Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Allan Hatcher steps down from Perry Central
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
I have a friend who used to help coach at SC and he says nothing is final as of yet. He also said DitUp was legit on any info. He (my friend) is pretty well connected so I will take him at his word.
The reason Jaysean Paige had to wait so long is because the kid had about 3 credits to his name. Never went to a class up in NY apparently. Perry had to give him about 10 online computer classes so he could make up the 3 years of previous class instruction he had missed. Personally I dont like to see Perry County kids lose their opportunity to play especially when they have worked their tails off for playing time. Work your butt off and they bring someone down here thats better. Yeah its all cool until your kid gets hosed. Yeah it is nice to have a super team and all but remember this is high school and not the University of Kentucky. It will be fun watching Justin dunk all over everyone and I know he is a great kid, who wouldnt want him. But you got to remember there are two kids down there right now at Perry that will have to sit on the pine or maybe even quit because of things like this. Theres goods and bads to bringing in players. You could of put Jaysean Paige on Buckhorns team and they would of been playing at Rupp on Saturday last year. And as for Chris Hudson going to Hazard and getting eligible, that is pure ridiculous. I mean heck Rhodes got the boy up here and now he is going to Hazard. He will make Hazard even better but this is just stupid.
KCC & Breathitt still the best.
The_Rock Wrote:The reason Jaysean Paige had to wait so long is because the kid had about 3 credits to his name. Never went to a class up in NY apparently. Perry had to give him about 10 online computer classes so he could make up the 3 years of previous class instruction he had missed. Personally I dont like to see Perry County kids lose their opportunity to play especially when they have worked their tails off for playing time. Work your butt off and they bring someone down here thats better. Yeah its all cool until your kid gets hosed. Yeah it is nice to have a super team and all but remember this is high school and not the University of Kentucky. It will be fun watching Justin dunk all over everyone and I know he is a great kid, who wouldnt want him. But you got to remember there are two kids down there right now at Perry that will have to sit on the pine or maybe even quit because of things like this. Theres goods and bads to bringing in players. You could of put Jaysean Paige on Buckhorns team and they would of been playing at Rupp on Saturday last year. And as for Chris Hudson going to Hazard and getting eligible, that is pure ridiculous. I mean heck Rhodes got the boy up here and now he is going to Hazard. He will make Hazard even better but this is just stupid.

Lol, Lol
Overrated Wrote:KCC & Breathitt still the best.

Right now I would give 1st to HHS, then BC, then Knott and pcc a toss up. Uve got to remember that HHS had kcc on the ropes twice last yr and bc beat them once, that was with Davis. That's a huge loss.
Strikeout King Wrote:Justin Johnson will be coming with Spurlock to PCC

http://www.bluegrasssportsreport.com/app...n-spurlock

The Bluegrass Sports Report is NOT a credible resource. This is totally unfounded and why THIS forum site continues to lose it's own credibility because "administrators" are posting things like this and citing it as a source.

According to someone close to the situation speaking on condition of anonymity (if you don't know what anonymity is look it up) Kevin Spurlock is STILL employed by the Martin County School System as of 1pm Monday, August 27th. He HAS been contacted by Perry County Central, yet no offer was made.

We need to stop messing with the lives of people so much. All of us, myself included. I just felt like we at the station should contact sources DIRECTLY involved in this and set it straight. Too many people reporting rumors from their mother's basement.

This doesn't mean the matter will not change. Yet it seems more and more that people want to start more rumors than posting facts.

Jamey Johnson - EKB Sports.
Like I said...
all signs point to it, but it ain't official.
My wife took a job at PCC this year. She accepted the offer but they had to finalize her contract and she came in a few weeks to sign it. At anytime during that span she could have renigged and decided to stay at the school she was at. If someone would have reported her as employed by Perry County School system before she had a chance to step down or let our family know, I would have been pissed.
jammin' jamey Wrote:The Bluegrass Sports Report is NOT a credible resource. This is totally unfounded and why THIS forum site continues to lose it's own credibility because "administrators" are posting things like this and citing it as a source.

