Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: MCB:06/07 Preseason Top 10
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What is your Men's college basketball preseason top 10 for the 06-07 season.

1.)Florida- Maybe one of the sophmores will leave this team. Noah, Green, Horford, Humphrey, Brewer. This team will be back in the Final Four Next season.
2.)North Carolina- Tyler Hansbrough and other sophmores will lead this team to a Elite 8 next season.
3.)Ohio St.- With the Top recruiting class coming in with Greg Oden out of the High school in Indianapolis they will be a contender in the Big 10.
4.)UCLA- Returning alot of the players which include Farmer and others they will be back on top of the Pac-10.
5.)Kansas- This team will be in the Final Four Next season For sure!
6.)Texas- Will have a good recruting class coming in and returning a couple of there starters.
7.)Michigan St.- They will be returning Shannon Brown and some top recruits.
8.)Tennesse- They return Chris Lofton and are getting some good recruits with Duke Crews and Wayne Chism.
9.)Kentucky- The Wildcats are returning 3 of there starters with Morris, Crawford, Perry, and will have a freshman at the 1 spot with it being Meeks or Jasper, and the bench should be intresting having the freshman Perry Stevenson playing the Power Foward position.
10.)Duke- They'll get another good recruiting class with Gerald Henderson and be good basketball team once again.
Notables:UCONN, Arkansas, Alabama, Villanova, Georgia Tech
1. North Carolina - Hansbourough(spelling) will be unstoppable next season, and all the young guys will step up right away...UNC are National Champs next season...
2. Florida - #2 only because I think Noah will enter the draft, and they would not be the same without him...Even if he stays, I say they have a let-down after winning the title..
3. Ohio State - Gred Oden will be a huge impact right away, along with some of teh athletes returning they should be tough..
4. Kansas - Rush and Wright return to a team that will be tough next season...
5. UCLA - Farmar returns to a big team with great defensive talent(except in the National Title game, offense needs to be more consistant.
6. Texas - Incoming frosh Durant will step up immediatly and have a good system in place..
7. LSU - Davis, Thomas, Mitchell, and they only lose the senior Mitchell....Will be tough once again if Davis and Thomas return

Top 7 is all I'm going to do mainly because of the fact that I dont know who's staying or going for teams and it was hard enough to come up with the top 7...

I will say that Tennessee and Kentucyk will not be anywhere near the top 10 to start next season...Tennessee lost 3 starters, and will have to prove themselves first to get that high, and Kentucky will struggle to find themselves early without Rondo but come on strong late, and I also think Bradley will be the front runner for the PG position until the frosh come in and prove themselves...
1. Florida- Noah will stay for his Jr. year
2. North Carolina- Hansborough will take over and be POY in the ACC
3. Kansas- Young just like the first 2 teams and will make a Final Four run
4. Ohio State- #1 Recruiting class by far
5. UCLA-With a good recruiting class and they will have Farmar, Affalo and there big center (w/e his name is lol) will be a force
6. LSU-Will have Big Baby Thomas and other role players. But will they have John Brady as coach?
7. UCONN-Will still be at the top if Rudy Gay returns but its not looking good and Williams should stay
8. Texas- Returning some starters and with Kevin Durant coming in they should dominate the big 12
9. Duke- With Mcroberts and Paulus leading the way and of course a great recruiting class they will be tough to contend with.
10. Tennessee-As much as I hate to say it they will be very tough with Lofton coming back and the Bradshaw kid and having a good class of recruits coming in.
1. Florida- Noah will stay for his Jr. year
2. North Carolina- Hansborough will take over and be POY in the ACC
3. Kansas- Young just like the first 2 teams and will make a Final Four run
4. Ohio State- #1 Recruiting class by far
5. UCLA-With a good recruiting class and they will have Farmar, Affalo and there big center (w/e his name is lol) will be a force
6. LSU-Will have Big Baby Thomas and other role players. But will they have John Brady as coach?
7. UCONN-Will still be at the top if Rudy Gay returns but its not looking good and Williams should stay
8. Texas- Returning some starters and with Kevin Durant coming in they should dominate the big 12
9. Duke- With Mcroberts and Paulus leading the way and of course a great recruiting class they will be tough to contend with.
10. Tennessee-As much as I hate to say it they will be very tough with Lofton coming back and the Bradshaw kid and having a good class of recruits coming in.
Tennessee will be nowhere near as good next year.
1.Florida
2.Kansas
3.UCONN
4.North Carolina
5. UCLA
6. LSU
7. Ohio St.
8. Texas
9. Memphis
10. Gonzaga (without Morrison)

Conference Strength (top to bottom)
1. Big East
2. Big Ten
3. Big XII
4. SEC
5. ACC
6. Pac 10
1) North Carolina
2) Florida
3) UCONN
4) Kansas
5) Ohio St.
6) UCLA
7) Texas
8) LSU
9) Tennessee
10) Duke
I can't believe some of you are saying Tennessee will be good next year...ALL they have is Lofton returning...Watson was the glue that kept that team together, and he is gone...They will struggle imo next season and not even by anywhere near the top 10...
How come nobody has mentioned the UofL ? I think they will be a solid team,with a young squad with some great recruits coming in the 06-07 season!!! GO CARDS!!!!! :1:
cardsfan Wrote:How come nobody has mentioned the UofL ? I think they will be a solid team,with a young squad with some great recruits coming in the 06-07 season!!! GO CARDS!!!!! :1:

Yeah UL will be a very good team next season as bad as I hate to admit it...I think the loss of Dean will hurt them worse than they think, but they will be a good team next season...
For Louisville Padgette will be there best player but he has no leadership at all so I think they'll go in and out of the coaches poll all next season, But will get back in the Ncaa tournament !
FreakNasty Wrote:1.Florida
2.Kansas
3.UCONN
4.North Carolina
5. UCLA
6. LSU
7. Ohio St.
8. Texas
9. Memphis
10. Gonzaga (without Morrison)

Conference Strength (top to bottom)
1. Big East
2. Big Ten
3. Big XII
4. SEC
5. ACC
6. Pac 10

No love for the SEC Freak?Smile

Heres my preseason top 10

1. UNC
2.UF
3.Kansas
4.UCLA
5.LSU (Pending Tyrus Thomas and Davis staying)
6.UCONN
7.OSU
8.Memphis
9. UK ( cause im a homer!:Clap: )
10. Texas
1. Florida
2. North Carolina
3. UCLA
4. Connecticut
5. Kansas
6. LSU
7. Texas
8. Duke
9. Several Possibilities
10. Several Possibilities
corndog23 Wrote:No love for the SEC Freak?Smile

Heres my preseason top 10

1. UNC
2.UF
3.Kansas
4.UCLA
5.LSU (Pending Tyrus Thomas and Davis staying)
6.UCONN
7.OSU
8.Memphis
9. UK ( cause im a homer!:Clap: )
10. Texas

Miss. St, Auburn, Georgia, Ole Miss will continue to bring the conference down big time. I think Arkansas will fade next year as well....