra yr in middle school? If they do should be a good ball game if not. Your team will be sorely out manned. This group is big for a group of true 14 yr olds.. Good luck i hope its a good ballgame and everyone stays safe
Just wondering what a true 14 year old is/ Is it different than a regular 14 year old? :thatsfunnConfusednicker:
Looking forward to this game. If Harlan is as good as some on here say, this could be a very good game. Southern has an excellent team and is very physical. They will be tough to beat. Should be a good day for football
New Harlan is a very solid team every year. They pull from about 5 elementary schools in Harlan Co.
meat loaf Wrote:Well for their sake I hope they are good. who have they played? I have been all over the state watching games over the past three years and i can tell you the best two middle school teams i have seen are both from Pulaski county- Nortern and Southern.

Southern is definitely one of the best teams in 8th grade football and should be considered the favorite to win the Division 1 championship. However, I don't think they are the same caliber of team as the previous three back to back state champions (Bowling Green, Corbin, and Northern Pulaski).
It is getting closer to game time. I am anxious.

I too want a safe day of football for everybody.

True 14 yr olds as compared to 13 yrs olds everywhere else in the state. No offense its the rules and your legal dont be so touchy. It is what it is.
Scores for today.

8th grade
Southern Pulaski 30 New Harlan 8

7th grade
Southern Pulaski 38 New Harlan 16

Southern very impressive again offensively and defensively. 21 and 40 had few big runs. Their 53 defense is very aggressive and physical. This was a physical mountain football game. Southern wore them down and ran away with it.
meat loaf Wrote:Just wondering what a true 14 year old is/ Is it different than a regular 14 year old? :thatsfunnConfusednicker:
The question is about hold-backs. Many teams in this area are full of kids who will turn 15 in the 8th grade instead of 14. S. Pul and N. Pul as well as Knox and Bell are well known for having many athletes who are intentionally "held back" for another year of school and sports. This gets hotly debated.

I am a fan of hold backs as long as the kid is eligible for his senior year of football. If, on the other hand, a middle school is playing kids who turn 16 in the 8th grade and thus will not be eligible his seniro year of sports - that is a tragedy. And it should be dealt with.
I agree totally and to my knowledge Bell Co. has never had a player turn 16 in the 8th grade!!! That would be wrong and unfair for the kid!!!!
snapcat91 Wrote:I agree totally and to my knowledge Bell Co. has never had a player turn 16 in the 8th grade!!! That would be wrong and unfair for the kid!!!!
Neither does either Pulaski team.
The truth is we can all say anything we want about kids age for Middle School football. There is no governing body that ensures age appropriate kids are playing. I have no idea how old all of the kids who play for Knox are but I think they are all eligible come their senior year. And that is the problem with all middle school teams - nobody knows who is playing.

Football is now under much scrutiny for head injuries. I would think it would be worthwhile for coaches to have to submit a roster that includes a birth certificate just like Little League baseball. And Jr Football. The health of a kid is worth protecting.