Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Article on MS task force in LHL
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Looks like the KHSAA is looking to be in charge..........
I read the entire article, and it seems like KHSAA is willing to take on governing middle school sports. This will be interesting when the FBU selection takes place or basketball tournament starts. I guess if they are taking on Bass Fishing as a sport middle school regulation isn't far behind.
Actually, I have a great source(Legislator) that says the purpose of the task force, which I will be on, is to set the guidelines so that it can be managed by the association and the KHSAA and Legislature can be comfortable about the guidelines ability to protect young athletes. The KHSAA does not want this monster and there is not enough money generated to afford employees and space needed to justify it. But I regress.......

I hope everyone has a great football season this year. Good Luck!
This is OK with me. The state starts on all different dates.
I do not like playing teams made up of several middle schools, because the excuse "We are a feeder system".

A Middle school team comes from kids attending the same Middle School
OMH - what are your thoughts on schools that dont have persay middle schools in their school system? How should they play?
plantmanky Wrote:OMH - what are your thoughts on schools that dont have persay middle schools in their school system? How should they play?

Most or all schools have a 7th and 8th grade.
Hey OHM,
Not all. Boone Co does not offer middle school football and its a pretty big system. As I understand it, a lot of Catholic middle schools don't either because they aren't big enough. They feed into a larger high school.

I like Plantman's question. I think it's legit.

Any ideas?
Well Boone County Kids should not play "Middle" School Football. They stay in Pop Warner or what ever.

For the small Catholic schools, either get a team, or go to a school that does.
There are starting to be alot of All-star teams being put togther.
If a School District does not have a team for their 7th and 8th graders, then have a Pop Warner league.
I think if there is money to be made KHSAA will be right in it... but like this thread entirely speculation. It would not suprise me to see that the KHSAA would be involved in the middle school level very soon.
The Paintsville 5th & 6th grade football team as well as the 3rd & 4th grade football team are looking to add some games (Home and Away) for the upcoming 2012 season.