Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Adam Williams to transfer....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The Kentucky basketball program lost a second player in as many days Wednesday when freshman guard Adam Williams asked for a release from his scholarship with the intention of transferring to another program. Williams’ father, Tex, met with UK coach Tubby Smith for more than an hour to discuss Adam’s future, a sit down that resulted in the Williams’ family making a decision about his future at UK

Source: Catspause.com

Another scholorship opens up, and now Tubby can really get to business....
Probably a good choice for Williams. He wasn't going to get to play here. He would make a decent NAIA player. Another hole to fill on the bench. Wonder if Tubby will go after another 7 foot project player??
I think Tubby has some what got his head straight. Hopefully he will be able to do something next year.
well i wonder who esle is goin to follow suit and leave?
blackcat Wrote:I think Tubby has some what got his head straight. Hopefully he will be able to do something next year.

I agree. Hope he has seen that half of the team wasnt worth a scholarship to UK and if a season like this past year happens again and/or he continues to bring in players who cant cut it then you will see OTS either leaving on his own or being pushed out. Having said that, with him essentially pushing Rondo out the door ( good move ) and with Williams transferring and possibly Woo going to Europe, I think he is starting to clean out the closet and he is starting to realize what he has to do to keep his job if he truly wants to stay at UK.
Good luck to Adam wherever he goes
Any word on where he might go?
Im thinkin maybe Marshall.

This should work out for both parties. Williams would have never had the oppurtunity to play here, and somewhere else he might be able to work himself into the game, im so glad he left...
He was gonna be on the bench anyway's this dosnt hurt UK at all! But thats just one more scholorship for someone that is intrested in UK like a #56 Tyler Smith out of Tennessee or #75 Lawrence Westbrook out of Arizona ! Rankings are courtesy of rivals.com
blackcat_student Wrote:He was gonna be on the bench anyway's this dosnt hurt UK at all! But thats just one more scholorship for someone that is intrested in UK like a #56 Tyler Smith out of Tennessee or #75 Lawrence Westbrook out of Arizona ! Rankings are courtesy of rivals.com

Tyler Smith already committed to PITT a couple weeks ago....
alfus21 Wrote:Tyler Smith already committed to PITT a couple weeks ago....

Not so fast Alfus. Tubby Smith was at Tyler Smith's house last night visiting with him. Word is buzz Peterson will be hired as an assistant here at UK and if that happens, Tyler Smith will be a Wildcat.
corndog23 Wrote:Not so fast Alfus. Tubby Smith was at Tyler Smith's house last night visiting with him. Word is buzz Peterson will be hired as an assistant here at UK and if that happens, Tyler Smith will be a Wildcat.

Wow..I didn't know that corndog...Good info right there, and I know Rigot will be gone, so hopefully we can get Smith in here now..Thanks for the info.. :thumpsup:
alfus21 Wrote:Wow..I didn't know that corndog...Good info right there, and I know Rigot will be gone, so hopefully we can get Smith in here now..Thanks for the info.. :thumpsup:

Thats what im here for...:letsparty
Good luck to Adam. Best move for him and the team. Man Tyler Smith would be an awesome addition.
corndog23 Wrote:Im thinkin maybe Marshall.

This should work out for both parties. Williams would have never had the oppurtunity to play here, and somewhere else he might be able to work himself into the game, im so glad he left...
This could turn out to be a steal for Marshall if Williams buys into there sytem, hes a good athlete, just needs to see some minutes....when will he announce where he's officially transferring to??
corndog23 Wrote:Im thinkin maybe Marshall.

If he would have never had the opportunity to play at UK, why did they recruit him??
Anyone heard anything new on Tyler?
Adam Williams ended up at Marshall. Good luck and hope you find lots of success there. :Thumbs:
I kinda had a feeling he would end up at Marshall. When players transfer, always like to see Marshall the college of choice!
Great fit for both IMO. I wish him the best
In all honesty, should have went there to begin with!
good luck at marshall