Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: KYMSFA - Registration Deadline Sept 15, 2012
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
KYMSFA Registration Deadline for the 2012 season is Sept 15, 2012.

If you have questions, please post below or contact a KYMSFA Board member.
does the KYMSFA have a web site
How many teams make the state tournament in each division?
I found out yesterday that the North Laurel teams have too many games to paticipate in the KYMSFA. I wonder how many teams out there have too many and registered anyway.
Belfry0304 Wrote:How many teams make the state tournament in each division?

With the play in round this year I think its 10 per region but I will have to double check that to be sure.
JagSwag Wrote:I found out yesterday that the North Laurel teams have too many games to paticipate in the KYMSFA. I wonder how many teams out there have too many and registered anyway.

Not sure what you mean by to many games. Did their conference fill out and submit the exception form to the 10 game limit for conferences that hold a playoff?
plantmanky Wrote:Not sure what you mean by to many games. Did their conference fill out and submit the exception form to the 10 game limit for conferences that hold a playoff?

We play 10 not counting any conference playoff games. Too many bowl games this year, 4. We even had one game cancelled, Caudill.

We are 4-1 with Clay Co, Rockcastle, Foley, South Laurel, and Corbin remaining on our regular season schedule. Then the conference playoffs.
plantmanky Wrote:With the play in round this year I think its 10 per region but I will have to double check that to be sure.

How many regions are there? I know Belfry registered but we are not part of any conference, I believe that makes us an independent and was just wondering how it works.
4 Regions total, It will all depend on your point average.
Any word if Letcher teams will play in it?
No Letcher teams have registered to my knowledge
what division is Bell Co. in
Cats02 Wrote:what division is Bell Co. in

Division 1 in Region 4
plantmanky Wrote:Division 1 in Region 4

Are the regions the same as last year?
MR. Slate Wrote:Are the regions the same as last year?

Not exactly there was some realignment that took place. I hope to have the regional map done soon after all registrations are complete.
How does the 7th grade portion of the playoffs work?
I'd still like to know how many "independents" get in, so I know what kind of chance Belfry has of making it. 7-0 thus far, though! Smile
Cardfan1 Wrote:How does the 7th grade portion of the playoffs work?

It is all based on the points average from the Win Loss reports that teams must file.

This year 7th grade will be 8-10 teams per region.
Belfry0304 Wrote:I'd still like to know how many "independents" get in, so I know what kind of chance Belfry has of making it. 7-0 thus far, though! Smile

No set #. Teams that get in will be based on their points average from the Win Loss Reports that they submit later in the year.
From my understanding they get in on points average. 10 pts for small d3 school, 20 pts for middle d2, and 30 for large d3. Add it up and divide it by the number of games and then pray that your average is higher than the others that didn't make it in through conference championships.
Does that mean there is no set # of teams that will be in the tournament?
36 in each division I think. Play in games allow 4 extra teams in.
Belfry0304 Wrote:Does that mean there is no set # of teams that will be in the tournament?

10 Teams per Region per Division is the Max, Some regions do not have 10 teams per division, therefore all would get in, some have more than 10 and not all would get in.
I was close
So who is in Belfry's region in our division (which I think is D2)
Talk that I am hearing is that South Pulaski, North Pulaski, Bell, Whitley , Knox, and Johnson County will be in the same district. After I checked distance on Map-quest I can not understand the logic of this move can someone explain this to me so I can understand. Thank You.
From Pulaski to Bowling Green is 1:48 min. or 111 miles
From Pulaski to Paintsville (Johnson County Middle School) 3:15 min. or 171 miles
From Pulaski to Farnsley is 1:55 min. or 115 miles
From Pulaski to Scott High School ( Union) 2:35 min. or 156 miles

Just looking at the distance it appears if this combining of district 3 and 4 happen it will be done for some other reason than geographic location.
It's definitely fishy that the defending 7th and 8th grade got moved to a new division. Same way that Whitley co, who made the championship game, got moved last year after they played as a region 2 team all year. Kmsfa has been fantastic for middle school but there is still a litttle buddy ball going on at the top. As reflected by the right list wrong list controversy.
If the above move is made it would put Whitley, JCHS, North Pulaski, South Pulaski, Summerset, Paintsville and Sheldon Clark who was in the finals last year in the same district. Summer Set, Paintsville, Sheldon Clark would be in difference classes but same district. However, that would leave 5 of the top teams in the same class and same district. That does not look got for the KYMSFA.
Unless something has changed very recently both pulaskis have been moved to region 4 division 1
Pages: 1 2