Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Kentucky to host 2007 NCAA 1st/2nd Round
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[b][b]The 2007 first- and second-round sites are:

[/b]Buffalo, New York; HSBC Arena; Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference, Canisius College and Niagara University, hosts; Thursday and Saturday, March 15 and 17.

Chicago; United Center; Big Ten Conference, host; Friday and Sunday, March 16 and 18.

Columbus, Ohio; Nationwide Arena; Ohio State University, host; March 16 and 18.

[b]Lexington, Kentucky; Rupp Arena; University of Kentucky, host; March 16 and 18.

[/b]New Orleans; New Orleans Arena; Tulane University, host; March 16 and 18.

Sacramento, California; ARCO Arena; University of the Pacific, host; March 15 and 17.

Spokane, Washington; Spokane Memorial Arena; Washington State University, host; March 15 and 17.

* Winston-Salem, North Carolina; Lawrence Joel Veterans Memorial Coliseum; Wake Forest University, host; March 15 and 17.

[b]The 2007 regional sites are:

[/b]East Rutherford, New Jersey; Continental Airlines Arena; Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, New Brunswick, host; Friday and Sunday, March 23 and 25.

San Antonio; Alamodome; University of Texas at San Antonio, host; Thursday and Saturday, March 22 and 24.

San Jose, California; HP Pavilion; San Jose State University, host; March 22 and 24.

St. Louis; Edward Jones Dome; Missouri Valley Conference, host; March 23 and 25.

--------------------------------------------------------

Courtesy: http://www.ncaa.org/news/2004/20040719/d...15n13.html

[/b]
Sounds good, I might go depending on the teams that play there...
I will probably try to go
I will be there.
Tickets are on sale now. $150 each:

http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/16003C...norcatid=7
150 each... dammn
Yea at first I was thinking I'd maybe try to go but at $150 each that makes my living room sound better.
supa_carrot Wrote:Yea at first I was thinking I'd maybe try to go but at $150 each that makes my living room sound better.

Especially since you don't know who will be in it, crap teams would make it
I'm sure there will be cheap tickets for sale outside after the first day. Maybe even the first 1/2 day.
supa_carrot Wrote:Yea at first I was thinking I'd maybe try to go but at $150 each that makes my living room sound better.

lol....yessir I agree!
If UK makes that regional to play in Rupp, I'm going for sure then !
You cant play tournament games on your home floor so UK will not be there. I see them playing in Columbus maybe though.
Yeah, the host University cannot play in their own arena. In case that UK is a 1-3 seed next year, they will be in Columbus for the first 2 rounds and then go to St.Louis for the 3/4th rounds and then hopefully on to CATLANTA for the Final 4 !!!

Imo, I think UK will be as high as a #2 seed next year...hopefully a #1
Great news for Lexington.
sounds great for the Lexington area. Really good to showcase Rupp. But heck, $150 a pop, my couch is a whole lot softer and I can say what I want to the refs.
corndog23 Wrote:You cant play tournament games on your home floor so UK will not be there. I see them playing in Columbus maybe though.

OH, I wasnt aware of that !
I wonder if Freedom Hall ever held the opening rounds (too small, will never happen) if Kentucky would get to play there? Duke ALWAYS gets to open the tournament in their back yard. Would UK?
I was thinkin about goin but i dont want to go and have to see teams that aren't that good