Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Allan Hatcher steps down from Perry Central
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
KentuckyFan35 Wrote:I have a question. Wouldn't a coach "bringing a player with him "be blatant recruiting?

And now a statement. It would take a slimy individual to accept a coaching position knowing the only reason you got the job is because of the players you can bring with you!

Now and opinion. pcc has several guys already in the system that could do as good or better coaching job than Spurlock or Lemaster.

First off tell me who they are bringing. Secondly tell me what players they are bringing. This is just a handful of guys on here speculating about what so-and-so has told them about it. The administration is keeping this one close to their chest and I doubt anyone has done anything other than make educated guesses at this point.

And for your point about taking a job because of the players you can bring, I don't know anyone who would turn this job down because of not morally agreeing with the fact that they would bring good players with them. You take what you get in this economy.
KentuckyFan35: why would LeMaster be a slimy individual bc they asked him to come coach their team? How do you know that they just don't want LeMaster for LeMaster?? He seemed to be a pretty good doggone coach taking ER to the Regional Finals & winning 20 some games..he's very young & it's obvious he knows the game, he played for Kentucky under Tubby Smith, so that's the obvious. And it also seems to me that players WANT to play for him and that's what you gotta have these days.. Heck these kids came from Canada to play for him, so they must think something of him. But I don't think he deserves to be called a slimy individual, do you actually know him? And for anyone that does know LeMaster, talk to him and find something out, this is killing me..
I have no interest in who they get but for the 5th time Justice brought the transfers to ER not LeMaster
running_clock Wrote:When was the last time a transfer was ruled ineligible in the 14th when there was a change of address?

Last season. Come on man your suppose to know these things.
jammin' jamey Wrote:The Bluegrass Sports Report is NOT a credible resource. This is totally unfounded and why THIS forum site continues to lose it's own credibility because "administrators" are posting things like this and citing it as a source.

According to someone close to the situation speaking on condition of anonymity (if you don't know what anonymity is look it up) Kevin Spurlock is STILL employed by the Martin County School System as of 1pm Monday, August 27th. He HAS been contacted by Perry County Central, yet no offer was made.

We need to stop messing with the lives of people so much. All of us, myself included. I just felt like we at the station should contact sources DIRECTLY involved in this and set it straight. Too many people reporting rumors from their mother's basement.

This doesn't mean the matter will not change. Yet it seems more and more that people want to start more rumors than posting facts.

Jamey Johnson - EKB Sports.

uMAD bro? You sound like you're mad.

Cougar Connection Wrote:What a scenario let them hire Spurlock as the head coach and Lemaster as the assistant and everybody will be happy because you will have all the 15 region talent and make it real easy for JC and SV to walk through the season without any competition! LOL!

15th region :yawn:

fedscreekviking Wrote:I have no interest in who they get but for the 5th time Justice brought the transfers to ER not LeMaster

k.
I was never too fond of Hatcher's coaching. I'd rather watch paint dry.
However, Spurlock had some great years at Hazard. That'd be a great hire for PCC.
The Denny Fugate talk should die down - this guy is not going to leave a team that has high hopes of winning a regional title this year.

Spurlock - Great coach, could spark a good rivalry again back in the mountains against his old team.
Noble - Buckhorn would go wild if he left. Been there for too long.
Al Holland - Returns a great team, my early pick for regional champs with the addition of Hudson.
Jon Bentley - Close to the Perry Admin. would not be a bad hire after a few tough seasons at Estill.
Kent Campbell - Him and his brother have worked for Perry for a while now. Wouldn't be shocked if you possibly seen one of these guys step up.
Shannon Hoskins - Same as the above.
Rod Rhodes - I don't think PCC would be interested after last years season.

With all of that said, I do not see PCC hiring some average Joe. The Perry faithful wants a coach that knows what they are doing and is a proven winner. I could see them hiring an interim coach like Hoskins or one of the Campbells until next season. Let's see I guess. I will go out on a limb and say if they do hire Campbell or Hoskins it will be a subpar year for PCC. I wouldn't get my hopes high at all.. And that's just my opinion - no hate.

I say - bring in Bentley!
Spurlock leaves Sheldon Clark for Perry Central

As reported by The Big Sandy News. Today's Issue!!!!

