Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Allan Hatcher steps down from Perry Central
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
HD28 Wrote:Everybody is talking about Spurlock "bringing" Johnson with him. Anybody else see this as shady or lacking in morals? Very disturbing to hear this kind of talk. At least to me.

If you win with after a transfer that was shady or lacking in morals...
Does it still count? Hate the game, bubby. We just do what we gotta do.
Can't say this is a huge surprise...
Saw on Facebook that a former Cardinal player said that the Martin County school system ran Spurlock off. Not the case at all as this was his choice to leave, he had the support of administration. Spurlock opted to leave on his own.
If Justin does transfer, I hope people will leave him alone. Any kid has to do what they feel is best for them. This is a good kid who doesn't deserve any crap no matter what he chooses.
Whatever he chooses I wish him nothing but the best. He deserves it. Where ever he ends up, whether it be a new school, or if he stays put, will be getting, a smart kid, and a heck of a basketball player.
Since Johnson is coming, this makes the hire a A+ grade IMO. Great snag PCC.
ballboy Wrote:Not sure if Johnson is coming i was told he was, But to hire Spurlock well to a lot of people thats a bad hire and people are intitled to their own opion but if you cant win at Clay,Co and I dont think he made the regional tournament at Clay and had 2 kids from Perry with him on their teams hes not very consistant one of the favorites last year in the 15th lost in first round to ER. Someone said Tim Riley at Warren,Cent was interested out of 9 years their in the 4th region he went 8 times to the sweet sixteen and won the state championship once and had a bunch of very good teams go figure why Perry couldnt at least give him an interview.

I have no idea if Tim Riley was interested or not, but did post that I didn't understand why his name wasn't mentioned. Spurlock seems to have a good resume and it is always a plus when a coach can possibly bring in more talent, but when asking who the top hs coaches in Kentucky are, it doesn't take long for Tim Riley's name to come up, so in saying that I am still surprised he wasn't involved in some way. Spurlock will do very well I am sure as PCC has a good level of talent returning and if he brings even more talent with him then the sweet 16 is a very reachable goal for sure.
Better recruit more if they wanna beat Breathitt.
Jed Clampett Wrote:Saw on Facebook that a former Cardinal player said that the Martin County school system ran Spurlock off. Not the case at all as this was his choice to leave, he had the support of administration. Spurlock opted to leave on his own.

Sheldon Clark hire Larry James or Shawn Hager?
Coach Hatcher left Perry Central because the Chapmanville,WV job is available because legendary coach Harry Kirk resigned. Coach Hatcher is interested in the job because he wants to be closer to his family. Reports say that he has been hired but to my knowledge he hasn't as of yet. But Coach Hatcher is interested.

According to a source that I have Spurlock as of right now is still the coach at Sheldon Clark.
Hey ballboy, you need to get your facts straight. Spurlock won the district every year while he was at Clay Co. In fact, counting his last season at Hazard in 2006, which was the year he won region, he's been to the regional toruney 7 seasons in a row. Won 6 district championships in that span. And out of those 7 seasons, he was the favorite only twice to get out of the district. 2010 at Clay. And 2012 at SC. All the other years it was either NL, or Jackson Co., or PCC, or JC, or Paintsville. And the only year he was favored to do anything in the region was this past season, and in my opinion got the toughest draw by going against the team with the most talent in the region individually. And for 3 out of 5 games in the post season, ER showed they were the most talented. Pikeville and JC just shot lights out against in the district and region finals. In the 13th, Corbin and SL were the top teams hand down. It was a distant third to Clay, sorry to say, but true. And at Hazard, for 4 straight years #1 and #2 played in the district with PCC winning 3 and Hazard finally getting by in 2006.

So, before you start telling stories, make sure you get all the facts straight.
Why did he leave Clay,Co? everyone knows you dont leave Clay,Co for Sheldon,Clark can any one answer that, Thats like leaving UK for South Carolina. daredevol4life hes in over his head at Perry.
^ in over his head??? Your crazy.. Hazard and Clay Co aren't cake jobs.. Dealing with Happy at hazard and Bobby Keith at Clay.. JPA can't throw anything at Spurlock that he hasn't already seen..

And yes Clay is a job u leave bc they all think their still the top dog in the 13th but really they aren't..
Strikeout King Wrote:Justin Johnson will be coming with Spurlock to PCC

http://www.bluegrasssportsreport.com/app...n-spurlock

This hire is NOT official yet. The transfer is EXTREMELY questionable at this point. Bluegrass Sports Report is ran by a teenager at Perry Central and although it may get you some PCC news now and again, it is not a credible news source. His source is probably a kid on the team or an assistant, but there is NO chance it is a decision maker. He may be posting stuff that will come to pass, but let me reiterate that Perry Central does not have a basketball coach right now and Justin Johnson is enrolled at Sheldon Clark.
running_clock Wrote:This hire is NOT official yet. The transfer is EXTREMELY questionable at this point. Bluegrass Sports Report is ran by a teenager at Perry Central and although it may get you some PCC news now and again, it is not a credible news source. His source is probably a kid on the team or an assistant, but there is NO chance it is a decision maker. He may be posting stuff that will come to pass, but let me reiterate that Perry Central does not have a basketball coach right now and Justin Johnson is enrolled at Sheldon Clark.

