Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Big Sendoff For Former UC Coaches Huggins, Kennedy
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just two days after former UC basketball head coaches Bob Huggins and Andy Kennedy took new jobs, they received a big sendoff from their fans.

On Wednesday night University of Cincinnati basketball fans had the chance to wish the two former head coaches farewell.

Just a week ago, one was a former UC head coach, and the other was soon to be.

Now Bob Huggins and his protege Andy Kennedy are headed to Kansas State , Ole Miss -- to be head coaches, respectively.

But their ties to the Tri-state will endure.

That was never more evident than Wednesday night in Butler County, where fans jammed Rick's Tavern in Fairfield as the two coaches shared the microphone one last time.

Huggins and Kennedy were both on hand for a meet-and-greet at the sports bar in Fairfield.

Kennedy, who was the interim coach after UC let Huggins go, responded to whether he had been given any chance at gaining UC's job full-time.

"Because of a lot of circumstances, my job was in a transition," said Kennedy. "I didn't expect anything further nor did I need anything."

As for Huggins, he's excited about his fresh start in Manhattan, Kansas.

"That what I do, I am a basketball coach," said Huggins.

"I am very fortunate to get a great job," said Huggins, "working with the nicest people I have ever been around." Huggins also had sharp words for UC president Nancy Zimpher, telling the crowd she was off-base to judge the program solely on its academic standing.
Hopefully Huggins was smart enough to have a designated driver or to take a cab home. Smile
venom93 Wrote:Hopefully Huggins was smart enough to have a designated driver or to take a cab home. Smile

:thatsfunn
venom93 Wrote:Hopefully Huggins was smart enough to have a designated driver or to take a cab home. Smile
:thatsfunn :thatsfunn :thatsfunn
That horse has been dead for over two years now.Rolleyes
98NCCalum Wrote:That horse has been dead for over two years now.Rolleyes

Yes, but you have to admit a guy that got a DUI which ultimately led to the loss of his job having a farewell party at a sports bar is just a little humorous. Hell, maybe he got Eddie Sutton to pick him up afterwards.
Manhattan, KS is not a big city so I think Bob will stay out of trouble, and he will have this team beating Big12 powers and the Wildcats will be in the NCAA tournament next season !