Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Allan Hatcher steps down from Perry Central
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
I was told that Denny has said he wants no part in that job, and I don't blame him. I do not see Rhodes leaving after getting all the kids he has brought to Cordia, Spurlock and Justice would bring players with them so gotta wait to see with them. I still say Shannon is the best man for the job but does he want it? I just hope PCC does not make a political hire. They need to hire a man who plans on staying long term and wants to see the school succeed. Can't wait to see who they hire, big decision on the future of the commodore basketball program.
Overrated Wrote:Im still hearing Rod Rhodes, Hoskin, Justin Amburgey, Al Holland Jr.

They are looking to get someone that can be succesful.
did Hatcher finally find a time machine so he could go back to the 1930s and play on peach baskets and shoot set shots
I heard today that Randy Napier was going to coach the girls and boys this upcoming year. Just Kidding, their after a couple of coaches but one inpreticular and thats all i say. Kevin Spurlock would not be a good fit they ran him off at Hazard and Clay,Co thats his almatar =, and know I been told everything has soured at Sheldon,Clark all he could probably bring is the Johnson Kid, I know he won the All A I could pick up 5 off the streets of Hazard and go a long way in the All A. That same year he lost to Perry in the first game of the district hes probably 5th on their list at this point.
^ Your right I don't think Spurlock and JPA are a good fit but Spurlock is a great coach...

Oh yeah 2004 Perry was loaded as well.. Dan Combs was the best player in the region.
WALL2WALL Wrote:I was told that Denny has said he wants no part in that job, and I don't blame him. I do not see Rhodes leaving after getting all the kids he has brought to Cordia, Spurlock and Justice would bring players with them so gotta wait to see with them. I still say Shannon is the best man for the job but does he want it? I just hope PCC does not make a political hire. They need to hire a man who plans on staying long term and wants to see the school succeed. Can't wait to see who they hire, big decision on the future of the commodore basketball program.

Very much agree!!!! This could make or break the kids you ALREADY have in the program. They have a NICE group of freshmen and 8th graders they could lose. It could easily set the program back several yrs..........
Denny Fugate has not said anything regarding the head coaching position at Perry County Central, just to clarify.
Neither has all the other names on here. I wouldnt expect anyone that has a coaching job right now to speak a word of this to anyone b4 it was a done deal. Not saying that Fugate has or hasnt been contacted, just saying!!!
fugatepharmd Wrote:Denny Fugate has not said anything regarding the head coaching position at Perry County Central, just to clarify.

Nice to hear from you!
Always good to get some legit info that isn't he said/she said
^ Agreed!

Glad to see you back fugatepharmd
ballboy Wrote:I heard today that Randy Napier was going to coach the girls and boys this upcoming year. Just Kidding, their after a couple of coaches but one inpreticular and thats all i say. Kevin Spurlock would not be a good fit they ran him off at Hazard and Clay,Co thats his almatar =, and know I been told everything has soured at Sheldon,Clark all he could probably bring is the Johnson Kid, I know he won the All A I could pick up 5 off the streets of Hazard and go a long way in the All A. That same year he lost to Perry in the first game of the district hes probably 5th on their list at this point.

I believe Spurlock played high school ball for Allen Central.
ekff Wrote:Knowing the Holland family, I don' think so, Coach Holland and Al Jr. have a great relationship and always support each other so I don't think Al Jr. would go to coach at his dads district rival school.

Overrated, I don't think u understand how the Hazard/Perry rival thing works... Father and Son coaching at Hazard/Perry... That would make for an awkward family cookout.

I just think that rivalry is overrated.

EKFF, I am just saying the people I heard at work today, I work at Buckhorn, So my sources may not be the best like yours.:igiveup:
Calls are out to gauge interest from prospective coaches, so PCC is awaiting initial responses to fill the opening with the coach who brings the most to the table both immediately and long-term. PCC draws interest from all Eastern KY coaches so they will make the decision based on information from "non-official" calls. To believe the job is not attractive is ignoring the facts and truths of competition and winning. Just my opinion of course.
OrangenowBlue Wrote:I believe Spurlock played high school ball for Allen Central.

I'm gonna say your right. I knew his dad pretty good and he was from that area, and before spurlock got his name out there he was assistant ball coach at AC and head football coach.
Rumor rumor rumor...Heard today that they may want Cam Justice's Dad so they can lure Cam in or maybe try for Kevin Spurlock so he can bring the Johnson kid with him but I dont see that happening. Who knows..
fugatepharmd Wrote:Calls are out to gauge interest from prospective coaches, so PCC is awaiting initial responses to fill the opening with the coach who brings the most to the table both immediately and long-term. PCC draws interest from all Eastern KY coaches so they will make the decision based on information from "non-official" calls. To believe the job is not attractive is ignoring the facts and truths of competition and winning. Just my opinion of course.