Kevin Spurlock leaves and heads to Perry Co. Central!!

What a turn of events in the 57th District this Off Season!!!!
^Awesome.
According to the Martin County Superintendent of Schools Mark Blackburn he met with Spurlock Tuesday and said no decision has been made but I feel its just a matter of time as SCHS will be left holding the bag.
^It's been confirmed.
Sooo, all the speculating can end!

Great to see you posting again Ballers....missed you!
Great hire by Perrys head recruiter. Yipppeee. Well at least we'll have Spurlock until Johnson graduates. Then they will get some other coach to come in with another player.
People, does anyone do any kind of investigative work anymore? The Big Sandy News did not contact Spurlock or anyone at SC to ask about this. They wrote this story purely on speculation. In fact, Spurlock has already started the wheels in motion that if BSN doesn't repudiate the story, then his attorney is ready to file a lawsuit against the paper.

And how do I know this, because Spurlock and I are very close family. So stop all the guessing and speculation and someone take the initiative and contact Spurlock himself and ask. Get it directly from the man. Or follow him on twitter. He constantly updates his life on there, the good and bad. Kevinspurlock24 is his handle.

Spurlock has not taken the PCC job!!!!!!! He's still teaching and coaching at SC, and Johnson is still a student there. Get a life, people.
daredevil, you need to go break bread with the fam, because I know for fact that Blackburn has made phone calls (2 that I know first hand) about hiring a new coach. Both of those coaches are currently employed elsewhere.
UPIKEFAN Wrote:daredevil, you need to go break bread with the fam, because I know for fact that Blackburn has made phone calls (2 that I know first hand) about hiring a new coach. Both of those coaches are currently employed elsewhere.

Spurlock hasn't taken the job...yet.

BUT there are feelers out there, people making unofficial contact with people to gauge interest if he does take the job.
Here's some Facts that are 100% correct....

Coach Spurlock HAS NOT accepted the Perry Central job. He has been contacted and will meet with Perry Central admin this week.....

You all will know an answer on this topic later this week.

100% correct....
If Spurlock takes the job after doing this on twitter he is the biggest joke ever. Everybody knows he is talking with them about the job why act like that. Its on Allkyhoops.com now so everybody in the state is gonna see it. If he goes ahead and goes to perry its gonna make him and PCC look bad. JMO
Norm Stewert Wrote:If Spurlock takes the job after doing this on twitter he is the biggest joke ever. Everybody knows he is talking with them about the job why act like that. Its on Allkyhoops.com now so everybody in the state is gonna see it. If he goes ahead and goes to perry its gonna make him and PCC look bad. JMO

What are you talking about? Kevin Spurlock has not once denied the talks between him and Perry. What he has denied is the fact that he has accepted the job as their coach.
region Wrote:Spurlock hasn't taken the job...yet.

BUT there are feelers out there, people making unofficial contact with people to gauge interest if he does take the job.

Exactly
Well why is he saying the newspaper will hear from his lawyer? its gonna look stupid for him trying to take legal action against a newspaper for reporting that if he goes and takes the job. Do you agree or not?
he should have just tweeted that he hasnt taken the job rather than saying they will hear from his lawyer. To me that sounds like a person looking for attention or a person who doesnt want the job.....Which one is it? Either way if i was PCC i wouldnt want him after this incident.
Norm Stewert Wrote:Well why is he saying the newspaper will hear from his lawyer? its gonna look stupid for him trying to take legal action against a newspaper for reporting that if he goes and takes the job. Do you agree or not?

Looking stupid is a possibility at this point...
but if something falls through it will make it a lot easier for his bosses and team to accept him if he remains at SC.

Perry Central will take him and the kids will be receptive either way.
The guy is an idiot why is everyone even debating it? Look at his track record. It is plain to see the reason they are hiring him. I can assure you its not for his coaching or personality. Trust me I have coached kids who play for him. He is a complete nutjob. See how long he last after two years from now. The people at PCC have no idea what they are getting into. There have been at least one name that has showed interest in the job that would be a no brainer in any other instance. SMDH I just feel for the kids and people over there. Good luck with that one!!
Norm Stewert Wrote:Well why is he saying the newspaper will hear from his lawyer? its gonna look stupid for him trying to take legal action against a newspaper for reporting that if he goes and takes the job. Do you agree or not?

