Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Meece (Somerset) 24 Lex Catholic 12
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Meece Middle (Somerset) defeated Lexington Catholic today in an 8th grade game at Campbellsville 24-12. Don't have a lot of info on the game yet, will post more when I get it.

Meece won the 8th Grade Div 3 State championship last year and lost an outstanding class of players to the highschool team. This years team looks to be fun to watch too.
How did jordan doan do
Jumper Dad Wrote:Meece Middle (Somerset) defeated Lexington Catholic today in an 8th grade game at Campbellsville 24-12. Don't have a lot of info on the game yet, will post more when I get it.

Meece won the 8th Grade Div 3 State championship last year and lost an outstanding class of players to the highschool team. This years team looks to be fun to watch too.

From my understanding, they are a great team, but I would want to think they would want to be in Div 2.
^I was under the assumption that your enrollment determined the division you play in? Is this not the case?

Jumpers have a lot of talent coming up for the next few years. Doan was one of the best players in the state playing up in 8th grade last year. Another 8th grade state title could be in the cards this year.
Doan had a big game for Meece. Check out this article and see the highlights from the game.

Kentucky 8th grade running back Jordan Doan helps his team to victory in season opener.

http://www.youth1.com/football-headlines...ctory.html
[quote=RoShamBo]^I was under the assumption that your enrollment determined the division you play in? Is this not the case?

Jumpers have a lot of talent coming up for the next few years. Doan was one of the best players in the state playing up in 8th grade last year. Another 8th grade state title could be in the cards this year. Do they play Northern or Southern this year
?
meat loaf Wrote:[quote=RoShamBo]^I was under the assumption that your enrollment determined the division you play in? Is this not the case?

Jumpers have a lot of talent coming up for the next few years. Doan was one of the best players in the state playing up in 8th grade last year. Another 8th grade state title could be in the cards this year. Do they play Northern or Southern this year?

Leave this name out of your bashing of Meece for not playing.
Briar jumper bd Wrote:[quote=meat loaf]

Leave this name out of your bashing of Meece for not playing.

Who is bashing/ Just asked a simple question.
I may have jumped the gun due to previous posts on here and if I did I apologize. To my knowledge and the schedule I have no they do not play.
Nice stats, good work.

Congrats to Jordan on one heck of a game...

:Thumbs:
How well do you think the Meece 7th grade team is looking?
JagSwag Wrote:How well do you think the Meece 7th grade team is looking?

I haven't seen them play a real game as a squad but some are playing up in 8th grade games. I think they bring alot of talent as a class but its spread between 2 grades right now so it would be hard to say. They will be ok this year but next year they should be pretty good.
We go to Meece on the 30th of Aug. I expect it to be a good game. The game against Meece will be our third straight away game. We go to McCreary tonight and then to The Fort Harrod Bowl on Sat. and will be playing Mercer Co. there.
We will find out what kind of 7th and 8th grade squads we have early in the season.
I really have been following our 7th graders and expect them to be good. Tonight will give me a better idea. We have looked good in our scrimmages thus far.
As expected the 7th grade Jags did well. I also understand that some of the McCreary boys had to play on the 8th grade team before playing the 7th grade team. I am still waiting to see how good we really are. We shall find out this Sat against Mercer!
We are looking very good and are 2 or 3 deep in almost every position.