According to someone close to the situation speaking on condition of anonymity (if you don't know what anonymity is look it up) Kevin Spurlock is STILL employed by the Martin County School System as of 1pm Monday, August 27th. He HAS been contacted by Perry County Central, yet no offer was made.

We need to stop messing with the lives of people so much. All of us, myself included. I just felt like we at the station should contact sources DIRECTLY involved in this and set it straight. Too many people reporting rumors from their mother's basement.

This doesn't mean the matter will not change. Yet it seems more and more that people want to start more rumors than posting facts.

Jamey Johnson - EKB Sports.

Then where are they getting their info from? I'm sure they are smart enough not to go around asking the students at PCC so it has to be coming from the Coaching Staff or the Administration. And why single me out? People before I said anything said that Spurlock was the next coach at PCC? Just cause I posted a link saying that a player was supposedly coming with him to PCC? Why not go and single them out too
Strikeout King Wrote:Then where are they getting their info from? I'm sure they are smart enough not to go around asking the students at PCC so it has to be coming from the Coaching Staff or the Administration. And why single me out? People before I said anything said that Spurlock was the next coach at PCC? Just cause I posted a link saying that a player was supposedly coming with him to PCC? Why not go and single them out too

You took a blog operated by a student at PCC as a credible source. You singled the story out and the player from Sheldon Clark with that post. That's not what this site is suppose to do - spread rumors about a child. That's why I singled that post out. It's incorrect. There's no way that scenario could happen.
jammin' jamey Wrote:You took a blog operated by a student at PCC as a credible source. You singled the story out and the player from Sheldon Clark with that post. That's not what this site is suppose to do - spread rumors about a child. That's why I singled that post out. It's incorrect. There's no way that scenario could happen.

I don't agree with posting that story early. But to say that there is no way thins scenario can happen is underestimating Perry's ability to "make things happen".
jammin' jamey Wrote:You took a blog operated by a student at PCC as a credible source. You singled the story out and the player from Sheldon Clark with that post. That's not what this site is suppose to do - spread rumors about a child. That's why I singled that post out. It's incorrect. There's no way that scenario could happen.

I didn't take it as a credible source, I've been told when posting something to always post the link and that's what I was doing because that's what the report had stated.....Others had mentioned of Johnson going to PCC before I had ever mentioned anything
Strikeout King Wrote:I didn't take it as a credible source, I've been told when posting something to always post the link and that's what I was doing because that's what the report had stated.....Others had mentioned of Johnson going to PCC before I had ever mentioned anything

Message board 101: If you post a link to a statement you are making it's to prove your point and validate it. That is how everyone else would take that. With that being said, quoting the blog site of a PCC student that "reported" it? Reported it to whom? It's not a credible news source and posting that in the thread was inappropriate. Just my opinion.
I've always been told by the other administrators when posting a news/sports/etc. etc. story to always give the link, that's even in the rules. I just came across the story and posted what it was saying. That's all! Isn't that what where suppose to do when something like that comes around?
Strikeout King Wrote:I've always been told by the other administrators when posting a news/sports/etc. etc. story to always give the link, that's even in the rules. I just came across the story and posted what it was saying. That's all! Isn't that what where suppose to do when something like that comes around?

So you actually believe that the website you linked is credible? :please:

An administrator linking that makes this site look pitiful.
We all know BSR is just a blog where the kid can post what he hears. I used to have something similar.

However, let's just let this one die and see what happens from there.

We lose credibility when we argue with each other in a public forum as well.
jammin' jamey Wrote:So you actually believe that the website you linked is credible? :please:

An administrator linking that makes this site look pitiful.

I didn't say I believed it, just saying that this was a hot topic and I found something about it and posted it, that's all! And how is that making the site look bad? Posting something with a link? That's what I've been told to do by the other administrators.......