Thats an understatment.
Johnson WILL not be at PCC. Sorry to inform. Only way he leaves Sheldon Clark would be for one of the 11th region powers, and I wouldn't be surprised if they don't come calling now.
D IT UP Wrote:Johnson WILL not be at PCC. Sorry to inform. Only way he leaves Sheldon Clark would be for one of the 11th region powers, and I wouldn't be surprised if they don't come calling now.

How reliable is this info? Is it a guess or first hand? I think Johnson should stay but who does SC get if Spurlock goes? Replacement is a bigger question to Johnson IMO. Replacment could be difference in Johnson staying and going if he was my son.
As of Friday night, that was the latest on the Johnson front.
Kevin Spurlock still isn't the coach of PCC, btw.
running_clock Wrote:If you win with after a transfer that was shady or lacking in morals...
Does it still count? Hate the game, bubby. We just do what we gotta do.

Reinforces a lot of mountain stereotypes.
running_clock Wrote:This hire is NOT official yet. The transfer is EXTREMELY questionable at this point. Bluegrass Sports Report is ran by a teenager at Perry Central and although it may get you some PCC news now and again, it is not a credible news source. His source is probably a kid on the team or an assistant, but there is NO chance it is a decision maker. He may be posting stuff that will come to pass, but let me reiterate that Perry Central does not have a basketball coach right now and Justin Johnson is enrolled at Sheldon Clark.

I'm not saying he's correct or anything but if he is getting his information from a Perry Central Assistant Coach or the Administration, wouldn't they know more about what's going on than any of us on here? Administration is the one's that do all the hiring so they're right in the middle of it and the assistant coaches are usually on top of things
Strikeout King Wrote:I'm not saying he's correct or anything but if he is getting his information from a Perry Central Assistant Coach or the Administration, wouldn't they know more about what's going on than any of us on here? Administration is the one's that do all the hiring so they're right in the middle of it and the assistant coaches are usually on top of things

You said that he WAS coming and cited the kid's article. The administration is not talking about this. I know for a fact that a newspaper reporter reached out to JPA to confirm over the weekend and was told that no one has taken the position and that the school would reach out when they hire. And I promise you a student at the school knows no more than I do. All signs point to Spurlock, but if he hasn't signed on the dotted line it means nothing. Johnson is something that we will find out about even after we do the coach. Perry had their last transfer contested by more schools than they even played last year. Expect the same if JJ movesto Perry
That's what I was saying that he was going with him, that's what the rumor going around was. They more than likely agreed over the weekend but not haven't signed any papers til this coming week.

If Justin does move, wouldn't he have to sit out for some time?
If a change of address, why would he have to sit out?
just wondering about that.
^^Change of address means nothing in some situations. Everyone knows the reason why he may be moving so if he does there is no doubt he should have to sit out, but we all know some have to play by the rules and some dont so only time will tell.
Pcc is still without a coach, jj is still at SC. Nothing else should b said until coach is named and jj decides to make a move somewhere(if that happens.) The article for the bluegrass report is a complete joke and should not be considered credible in any way, shape form or fashion. It's borderline slander and should b REMOVED immediately. Johnson is a great kid and should not b involved n this discussion. This is about pcc coaching position, not Johnson. If his coach leaves and Johnson decides to go somewhere else I wish them both well.
MVP2 Wrote:If a change of address, why would he have to sit out?

Ask Jaysean Paige. He was deemed ineligible and had to sit out at Perry until the appeal came through.
Downtown10 Wrote:^^Change of address means nothing in some situations. Everyone knows the reason why he may be moving so if he does there is no doubt he should have to sit out, but we all know some have to play by the rules and some dont so only time will tell.

Unless someone gets stupid and puts their intentions on paper or through social media then the only evidence you have is circumstantial. KHSAA will not rule against a kid unless there is hard evidence or they have the technology to read minds,
ballstar Wrote:Pcc is still without a coach, jj is still at SC. Nothing else should b said until coach is named and jj decides to make a move somewhere(if that happens.) The article for the bluegrass report is a complete joke and should not be considered credible in any way, shape form or fashion. It's borderline slander and should b REMOVED immediately. Johnson is a great kid and should not b involved n this discussion. This is about pcc coaching position, not Johnson. If his coach leaves and Johnson decides to go somewhere else I wish them both well.

This
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13