Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: University of Kentucky McDonald's All-Americans
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
There have been 31 McDonald's High School All-Americans to play basketball for the University of Kentucky. 8 of those Micky D's transferred from UK for various reasons. CLICK HERE to check out the entire list.
I remember Carruth. He would have been one heck of a ballplayer if he had only stayed out of trouble and focused on basketball. He could shoot like no other, and was athletic too. Although I disagree with the way he acted, I still feel he deserved more playing time at UK!
Marvin Stone was a brute down low. He could get you a double-double nearly every time out. He was nearly unstoppable, but like we've seen so many times before, 'ole Tubby let a good one go!
StrikeoutKing Wrote:I remember Carruth. He would have been one heck of a ballplayer if he had only stayed out of trouble and focused on basketball. He could shoot like no other, and was athletic too. Although I disagree with the way he acted, I still feel he deserved more playing time at UK!
Marvin Stone was a brute down low. He could get you a double-double nearly every time out. He was nearly unstoppable, but like we've seen so many times before, 'ole Tubby let a good one go!

Other than Stone, name the other so many times that ole Tubby let a good one go?
I dont remember Stone being all that special. As a matter of fact, we used to call him Marvin "hands of" Stone.
I remember Rashaad Carruth also, he had like 19 or 21 pts against dUKe in the meadowlands for the Coaches vs. Cancer Classic !
Carruth could definitely fill it up!!
Would have been a GREAT one but to much THUG in his BLOOD!
Carruth was his own worst enemy didn't he go to oklahoma state and get kicked off the team?
UKGIRL20 Wrote:Carruth was his own worst enemy didn't he go to oklahoma state and get kicked off the team?

yep......and getting kicked off an Eddie Sutton team speaks volumes..Smile
I don't know how Stone was ever a McDonald's AA.
Carruth also then went to a JUCO and was removed from the team if I remember correctly.
I think you are right Catdawg
Very good list. Mercer was the best by far I think.