Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: What are your favorite brand of Cheer Shoes?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was just wondering what is everyone's favorite cheer shoe?

Is it Nike low tops, high tops, Asics, Reebok....

When I cheered, I always liked the hightops for tumbling and climbing. They seemed to be more stable on the ankles.
LOL... I was always on the bottom of any climbing that was done... BUT... as for tumbling... I always's preferred something (didn't care what brand) that had a sturdy bottom. Slick bottomed shoes were absolutely impossible to throw a backhandspring in!!! I do like the looks of Asics though. A great support on your ankles is a must when cheering and tumbling as well!!
phs1986 Wrote:LOL... I was always on the bottom of any climbing that was done... BUT... as for tumbling... I always's preferred something (didn't care what brand) that had a sturdy bottom. Slick bottomed shoes were absolutely impossible to throw a backhandspring in!!! I do like the looks of Asics though. A great support on your ankles is a must when cheering and tumbling as well!!

I climbed in grade school...based entire 4 years of high school. I hated any shoe that had treads on them..they were killer on the hands, thighs, and shoulders!!!!
Pirate Pal Wrote:I climbed in grade school...based entire 4 years of high school. I hated any shoe that had treads on them..they were killer on the hands, thighs, and shoulders!!!!

Boy do I remember those days!!! :Cheerlead I used to come home from practice with tread marks down both sides of my neck/shoulder area.... BLOOD red marks!!!
Asics are good and very light but they have no ankle support... my ankles are like dead now LOL
phs1986 Wrote:Boy do I remember those days!!! :Cheerlead I used to come home from practice with tread marks down both sides of my neck/shoulder area.... BLOOD red marks!!!

Minus what skin USED to be in those areas!!! :yikes:
YEP... good thing I had a understanding boyfriend back in the day!!! LMAO....
Asics i hated those nike ones everyone wore this year. Looked like something a nurse would wear.
The nike Air mid from 2000 were the best shoes i ever cheered in. They were extremely light so tumbling was easier and they had great support. I still have a pair hehe
Asics were always the best in my opinion. They were really cute back in the day when you could change the colors on the side to match any uniform and/or outfit. I never cheered, always played basketball, but I had a pair in 1st grade or so because my mom was a freak about everything matching perfectly. Smile
Power shoes of any style are great for any area of cheering. Very light for tumbling and no treads on the bottom.
I think that you can't Nike. We had adias this and they sucked they all but fell apart on some of the girls. We had one girl taping her shoe together because the shoestring eyes pulled though and the shoe wouldn't stay together. I hope we don't go that route again.
I like the Nike"air mix down" has a slimmer sides so it doesn't make your feet look fat and wide the shoes are light weight for tumbling and the sole has a cool designed bottom sporting nike logo but low top so" sorry no ankle support.." if you want check'em out Ithink they may be on Varsity.com