"You can't take a news/story and make it like you were the one that done it, always post a link" If I come across the PM I'll post the exact words
zaga_fan Wrote:We lose credibility when we argue with each other in a public forum as well.

I agree...sometimes you have to burn down the village to save it and this needed to be called out...which is why I'm not a popular poster on BGR.
On a sidenote, does anyone know when they expect to name a coach?
running_clock Wrote:Unless someone gets stupid and puts their intentions on paper or through social media then the only evidence you have is circumstantial. KHSAA will not rule against a kid unless there is hard evidence or they have the technology to read minds,

They must be mind readers.
Downtown10 Wrote:They must be mind readers.

When was the last time a transfer was ruled ineligible in the 14th when there was a change of address?
running_clock Wrote:When was the last time a transfer was ruled ineligible in the 14th when there was a change of address?

Breathitt has had a couple in recent memory. Will Sandlin transferred to Breathitt to play football and had to sit a year.

PCC and Hazard always find a way to make everyone eligible so I wouldn't worry about eligibility when those two schools are involved.
Altro Cat Wrote:Breathitt has had a couple in recent memory. Will Sandlin transferred to Breathitt to play football and had to sit a year.

PCC and Hazard always find a way to make everyone eligible so I wouldn't worry about eligibility when those two schools are involved.

Eric Back, Evan Whitaker, Dustin Slone... all sat a year, and I believe they were the last three players to transfer to Hazard from High School to High School.

hornaplenty Wrote:Altro Cat, you dodn't know what you're talking about...The Whitaker kid had to set out a year, so before you go making statements about Hazard, check your source or keep your mouth shut..
hornaplenty Wrote:Altro Cat, you dodn't know what you're talking about...The Whitaker kid had to set out a year, so before you go making statements about Hazard, check your source or keep your mouth shut..

I know several people who used to teach and/or coach at Hazard so I know how things can get done at Hazard.

What about the Hudson kid from Cordia? Haven't seen or heard anything about him being ineligible?
All 3 of the cases your talking bout EKFF there was no real change of address. It's really hard to get eligible when you go from pcc to HHS or HHS to pcc. The schools are only bout 3 miles apart and it's hard to make a case for a when u move from vicco to lothair, lol. If kid moves 40 to 50 miles to another school it's almost impossible to rule against them. Not really sure why this comes up on a pcc coach thread. I will say what I've always said about transfers, LET THEM ALL PLAY...........
Heard it is about a done deal....LeMaster is seriously considering PCC's offer and would be bringing Ray Kasongo, Ruben Kasongo, and Tony Wolter with him to Hazard, Kentucky!!!!! 14th Region and State Title FAVORITES!!! Can't wait for October 15 so basketball will begin.
^Don't know how legit your claim is...
but Preston Lemaster was one of my dark horse candidates because he was out of a job unexpectedly and the way Kasongo was upset that he wasn't retained.
What a scenario let them hire Spurlock as the head coach and Lemaster as the assistant and everybody will be happy because you will have all the 15 region talent and make it real easy for JC and SV to walk through the season without any competition! LOL!
Who is the best between Wolter and Beverly? Never saw Wolter play. Is Kasongo better than Dalton Cornett?
I have a question. Wouldn't a coach "bringing a player with him "be blatant recruiting?

And now a statement. It would take a slimy individual to accept a coaching position knowing the only reason you got the job is because of the players you can bring with you!

Now and opinion. pcc has several guys already in the system that could do as good or better coaching job than Spurlock or Lemaster.
KentuckyFan35 Wrote:I have a question. Wouldn't a coach "bringing a player with him "be blatant recruiting?

And now a statement. It would take a slimy individual to accept a coaching position knowing the only reason you got the job is because of the players you can bring with you!

Now and opinion. pcc has several guys already in the system that could do as good or better coaching job than Spurlock or Lemaster.

Who is the NEW coach?????
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13