That's slander. I would be pissed if I were a parent, administrator, or even friend, if I learned of him taking the job by picking up the weekly paper.
Coach Maxey Wrote:The guy is an idiot why is everyone even debating it? Look at his track record. It is plain to see the reason they are hiring him. I can assure you its not for his coaching or personality. Trust me I have coached kids who play for him. He is a complete nutjob. See how long he last after two years from now. The people at PCC have no idea what they are getting into. There have been at least one name that has showed interest in the job that would be a no brainer in any other instance. SMDH I just feel for the kids and people over there. Good luck with that one!!

He use to coach at Hazard. I'd say those in charge at Perry are well aware of the man they are after.
Coach Maxey Wrote:The guy is an idiot why is everyone even debating it? Look at his track record. It is plain to see the reason they are hiring him. I can assure you its not for his coaching or personality. Trust me I have coached kids who play for him. He is a complete nutjob. See how long he last after two years from now. The people at PCC have no idea what they are getting into. There have been at least one name that has showed interest in the job that would be a no brainer in any other instance. SMDH I just feel for the kids and people over there. Good luck with that one!!

You want to try to call people out... Well I've talked to players that you've coached in AAU and they think you're a joke, they laugh at u behind ur back... BTW haven't u changed AAU programs like 3 times in the last 2 years so look at ur track record. Dude ur an AAU coach u aren't anything special. Oh yeah stop calling players in AAU "My boys"... that ain't ur boys. You didn't do anything to make those players what they are today so stop taking credit. You worry about Ice Cream and stuff and let the real basketball coaches worry about ball....

D IT UP Wrote:He use to coach at Hazard. I'd say those in charge at Perry are well aware of the man they are after. You're a hater because of his role in Johnsons life. Just for fun, but how many head coaching jobs have you been a canidate for?

LOL No Chance...
Norm Stewert Wrote:If Spurlock takes the job after doing this on twitter he is the biggest joke ever. Everybody knows he is talking with them about the job why act like that. Its on Allkyhoops.com now so everybody in the state is gonna see it. If he goes ahead and goes to perry its gonna make him and PCC look bad. JMO

The only reason Spurlock was upset about the news is because it made him look bad at SC... He told bosses and players at SC that he would tell them first before he done anything.. and Spurlock has kept SC reformed the whole time. Some at SC believed the news and were upset making Spurlock look like a liar so he was setting the record straight.
First, I bet a dollar to a donut that he doesn't have a lawyer. I bet he never even consulted one because he knows he is heading to Perry Central. He's no different than any other person who can't keep his trap shut on social media outlets. So, no need for the lawyer when he eventually accepts the position. It will do nothing but make the paper look like they had it right all along if and when he goes.

But what do I know? I'm not family and sure ain't from Inez.
Ballers Wrote:I was never too fond of Hatcher's coaching. I'd rather watch paint dry.
However, Spurlock had some great years at Hazard. That'd be a great hire for PCC.
The Denny Fugate talk should die down - this guy is not going to leave a team that has high hopes of winning a regional title this year.

Spurlock - Great coach, could spark a good rivalry again back in the mountains against his old team.
Noble - Buckhorn would go wild if he left. Been there for too long.
Al Holland - Returns a great team, my early pick for regional champs with the addition of Hudson.
Jon Bentley - Close to the Perry Admin. would not be a bad hire after a few tough seasons at Estill.
Kent Campbell - Him and his brother have worked for Perry for a while now. Wouldn't be shocked if you possibly seen one of these guys step up.
Shannon Hoskins - Same as the above.
Rod Rhodes - I don't think PCC would be interested after last years season.

[B]With all of that said, I do not see PCC hiring some average Joe. The Perry faithful wants a coach that knows what they are doing and is a proven winner. I could see them hiring an interim coach like Hoskins or one of the Campbells until next season. Let's see I guess. I will go out on a limb and say if they do hire Campbell or Hoskins it will be a subpar year for PCC. I wouldn't get my hopes high at all.. And that's just my opinion - no hate.

I say - bring in Bentley!
[

Bentley can't hold Kent Campbell's whistle!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13