Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Hansbrough To Return To UNC For Sophomore Season
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
From UNC Athletic Communications

CHAPEL HILL --- University of North Carolina All-America forward Tyler Hansbrough will return to school to play for the Tar Heels in 2006-07, Hansbrough and UNC head coach Roy Williams announced today. Hansbrough earned first-team All-America honors this year from The Sporting News and the Commonwealth Club of Kentucky (Rupp Awards) and was a third-team All-America selection by The Associated Press and National Association of Basketball Coaches. He is the first Tar Heel freshman ever to earn All-America honors.

The Poplar Bluff, Mo., native also was the first freshman to ever be a unanimous first-team All-ACC selection and the ACC Rookie of the Year.

"I never really considered leaving for the NBA after this season, says Hansbrough. However, Coach Williams still provided me information he learned from his contacts in the league and after listening to that information I still think it is best for me to come back and be with my teammates again and hopefully have another fantastic season. The NBA is definitely a goal of mine down the line but right now I am enjoying college a great deal and feel I can improve in every phase of my game. I enjoy school, my teammates and being part of the Carolina Basketball program."
He's not that good just yet.
Smart decision to stay
hes good but not that good
Hansbrough is a good player but not good enough to have went to the nba this season. I think he made a good decision to stay. If he stays all 4 years and stays healthy i think he could be a number 1 draft pick.
He could easily be a #1 draft pick after next season.
Wow, just think what he'll do to Williams in the NBA in a couple of years, after man-handling him during the UNC-Duke game.
UNC just might be pre-season number 1 next year.
Easy decision IMO, he could become a top 20 guy next year if he continues to improve...
Not good enough for the pros yet. But after next year i could see him as a lottery pick.
Great decision. He will be a good pro someday, just not today. Another season or so and we will see a lottery pick.
Very smart decision to stay with UNC. They are going to make alot of noise next year.
he is a great player to be a freshman, many announcers said he was the best big man to come thought the acc in a long time..he was on the first team all american as a freshman..i didnt see any other freshman on that team??