So if you know calls are going out can we assume that one of those calls was to Denny??
fugatepharmd Wrote:Calls are out to gauge interest from prospective coaches, so PCC is awaiting initial responses to fill the opening with the coach who brings the most to the table both immediately and long-term. PCC draws interest from all Eastern KY coaches so they will make the decision based on information from "non-official" calls. To believe the job is not attractive is ignoring the facts and truths of competition and winning. Just my opinion of course.

I agree completely!!! This is a great job that will get a ton of interest from a lot of coaches. I would hope that any coach that has been called or is calling about it wouldn't expose it to anyone but only those who they could trust. I don't think fugate will be the person they hire but I think he is a great coach. I think this is the best job in eky because of feeder systems and admin is huge basketball fans. That means a ton to the coach.
Altro Cat Wrote:So if you know calls are going out can we assume that one of those calls was to Denny??

Lol
As far as I know, Coach Fugate is extremely happy as a Bobcat. Of course I also believe that PCC cannot find a better and more deserving Coach. I guess I am biased. Breathitt will compete for championships as long as Coach Fugate stays, if you don't believe that then stay tuned.
I agree breathitt will do great as long as fugate is there!!!! As for him being the most deserving for this job is a matter of opinion I guess. He will do a great job at BC and I think he is exactly what they have needed for a long time time. I think fugate will retire there.
Most people would probably agree with you, but I believe there is no better Coach in Eastern Kentucky than my Dad (Coach Fugate). Go Bobcats and good luck to PCC in their search.
Altro Cat Wrote:So if you know calls are going out can we assume that one of those calls was to Denny??

Called him out lol
I know that Perry Central got permission from the Martin County Superintendent of Schools to get permission to talk with Spurlock so there must be some interestConfusedtare:
Any student below the 10th grade has the first 21 days of school to transfer. Even though Beverly has played varsity it was while in grade school and not held against him yet. But you can bet come the 22nd day of the school year if Beverly hasn't transferred yet then it will get contested big time by PCC. If he hasn't transferred yet he's got less than two weeks to make his decision for sure. After that he'd have to move before the season started. I'm sure it won't take until the transfer deadline before this is done, leaving or staying.
Could you imagine if Beverly and someone else did come to KCC? Talk about a 30 game win season. Just would have to pull through come tourny time. Makes for interesting talk though. One thing is for sure, the Hall boy spent all summer in the weight room putting a couple of pounds on that tall frame. Nice for Justice or anyone else to have a 6'5" player with that talent adding some muscle to his game.
ballboy Wrote:I heard today that Randy Napier was going to coach the girls and boys this upcoming year. Just Kidding, their after a couple of coaches but one inpreticular and thats all i say. Kevin Spurlock would not be a good fit they ran him off at Hazard and Clay,Co thats his almatar =, and know I been told everything has soured at Sheldon,Clark all he could probably bring is the Johnson Kid, I know he won the All A I could pick up 5 off the streets of Hazard and go a long way in the All A. That same year he lost to Perry in the first game of the district hes probably 5th on their list at this point.

Probably shouldn't use words you can't spell.
knottcountyinsider Wrote:Any student below the 10th grade has the first 21 days of school to transfer. Even though Beverly has played varsity it was while in grade school and not held against him yet. But you can bet come the 22nd day of the school year if Beverly hasn't transferred yet then it will get contested big time by PCC. If he hasn't transferred yet he's got less than two weeks to make his decision for sure. After that he'd have to move before the season started. I'm sure it won't take until the transfer deadline before this is done, leaving or staying.

I'm sure they are aware of that. I'm also sure pcc is aware that he knows that as well. I think pcc will make a decision that will help everyone involved with the basketball program including the players.
Heard Shane Halls dad was interested in the job.
Huggy_Bear Wrote:Now that Hatcher has left is there any truth to the rumor that Amis is going to be the HC & Heston Beverly (Braxton Beverly's Uncle) will be one of the assistants???

Yeah right he could probably coach about as good as he good play!!! Why would pcc hire someone with NO coaching experience??? How crazy would that be? Even John Paul knows better than that.
I'm merging the RPA thread with the other thread.
It would be better served to talk about it in the main thread.

Thanks,
Zaga
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13